Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Should Webber be sacked if/when we get relegated?

Should Webber be sacked if/when we get relegated?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Should Webber be sacked if/when we get relegated?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure

1 hour ago, HazzaJet said:

Agree with you Hoggy. I know he’s got rather unpopular amongst most fans for how he’s done with the PL but I think after what he achieved by signing Krul, Buendia, Pukki etc too much was expected of him

Although I was expecting Webber to manage our finances so that we have no need to sell next summer, I’m not very convinced after  spending £60m and am getting concerned about what our situation will be next season

I think its worth noting the gamble even with more money staying up in the prem is. Take Fulhams 100 mill spend- did they sack everyone after that? (I genuinely don't know the answer). Its really difficult even with a huge amount of money.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I think its worth noting the gamble even with more money staying up in the prem is. Take Fulhams 100 mill spend- did they sack everyone after that? (I genuinely don't know the answer). Its really difficult even with a huge amount of money.

Exactly - they spent £104m and went straight back down, Villa spent £140m and only stayed up thanks to a fault in GLT

The credibility of Mr Webber may have been damaged. The credibility of the club certainly has. What is the nett worth now of the players signed under him, and retained by him for this season?

I was just watching Sky's podcast on the Ashes.

Nasser Hussain came out with a quote that translates perfectly across to NCFC, and to this thread.

"People always want their pound of flesh when things go wrong. Someone to blame.

But always ask yourself. Am I confident that change will make things better?

Change for change's sake is not improvement."

Edited by Beefy is a legend

18 hours ago, NCFCInnit said:

The credibility of Mr Webber may have been damaged. The credibility of the club certainly has. What is the nett worth now of the players signed under him, and retained by him for this season?

I would suggest their net worth would be a massive loss. Normann the best one, but we don't own him.

Who on earth would buy any of them?

He pockets around £1m a season? His job us to improve the 1st team year in year out? Has he done it? Is this another "there is no one better" dilemma?

I can feel the total apathy settling in whilst people make excuse after excuse..  clubs reputation is in utter tatters. So bad my friends, of other clubs dont ever mention NCFC.. 

We were as woefully under prepared this season as the last time around. Webber will probably disappear into the sunset soon enough leaving Adams in position. I’m sure he’s had enough, maybe he’ll do better a formula one?