CANARYKING

Shambles at turnstiles

So I downloaded covid status onto my ST as requested, was stopped on way in, was then told that there was no way they could check that I had done it. I showed them by vaccine card but that was not enough, by now there was quite a queue behind so they let me in !

Agree, total shambles. Wife and me showed LFT negative result emails and had Covid records on our ST. Chap next to me had none and still came in!!!

Not a Covid check anywhere that I could see. 

They are supposed to be checking 25% aren't they?

Upper Barclay concourse rammed at halftime and very few masks.

• Like 1

I didn't understand why they asked us all to pre-register our vaccine status, only for the stewards to manually check our covid passes as we went in anyway?

What a complete waste of time. Load of absolute bollox.

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

I said it would be and was laughed at.

That pre-registration thing was pointless, absolute joke.

Got in no problem whatsoever, in fact the shortest quickest queues THIS SEASON.

The point is they should have been checking outside the ground and weren't which suggests the pre registration has gone very well and they didn't bother.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Got in no problem whatsoever, in fact the shortest quickest queues THIS SEASON.

The point is they should have been checking outside the ground and weren't which suggests the pre registration has gone very well and they didn't bother.

Covid Marshalls we’re instructed to stop asking everyone for their passes as the queues were getting so long. Absolute farce.

what was the point of the pre-registration? Made absolutely zero difference at all to anything. 

Just now, The Real Buh said:

Covid Marshalls we’re instructed to stop asking everyone for their passes as the queues were getting so long. Absolute farce.

what was the point of the pre-registration? Made absolutely zero difference at all to anything. 

The queues weren't that long so that's no excuse. Probably felt as unsafe in the ground this afternoon than I have done all season.

If they aren't going to check anyone then we're allowing people in the ground based on their pre booster vaccination status.  That is a total waste of time. 

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

The queues weren't that long so that's no excuse. Probably felt as unsafe in the ground this afternoon than I have done all season.

If they aren't going to check anyone then we're allowing people in the ground based on their pre booster vaccination status.  That is a total waste of time. 

So what WAS the point of the pre-registration?

29 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

When were they told to stop? I went in just before 2.30 lower Barclay , straight in no questions asked

No problems with the queues in the Wensum Area of The City Stand. However a female steward was asking everyone to show her their covid pass. I showed my season ticket and told her i had pre registered so what was the point of seeing my NHS App and she had no idea but told me to remember to have it ready next time.

It seems to me the queues were not a problem anywhere around the ground but the pre registration appears to have been an unecessary exercise.

I queued to get in, and a Doris walked down the line to say have you covid passes ready. I was trying to load mine, and she said not to worry, it should be loaded by the time I got to the front and the other marshals. I got there and said to the bloke it's still loading, expecting to be told to wait and stand aside. But no, his response was 'I dont think you would lie to me,  you're fine, in you go!` unbelievable!

Edited by Greavsy

We had to queue for a couple of minutes at around 1415 at the back of the River End. It was a bit of a muddle, there were multiple Covid Marshalls checking along queues from different directions and it then wasn't clear to the person by the entrance to the pre-turnstile gated off area whether people had already provided evidence or not.

Pre registration is pointless as you could get a positive covid test the day after you have preregistered. It took 10 seconds for my pass to be scanned and checked before the turnstile so they should 100% checks at barriers before the turnstile queue. I sat in the bar at 2.15 and a supporter with an exempt lanyard sat down next to me and started telling me he had applied to NHS for a letter showing his vaccination status which he hadn't received. So no pre registration, no passport check and to top it all no mask. The mask adherence was appalling in the concourse and no attempt to do anything about it.

• Like 1

Yes farcical bullsh*t  just like the whole so called pandemic!

I showed my NHS covid double jab certificate to the covid marshalls (who looked like they worked for Regency security) and I was let through the turnstile. - I could of took any other male persons certificate and they would have let me in!

