Sign in to follow this  
Herman

*****The Official Lapps Match Thread*****

Just now, hogesar said:

Really feels like we should have been doing everything to push for a postponement, I imagine some clubs don't need to do as much pushing as other clubs..

I'm glad it's just been Christmas and I have several different bottles of rum in the house.

Pretty sure I'm going to need at least one of them.

At least one . To be on the safe side I’d keep a couple more to hand . 

• Haha 1

Just now, Indy said:

Do we know why Aarons, Pukki and Cantwell aren’t playing or in the squad, can’t be Covid! Surely it must be injuries? Anyone!

The team sheet on Twitter said illness and injury - I guess it could be another illness that’s not Covid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

The team sheet on Twitter said illness and injury - I guess it could be another illness that’s not Covid.

Thanks, surely we should be looking to win and play our strongest 11, for me Kabak should be starting with Sorensen in midfield to shore up that area where we are weak…….could be a very good front three if we could have won that midfield battle but with Gilmour and Lees in there……

Edited by Indy

9 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

So we should be doing the same shouldn't we?

I want to know who's call it was not to try and get this game postponed.

We probably tried and asked politely if we may not play today and they shoved the phone down. Just call the lot off. Past caring now

15 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I actually quite like that team. Sorensen in - and an I'd say an Idah goal or two coming up - two wide men and him in the middle, good opportunity for the youngsters to show what they can do.

PS - To the laughing face brigade - let's see if you will still be laughing at this post at the end of the match......

Blimey! Is optimistic Lakey back? Or have you been sniffing/licking/eating glue again?

It's got to be a season changing 2-0 win for the boys in yellow hasn't it?  My best friends, Lord Lucan and Shergar, have just popped over to the watch the match. Shergar's sorted Amazon Prime, double L has brought round some Magners and I've cooked up some delicious garlic bread and bitesize sausage rolls. Come on you YELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOWS! 🤪

OTBC

a lot of bugs been going around Norfolk not covid but bad colds i know as i had it over christmas 

i think idah will step up today 

4 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Christ, Sargent still looks ill on his walk into the ground!  

he's looked ill every time he's been near the ball this season tbf

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

that lineup is a disgrace to the paying fans. Utter shambles yet again from Norwich in the prem to allow it to get to this.

Wow. So many sticks in one sentence.

Does anyone remember when we just had a defensive crisis a couple of seasons ago?

Those were the days.

Krul, Aarons, Hanley, Rashica, Normann, Andrew O, Pukki, Cantwell, Rupp, all out injured or ill. Probably others out too as we can't name a full bench, yet the team we are playing still has a £50-60m value on it when at least 6 of them wouldn't normally start.

I know I'll get slaughtered for saying this, but Hell's teeth that is monumental progress from where we were a few years ago.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So when you look at the lineup what do you see? What do you smell?

Beacause to me it stinks of a midtable finish in the championship

To be fair CC I would take that next year quite happily

*takes a swig of tea...

And I see Tzolis and Giannoulis causing carnage down that left flank, winging in balls for Idah to get on the end of. And Lees-Melou digging out his shooting boots and lashing one in from outside the box. And Gilmour hitting an incisive pass for a speeding Placheta to get on the end of before pulling it back for Idah.

And Sam Byram steps back in as if he were never away, teaming up with Sörensen as both go into "right, you're not getting past!" mode as we beat back Palace and win 5-1 with an Idah hat-trick, Lees-Melou scoring a screamer and Tzolis break-dancing his way round the whole Palace defence before megging the goalie and celebrating by jumping on his friend Giannoulis's back and pretending to be a horse and jockey or something.

Wait. What the heck was in that cuppa???

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

i think it will be 2 -1 and he gets both !! 

Very optimistic or you’ve been drinking already., (Idah scoring more than the result)

9 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

a lot of bugs been going around Norfolk not covid but bad colds i know as i had it over christmas 

i think idah will step up today 

Adam haven’t stepped up since his treble at Preston.