Sign in to follow this  
Herman

*****The Official Lapps Match Thread*****

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

Smith on Pukki & Cantwell being absent.  "Patient confidentiality!  I haven't spoken to them yet". WTF!

To be fair it has only been two days since the last match but that is odd

4 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Ha, ha, their acting manager implies Gallacher has just been rested!  Shows what he thinks of us as an opposition!

He was very cagey around the Covid question, I think he was trying to avoid saying he has Covid tbh (confidentiality and all that).

Look at what you could have had...............

Krul

Aarons  - Hanley  - Zimmermann  - Omobamidele 

Rashica  -  Normann  -  Rupp  - Cantwell 

Pukki - A.N Other

Both teams have 2 goalies on the bench and can’t fill the bench.

This game should definitely not be going on today. Thanks premier league, hope you enjoy that sweet Amazon cash.

8 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Crystal Palace -2 Asian Handicap at 6.94 on Betfair exchange. It might soften the blow, just saying 🤷‍♂️

Over 2.5 goals by H/T 9/1, that’s my tip of the day. 

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

Smith on Pukki & Cantwell being absent.  "Patient confidentiality!  I haven't spoken to them yet". WTF!

He knows he’s just giving the interviewer a stock response

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

*takes a swig of tea...

And I see Tzolis and Giannoulis causing carnage down that left flank, winging in balls for Idah to get on the end of. And Lees-Melou digging out his shooting boots and lashing one in from outside the box. And Gilmour hitting an incisive pass for a speeding Placheta to get on the end of before pulling it back for Idah.

And Sam Byram steps back in as if he were never away, teaming up with Sörensen as both go into "right, you're not getting past!" mode as we beat back Palace and win 5-1 with an Idah hat-trick, Lees-Melou scoring a screamer and Tzolis break-dancing his way round the whole Palace defence before megging the goalie and celebrating by jumping on his friend Giannoulis's back and pretending to be a horse and jockey or something.

Wait. What the heck was in that cuppa???

You've been stealing Hogesar's rum?

To be serious, it is not a bad defence, if it stays fit for the whole game, and a midfield of Gilmour, McLean and Lees-Milou is lower on the Eeekometer than Sunday's Gilmour, McLean and Dowell...🤓

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Adam haven’t stepped up since his treble at Preston. 

1 minute ago, rock bus said:

Very optimistic or you’ve been drinking already., (Idah scoring more than the result)

today is the day !! 

Idah if he was a racehorse you would buy him he looks like he is built to be a good striker its when he races on the track you find out he should be on yarmouth beach doing rides for a quid 

Anyone at selhurst park reading his, you have my respect. Going to that dump then seeing that team must have been tough. I hope the game is enjoyable for you.

13 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

How many time will Idah be offside today?

I'm going for 34.

OTBC

At least Idah is trying to do what a good striker should do and play on the last man's shoulder - unfortunately we've seen very little of that from Sargent so far. 

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

You've been stealing Hogesar's rum?

To be serious, it is not a bad defence, if it stays fit for the whole game, and a midfield of Gilmour, McLean and Lees-Milou is lower on the Eeekometer than Sunday's Gilmour, McLean and Dowell...🤓

I don't drink, that's what made me worried. The midfield could work if we inverted it and sent Gilmour further forward. That said, Byram won't go as far forward as an Aarons, and Sörensen can be excused the odd little sortie out with the ball. Not hard to see that morphing into a back three when we're in possession with our Greek Mr. No Brakes deciding the left flank is his own personal running track.

24 minutes ago, Indy said:

Do we know why Aarons, Pukki and Cantwell aren’t playing or in the squad, can’t be Covid! Surely it must be injuries? Anyone!

Aarons and Cantwell moving on?

3 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

At least Idah is trying to do what a good striker should do and play on the last man's shoulder - unfortunately we've seen very little of that from Sargent so far. 

Maybe someone should teach him which side of the shoulder to be on?

OTBC

3 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

i think he needs to learn the game more and that will come with games 

a loan to a l1 side like rotherham or someone would have done him the world of good 

i think he has everything in his build pace etc to be a good striker just needs to play to learn the game more 

Palace are missing a fair few, and their talisman is out in Zaha as well.

If we're disciplined, organised, and fight hard..... we might have a chance here.

Just discovered kick offs 3.00 today, need to take more notice might do that until we are 2-0 down.  Maybe as late as 15th minute but probably much earlier

Just now, pete said:

Just discovered kick offs 3.00 today, need to take more notice might do that until we are 2-0 down.  Maybe as late as 15th minute but probably much earlier

That's the spirit Pete! 

OTBC