Sign in to follow this  
Alex Harvey-Jones

If sacking Worthy meant goodbye to Hucks!?

As we all know, Huckerby is a big fan of Worthington and there have been suggestions in the past on this board and other sites that if Worthington was sacked, Huckerby would move on too! I just wondered what the reaction would be if this in fact was the case? Would you guys be prepared to see Hucks go if it meant having a new manager or would it be worth keeping Worthington to ensure Huckerby stayed a Canary?? 

Personally I would be very sad to see Hucks go but he hasn''t shown great form of late and I think that changing the manager is more likely to turn things around for Norwich than keeping Hucks with Worthy in charge. This may be irrelevant because Hucks may stay whatever but I thought it was an interetsing point to consider!

A team is made up of 11 players, not just one. Anyway, if Huckerby loves NCFC as much as he claims, then he won''t be going anywhere.

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]

As we all know, Huckerby is a big fan of Worthington and there have been suggestions in the past on this board and other sites that if Worthington was sacked, Huckerby would move on too! I just wondered what the reaction would be if this in fact was the case? Would you guys be prepared to see Hucks go if it meant having a new manager or would it be worth keeping Worthington to ensure Huckerby stayed a Canary?? 

Personally I would be very sad to see Hucks go but he hasn''t shown great form of late and I think that changing the manager is more likely to turn things around for Norwich than keeping Hucks with Worthy in charge. This may be irrelevant because Hucks may stay whatever but I thought it was an interetsing point to consider[/quote]

The reason Hucks likes it here is because he is a medium fish in a small pond.

When he has been elsewhere Managers have not "ignored/given a pass" to hucks weaknesses such as tackling, tracking back and and heading ect.

I am not sure he likes Worthy as much as the freedom he has here.

The hoofball system does not suit his style, its ironic that the sppace for his goal in the brighton game was created by their defenders as we don`t hae anybody to win headers and flick on.

Don`t get me wrong for all his weaknesses he has strengths/skills that players such as Hughes will never have.

He is a player who can, single handed, turn/win a game from nothing.

I think he has been great for us over the years but maybe he is as stale as Worthy.

As good as he is going forward, he is getting on by his own admission and maybe his work rate lends to our left back being too exposed at times. I like him because he is a talisman for the club which all sides need. But everything has a sell by date. I''m just not sure if he''s got to the use by date yet. In closing I don''t know.

Sorry I can''t offer any more on that. I just don''t know right know.

Why don`t the Hucks knockers just give it a rest ?    can`t they grasp , even yet !  that without him, we would probably be playing in the same league as Forest !    oooh  thats hard to  grasp , isn`t it ?    he doesn`t " track back " they whimper  ,   he can`t  head , they whimper ,   he  doesn`t tackle , they whimper ......   makes you wonder  how we got into the prem !     makes you wonder  who  makes  most of the goals we score , and , in this season  ,  has scored as many as our , so called stikers !   or didn`t it  reach  the brains of the knockers , that two of the goals  against Hull   were , in reality , scored ny him !!    just what s their problem ?

I don''t agree that Huckerby has gone stale at all, we are simply playing a game at the moment that doesn''t allow us to take advantage of his undoubted ability. The long ball hoof with no one to win flick ons is not going to allow any of our forwards/wingers to shine - I don''t think that Huckerby would be going anywhere if Worthington left. 

I can''t agree that Hucks has lost it this season at all, he''s scored

some quality goals and is involved in the majority of chances created.

Maybe he is lax when it comes to defending but at the end of the day

he''s still a striker being played on the wing.

[quote user="pete"]SHEDED try reading the posts properly.[/quote]

Oops   should have said Brighton ...   I did read the posts Pete , and found them contradictory !  maybe  todays  MOM display  from Hucks   will , finally , convince the sceptics  ? 

His run when he went past 3 players including Steady Eddy in the second breath had everyone on there feet and although it ended in the stand everyone was standing and applauding his efforts. Hucks was back to his best today and hope to see much more of it for the rest of the season.

There could also be another side to this in that a new manager might get more out of Huckerby allowing him more freedom. As I said on another post Worthington threw his water bottle down because Hucks lost the ball and didn''t sprint back I do believe Hucks was laughing at Worthington. Maybe a new manager would bring new ideas apart from hoof,hoof,hoof.

[quote user="ridgeman"]There could also be another side to this in that a new manager might get more out of Huckerby allowing him more freedom. As I said on another post Worthington threw his water bottle down because Hucks lost the ball and didn''t sprint back I do believe Hucks was laughing at Worthington. Maybe a new manager would bring new ideas apart from hoof,hoof,hoof.[/quote] You can only give Hucks more freedom though if you have the players in the team to cover for it. If you play Earnie, JJ, McVeigh and McKenzie as well I''m dubious if we would have enough defensive cover anyway let alone if Hucks went walkabout even more. Anyway on yesterday''s performance he doesn''t need any more freedom. Just beacuse he can attack freely and roam the pitch doesn''t mean he can''t get back and defend as well. Perhaps a new manager would be able to work on his defensive side as well to make him a more complete team player without losing any of his attacking flair??