Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

Bad day for the moaners

A good 2-0 win - could have been more. Greeno very assured, very solid defence, Hoozy had a good game before going off, Hucks back to his best, Worthy''s 3 Jan signings all looking extremely good, fans getting behind their team.  We even had a chorus of Worthington''s green and yellow army.

The whingers must be gutted - sure you will find something else to moan about, eh?  Especially the type of moaner who doesn''t actually go to games, but feels it is their right to do nothing but slag off their club.

On the ball City....

I wondered how long it would be before you came back out of the woodwork. Ok, here we go...

"A good 2-0 win" - rubbish. With a half-decent striker, Derby would have at least drawn, if not won it - just like the Brighton match. "Hughes had a good game" - rubbish. He was on the pitch for thirty minutes, during which time he merely managed to mess up less often than normal - he is still awful. "Fans getting behind the team" - yes, we do. Getting behind Worthington - I must get my hearing checked, because the only ''Army'' chant I heard today was for Delia (once). The rest of the time, the chants were for players who performed well (Hucks, Leon and Greeno). As someone remarked behind me today, watching Norwich at the moment is like going to the theatre, with a lot of people chatting rather than being inspired by our play.

Do two wins against awful opposition make you think that we''re a decent side? I suggest that you''ll get a reality check as to our current situation when we play against some of the better teams over the next few weeks - remember the results against Reading, Watford and Preston over the past few weeks? On the whole we''ve been rubbish this season under this manager - the sooner he goes, the better. WORTHY OUT.   

A marginally better performance than Tuesday and yes Hughes was better today.  You have to be honest and admit that Brighton and Derby weren''t particularly good, which is reflected by their league positions.  Before you get carried away Dicky let us see how we get on against Palace.  As for moaning I still cannot understand why McVeigh is only on the bench, and McKenzie won more headers than Thorne when he came on. 

Dicky you must have been the only one singing Worthington''s green and yellow army, unless it came from the dugout.  Delia''s barmy army yes, on more than one occasion.

[quote user="Damo for England"]

Hughes had a good game?? Are you sure you weren''t watching Reading play about 3 seasons ago?!

Hughes was awful as ever.

[/quote]

Why don''t you look at things without your "I hate Hughes" glasses on.  Hughes closed things down well and we missed that when he went off.  Still, I suppose you were one of those that had Flemmo in your sights before Hughes - oh, and Holt before that....

An improved all round team performance, certainly. Including a better

effort by Hughes, and contribution by Thorne. However, the team still

carries those types of technically limited players. It''s the likes of

Hucks (sublime yesterday), and Safri that do the real work. If Derby''s

finishing had been better it would have been 1-1 going into the final

ten minutes. But a win''s a win, so who cares?

Well, beating the likes of relegation threatened Brighton and Derby are

all well and good. However, it''s the losing at home to promotion

chasers Watford and Preston that re-enforces the feeling that we are

going nowhere fast.

wedid ok.  Derby were poor however, their number 34 up front has even less footballing ability than Andy Hughes!!!

these 2 victories are decent results but anything less than 6 points would have been abysmal.  Nexts weeks match at Palace will give more of an idea of how far we have come. 

The home win roll of honour doesnt make great reading however, we have barely got a result againat a decent team at home - not one of the top 6 so far....

Plymouth
Hull
Southampton
Derby
Brighton
Luton
Cardiff
Burnley

in fact nor does the away one

Sheff Utd
Brighton
Crewe
Ipswich
Leicester

I''m not gutted at all. Yes I do want to see Worthy replaced but I am delighted we won yesterday and if we play week in week out like that then I would be very much prepared to change my opinion! I thought we looked very dangerous and the two loan signings were great! Come on Norwich - let''s keep it up!!

It''s quite sad that your first thought appears to ''get back'' at the ''moaners'' Dicky. Many of these posters have also commented on the better performance and the supporters are still the best in the division (another full house I gather). It has also been noticeable that during the previous dire performances you have been very, very quiet. I am sure there are many, including myself, who would be only too willing to eat humble pie should Worthington motivate the team to go on a winning run resulting in a trip to the wonderful Millenium Stadium. The fact remains that based on the last 18 months City are not playing the assertive, attacking football that is required to succeed, whether at Championship level or in the Premiership. No amount of your Squit can disguise this.

And before you slag off ''moaners who don''t actually go to games'' there are many of us who are desperate to get any kind of a ticket. I had to relinquish my season ticket three years ago due to work committments (I could not afford around £400 to attend four games) and as a consequence neither myself or my two sons have been able to watch maore than a couple of games a season since then.

Well said Link the game was poor, still hoofing it up against one of the tallest back 4''s in the division consequently we lost possession far to often.

The highlight of the game was Worthington throwing his water bottle to the ground in frustration because Hucks wouldn''t sprint back to defend in fact I think Hucks was laughing at him as are most supporters. 

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="Damo for England"]

Hughes had a good game?? Are you sure you weren''t watching Reading play about 3 seasons ago?!

Hughes was awful as ever.

[/quote]

Why don''t you look at things without your "I hate Hughes" glasses on.  Hughes closed things down well and we missed that when he went off.  Still, I suppose you were one of those that had Flemmo in your sights before Hughes - oh, and Holt before that....

[/quote]

dare i say it i agree with Dicky!!! (it wont happen again i swear!) i thought andy Hoof did ok yesterday.... he put himself about... certainly better than Robinson i feel....

jas :)

[quote user="Dicky"]

A good 2-0 win - could have been more. Greeno very assured, very solid defence, Hoozy had a good game before going off, Hucks back to his best, Worthy''s 3 Jan signings all looking extremely good, fans getting behind their team.  We even had a chorus of Worthington''s green and yellow army.

The whingers must be gutted - sure you will find something else to moan about, eh?  Especially the type of moaner who doesn''t actually go to games, but feels it is their right to do nothing but slag off their club.

On the ball City....

[/quote]

Don`t you mean its a good day for Dicky as you get to do the thing you like to do the most.

Bash fellow Norwich fans.

You just can`t be happy that we won.

I guess this is "one on the chin for the Worthy doubters"

[quote user="ridgeman"]

Well said Link the game was poor, still hoofing it up against one of the tallest back 4''s in the division consequently we lost possession far to often.

The highlight of the game was Worthington throwing his water bottle to the ground in frustration because Hucks wouldn''t sprint back to defend in fact I think Hucks was laughing at him as are most supporters. 

[/quote] Can''t agree I''m afraid. We didn''t hoof it upfield much and we had some great passing moves. If we had finished properly we could have won 4-0!! Derby only had one clear chance in the game.

It''s a bit sad if that was the highlight of the game for you. Mine was winning 2-0, followed by Hucks goal, followed by the quality of football we played. This would be a long long way down the list!

I agree with Worthy on this one. While he had an awesome game going forward I think Hucks was a bit irresponsible at times with his defending. There was one time when he gambled on the defender passing the ball back to the keeper, instead he turned the other way and consequently had a clear run to the edge of our box with Huckerby left for dead. When you''re 2-0 up with a couple of minutes to go, going on mazy runs and trying to beat players, which if it fails leaves you short of cover, is not smart. I think Worthy had every right to be annoyed with this as every manager should be.