Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Gunn- 90 minutes 0 saves

2 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

He's f**King sh*te, that's why. 

What a waste of 5 million quid. 

Now I'm not saying he's only got to become a keeper based on his fathers surname and the fact he's the only top flight keeper to have lost 9-0 twice in a season should have been a warning.. BUT

Not seen any replays yet but none of the goals stood out for me as ones he should have been saving. Let down by woeful defending today. The first one Williams just stood off Saka and invited him to pick his spot.

Not to blame for any of the goals.  All goals were form players given the freedom by the so called defence to pick their spot. Don't understand the anti-Gunn stuff at all. What's the matter with you all?

First goal wasn't right in the corner, but Saka picked his spot very well. Williams made himself quite big but wasn't close enough to pressure effectively. That's the sort of thing that leaves a goalie unsighted if the defender doesn't get the block on it, so Saka did the right thing and put it under Williams. That was the only goal where I think anyone who is ultra-critical of goalies might have had a semblance of a case.

27 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

He lets in everything he should..he saves everything he should. The problem however is that , unlike Krul, he never saves anything he shouldnt

I think this sums it up best. He's an average keeper Gunn, not great, not terrible. I know Stoke fans weren't over the moon with him. He's your standard lower-half Championship player, much like the majority of our squad. He's fine as a back-up but not for £5m. 

I was a near lone voice in the summer saying I wasn’t sure we should have bought him. Just saying. I’m not sure if he was to blame for the goals today, but his general demeanour didn’t instil confidence.

Edited by Branston Pickle

I don’t think any of the goals were his fault tbh. He also looked ok with his feet. 

lay off him.