Sign in to follow this  
Danbury Yellow

Can we stay up?

4 hours ago, Jambomo said:

I think we do. You are seeing other teams with players missing but they are not having to play players like Byram who had been out for 2 years, or Gilmour with a 39 degree temp.

It’s more squad depth, other teams might be able to afford 6/7 first team players out, Norwich can’t. I can see what Smith meant after the Villa game in saying they could have pushed to have it postponed, it might be the difference between saying the likes of Byram, Gilmour and Giannoulis (who was Ill but on the bench etc) aren’t available and that we couldn’t field a team, I think they should have done that if it was an option tbh.

Isn't that what I said?

Squad depth. Other teams can afford to lose players as they have quality on the bench. If we lose the 2 or 3 players who can play in this league then we are screwed.

COVID. We should have tried to get the games called off. Obviously we said we had enough players fit and if we did then that is down to us. You must have to prove the COVID cases but surely we could have come up with good reasons for other players to be injured. 

3 minutes ago, Canaries north said:

Isn't that what I said?

Squad depth. Other teams can afford to lose players as they have quality on the bench. If we lose the 2 or 3 players who can play in this league then we are screwed.

COVID. We should have tried to get the games called off. Obviously we said we had enough players fit and if we did then that is down to us. You must have to prove the COVID cases but surely we could have come up with good reasons for other players to be injured. 

Ahh apologies, I must have misread your post. I do agree then 🤣

• Like 1