Sign in to follow this  
KeiranShikari

So, team for Palace

I'm pretty sure that Dean Smith said that Kabak would not be able to play twice in 48 hours so will need to be ruled out of the side/squad tomorrow. That may be why Sorensen did not play yesterday. 

• Like 1

Gunn

Kabak  Gibson Williams

Aarons Sorenson Lees-Melou Giannoulis

Cantwell     Pukki     Placheta

3-5-2  ...re introduce Giannoulis. Different legs in midfield.

Placheta deserves another go as he was the only one who had any desire to run at the opposition

...as for Cantwell, last chance saloon.

Show you want to be here and do something, or ship out in January

Sargrnt is not as bad as made out. He was not fit yesterday. Should not have played. No Idah should be sent out on loan to a LI club. He is not a PL quality player. Kabak should be returned to sender. Likewise Gilmour. Flatters to deceive. Would not object to Aarons playing right middle, He is better at attacking than defending. Should start with Sorensen. Not going to suggest a starring 11.  As none of us know who is carrying a knock. But I will state how the f*ck was that not a penalty? Mclean being pulled down.

Edited by RobJames

11 minutes ago, Green Canary said:

The choices are not brilliant but I would like to see Williams, Sargent and Gilmour dropped. For Giannoulis, Tzolis and Sorensen. 

I think a lot of us would. But we know we're going to get a midfield of Gilmour and McLean, Sargent on the wing, and probably no Giannoulis.

15 hours ago, RobJames said:

Sargrnt is not as bad as made out. He was not fit yesterday. Should not have played. No Idah should be sent out on loan to a LI club. He is not a PL quality player. Kabak should be returned to sender. Likewise Gilmour. Flatters to deceive. Would not object to Aarons playing right middle, He is better at attacking than defending. Should start with Sorensen. Not going to suggest a starring 11.  As none of us know who is carrying a knock. But I will state how the f*ck was that not a penalty? Mclean being pulled down.

I don't know why you think Idah is much worse than Sargent, especially since he has got mainly ten-minute cameos while Sargent has had the opportunity of starting about twelve games so far. Admittedly, Idah can't fall over his own feet, step on the ball, nutmeg himself, or hit a shot against his other leg, but we're a football team, not a circus troupe.

Edited by canarybubbles

4-2-3-1, why they've moved away from this I'm totally unsure

Gunn

Aaron's

Kabak

Gibson

Gianoulis 

Sorenson 

Kenny

Cantwell 

Tzolis

Rupp(?)

Pukki

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mutley said:

I'm pretty sure that Dean Smith said that Kabak would not be able to play twice in 48 hours so will need to be ruled out of the side/squad tomorrow. That may be why Sorensen did not play yesterday. 

Sorensen was able to pocket Ronaldo so would be happy to see him slot in at centreback

Gianoulis snd Tzolis need to be tried in tandem on the left. It’s really bizarre we have not tried that at all this season. 

• Like 1

I may be wrong, but I'll be very, very surprised if it's not a midfield of Gilmour and McLean, Sargent on the wing, and Williams instead of Giannoulis. Tzolis will be given twenty minutes when we are 0-3 down and everyone will say he is rubbish. Ditto for Idah. Sorensen will be allowed to start, but only because we have no one else, and he'll be dumped again as soon as someone else is available despite doing quite well in the circumstances.

What's that famous quote from Einstein about doing the same thing again and again?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

I may be wrong, but I'll be very, very surprised if it's not a midfield of Gilmour and McLean, Sargent on the wing, and Williams instead of Giannoulis. Tzolis will be given twenty minutes when we are 0-3 down and everyone will say he is rubbish. Ditto for Idah. Sorensen will be allowed to start, but only because we have no one else, and he'll be dumped again as soon as someone else is available despite doing quite well in the circumstances.

What's that famous quote from Einstein about doing the same thing again and again?

Nailed on.

10 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Sounds like a cunning plan. We'll fool them by doing exactly the same thing as before. A masterful bluff for which I can't wait to see.🤨😉

• Haha 1

Just now, Herman said:

Sounds like a cunning plan. We'll fool them by doing exactly the same thing as before. A masterful bluff for which I can't wait to see.🤨😉

Including another glorious 0-5 defeat!

I suspect we will see an admirable display of solid defense and clever attacking play this afternoon, leading to a comfortable 3-0 win.

• Haha 1

Just now, Ian said:

I suspect we will see an admirable display of solid defense and clever attacking play this afternoon, leading to a comfortable 3-0 win.

Well, stranger things have happened...

5 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Including another glorious 0-5 defeat!

Losing hope in your team is a depressing thing. Hopefully there's something else I can do during this afternoon.

4 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Well, stranger things have happened...

Yes, I am sure Palace will want to put on a festive show for their fans. 😁

On 27/12/2021 at 08:59, Jim Smith said:

Placheta is playing better but he still has zero end product or decision making ability. 

That's because he's not got much to aim at. Put a big lad up top who likes attacking headers and you'll see a difference. Pukki prefers through balls, but that's not what Placheta likes to hit.

I'd say Hugill was bought as a Plan B, and Placheta was bought to provide the ammo. Prime example - FA Cup against Coventry last year.

I actually have a good feeling about today. They have players missing and i expect a reaction from our boys. That said only if Smith makes a few changes and gives us a DM and puts Dimi on the left. 

On 26/12/2021 at 19:32, Dean Coneys boots said:

1. It

2. doesn’t 

3. matter

4. who

5. we

6. pick

7. They

8. all

9. Lack

10. Premiership 

11. quality

Post of the day ….. lol

3 hours ago, Ian said:

You carefully omitted to say which team was actually  going to win 3-0. I think we all know the answer!  

Just now, yellowrider120 said:

You carefully omitted to say which team was actually  going to win 3-0. I think we all know the answer!  

🙂

• Haha 1