A young relative of mine has been to some gigs at the UEA recently and they just take a token look at your phone or the NHS pass and let you through, nonsense!

The sooner we just get on with things rather than having to go through farcical procedures encouraged by the government the better!

- The only things the government should be doing is telling people to wash hands and regularly wash clothes and shower!

-And yes like many others I've heard all the stories of deaths in hospitals being attributed to covid when in fact they wern't in order to exaggerate figures!

I also know through friends about the "South African variant hotspot" of Diss and Roydon in South Norfolk last year where all residents were encouraged to mass test and the actual figures that came out of it. These were 7500 people in the Diss and Roydon area tested and under 60 persons tested positive for any form of the covid virus, which is less than 1%! - Pandemic my A ss!!  

Edited by kingsway
  • Thanks 2

I’m assuming there are two parts to this:

1. Your Covid vaccination record

2. A negative lateral flow test result

The vaccination record is the bit that’s linked to your season ticket and is long lasting. A negative LFT should be less than 48 hours old and is what was being checked before the turnstile.

Agree with others about the lack of mask wearing…🙄

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Myself and Mrs Frank walked straight in, neither of us were asked to show anything

Wot? Not even a season ticket…😎

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Myself and Mrs Frank walked straight in, neither of us were asked to show anything

Perhaps he didn't want to risk one of your one liners..... 

25 minutes ago, not a clue said:

I’m assuming there are two parts to this:

1. Your Covid vaccination record

2. A negative lateral flow test result

The vaccination record is the bit that’s linked to your season ticket and is long lasting. A negative LFT should be less than 48 hours old and is what was being checked before the turnstile.

Agree with others about the lack of mask wearing…🙄

That’s not correct at all

its vaccination OR lft, not both

Some people make me laugh…

”Ooohhhh I felt so unsafe” 

God forbid people not wearing a mask in the concourse… yet it’s fine for people to remove there mask in the very same concourse to consume food/drink, and you’re happy to sit shoulder to shoulder with exact same unmasked people to watch the game? 

God forbid someone’s vaccination status was not checked prior to entry.. yet you were all happy to attend a game 12 days ago with no mandatory checks in place?

Like it or not attending a full capacity football match will always be a “high risk” event no matter what precautions are put into place, and checking people have been “fully vaccinated” will not stop the spread of covid at such events. 

If you’re that scared then stay at home. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, STAN said:

Some people make me laugh…

”Ooohhhh I felt so unsafe” 

God forbid people not wearing a mask in the concourse… yet it’s fine for people to remove there mask in the very same concourse to consume food/drink, and you’re happy to sit shoulder to shoulder with exact same unmasked people to watch the game? 

God forbid someone’s vaccination status was not checked prior to entry.. yet you were all happy to attend a game 12 days ago with no mandatory checks in place?

Like it or not attending a full capacity football match will always be a “high risk” event no matter what precautions are put into place, and checking people have been “fully vaccinated” will not stop the spread of covid at such events. 

If you’re that scared then stay at home. 

Who’s scared - we were there. Is it too much to adhere to a request from the club?

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

The booster doesn't stop you getting having it then passing it on. All the vaccines does is potentially limit the time you have the virus and gives your body a helping hand fighting it. So yes the whole pass thing is a waste of time. Even if you upload a lft result to it that can be faked. 

14 minutes ago, not a clue said:

Okay,  go on educate me then…pal

It's easier just to agree and hope he might go away. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, not a clue said:

Who’s scared - we were there. Is it too much to adhere to a request from the club?

The people saying how “unsafe” it was?

It seriously shows how deluded people have become…

I put on a mask to walk through the turnstile and proceeded to take it straight off to consume my usual pre-match pie and pint. I then put my mask on to take the short walk to my seat, and proceeded to take it off whilst huddled in amongst thousands of people. 

Just imagine the sense of security we all could have had if everyone put a piece of cloth over there mouth to walk from the concourse to their seats. 

As I said in my first post… people make me laugh. 

• Like 1