Sign in to follow this  
Ian

The Stamp

Can anyone explain why no action at all was taken to a clearly deliberate stamp?

1 minute ago, Ian said:

Can anyone explain why no action at all was taken to a clearly deliberate stamp?

I missed that, who, what, when, where?

Because it wasn’t seen. But Saka should retrospectively receive a ban IMO, was blatantly obvious and irrelevant that Williams wasn’t injured.

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Because it wasn’t seen. But Saka should retrospectively receive a ban IMO, was blatantly obvious and irrelevant that Williams wasn’t injured.

VAR.

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Xhaka on Sargent?

Saka on Williams I believe. Replays clearly picked it up so I find it difficult to believe VAR didn't.

1 minute ago, Ian said:

VAR.

Did they even check it? Didn’t see anything to suggest they did. As to why they didn’t who knows.

After the fact though it should be acknowledged and punished.

Did they even check it? Didn’t see anything to suggest they did. As to why they didn’t who knows.

After the fact though it should be acknowledged and punished.

No idea, but if not why not?

Why was Ronaldo's pen. reffered and given, but McLean's wasn't?

VAR is a joke.

Just now, Ian said:

No idea, but if not why not?

Why was Ronaldo's pen. reffered and given, but McLean's wasn't?

VAR is a joke.

I don’t disagree on why VAR didn’t see it, but McCleans situation was much softer than Ronaldo IMO, I still blame Max for that.

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

Even I'm a bit baffled why a penalty wasn't given for a tug on McLean.

Agreed, it was a clear tug on his shoulder and much more a goal scoring position than Ronaldo 

• Like 1

I don’t disagree on why VAR didn’t see it, but McCleans situation was much softer than Ronaldo IMO, I still blame Max for that.

I suggest you watch both incidents side by side.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Would have made all the difference.

What's your point? That we're so **** we might as well just let the opposition break our players' legs too?

In fact, why even bother refereeing our games as we are absolutely abysmal?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ian said:

In fact, why even bother refereeing our games as we are absolutely abysmal?

Are we not though…?

I think the point is more that yes the ref was **** today, and the Arsenal players were *** from start to finish, but honestly when the team in yellow plays so incompetently it’s really hard for me to care about a few rubbish refereeing decisions

Fortunately for the referees we’re playing so badly right now that even 3-4 key decisions all going wrongly against us wouldn’t affect the overall outcome of the game 😆

2 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Are we not though…?

I think the point is more that yes the ref was **** today, and the Arsenal players were *** from start to finish, but honestly when the team in yellow plays so incompetently it’s really hard for me to care about a few rubbish refereeing decisions

Fortunately for the referees we’re playing so badly right now that even 3-4 key decisions all going wrongly against us wouldn’t affect the overall outcome of the game 😆

I can't agree with that in the sligtest.

We didn't lay a glove on Arsenal today, but that has zero relevance as to whether these consistently biased and incompetent VAR decisions are in any way acceptable or justifiable.

5 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

The (non) penalty was an absolute disgrace of a decision after the one awarded to Ronaldo. 

No consistency whatsoever, the state of refereeing in this league is about the worst it's ever been

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

I can't agree with that in the sligtest.

We didn't lay a glove on Arsenal today, but that has zero relevance as to whether these consistently biased and incompetent VAR decisions are in any way acceptable or justifiable.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not trying to invalidate your OP at all. I haven’t seen the decision so can’t comment too much, if it was truly dangerous / injury threatening then I would agree it’s a valid question.

But generally when I watch my own team perform as pitifully as I did today I find it really hard to get worked up about any officiating (unless said officiating has impacted the result). Just too worn down by how poorly we’ve been playing of late.

9 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Don’t get me wrong I’m not trying to invalidate your OP at all. I haven’t seen the decision so can’t comment too much, if it was truly dangerous / injury threatening then I would agree it’s a valid question.

But generally when I watch my own team perform as pitifully as I did today I find it really hard to get worked up about any officiating (unless said officiating has impacted the result). Just too worn down by how poorly we’ve been playing of late.

We're abysmal at the moment, without question.

There's no way we're turning anything around if every major VAR decision is incorrectly going against us though. Would a draw against Man U have been a turning point?

1 minute ago, Ian said:

We're abysmal at the moment, without question.

There's no way we're turning anything around if every major VAR decision is incorrectly going against us though. Would a draw against Man U have been a turning point?

I didn’t think that decision was wrong to be honest, it looked like Aaron’s tugged him over pretty clearly - but hypothetically yes if I thought it was a bad decision then of course I’d be fuming to have it go against us and clearly change the game.

And sadly yes it could’ve been a turning point, just like Wolves and Newcastle could’ve been too had we got the result we should’ve got. It feels like it’s all too far gone now though, whatever bounce there was from Smith we now appear to have thudded back to ground…

24 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

It was barely worth calling it a stamp, it was a bit of petulance from Saka, possibly could have been a yellow.

1 minute ago, Mr Angry said:

It was barely worth calling it a stamp, it was a bit of petulance from Saka, possibly could have been a yellow.

It was a deliberate stamp. I've seen far softer "headbutts" given as red cards.

1 hour ago, KeiranShikari said:

Because Saka is a good boy.

Because he lost England the euros. Let's all applaud him at the start of the season. Joking, you can't blame saka for the euros he was decent, but is golden boy now