Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Let’s get back to championship

57 minutes ago, Yellowhammer said:

Way out of league here never will be able to compete complete waste of time getting promoted if can’t compete 

And what if we get promoted? What’s the point? Seems mid table mediocrity is now the ambition to ignore our failures at the top? Sure Delia will be happy tho!

I don’t think we need to worry much about getting back to the championship, we are well on our way.

• Haha 1

What’s the point in being excited to get back to the championship? Success in the championship results in another season of being a national embarrassment in this league. Mediocrity or failure in the championship is crap as well. Football is basically ****ed 

Having gone up twice and been so far off the pace does leave us with a real problem as fans. Unless ownership changes we have nothing much to aim for now…promotion leads to miserable season of pain. Not getting it will lead to club sinking into lower divisions as self funding model collapses minus parachute payments. We have found our ceiling and there is no joy in it. What they hell do we aim for? What is the point? Never felt this way as a fan but it’s so clear it’s painful 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Yellowhammer said:

Way out of league here never will be able to compete complete waste of time getting promoted if can’t compete 

We spent a lot of money in the summer and there was a lot of optimism from Norwich fans , but sadly it wasn't spent very well , we need players to step up , dimi and Sorenson have to be starting games !!!!😙

2 hours ago, Virtual reality said:

What’s the point in being excited to get back to the championship? Success in the championship results in another season of being a national embarrassment in this league. Mediocrity or failure in the championship is crap as well. Football is basically ****ed 

Don't think we'll need to be worried about success in the Championship next season to be fair. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Having gone up twice and been so far off the pace does leave us with a real problem as fans. Unless ownership changes we have nothing much to aim for now…promotion leads to miserable season of pain. Not getting it will lead to club sinking into lower divisions as self funding model collapses minus parachute payments. We have found our ceiling and there is no joy in it. What they hell do we aim for? What is the point? Never felt this way as a fan but it’s so clear it’s painful 

Yes we are at present in a never never land as a club as you explained above but I fear that with the current squad we could be set for mid table mediocrity Championship for a while?  

2 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

I hate this is the way we are now forced/have been conditioned to think. It renders our club pointless. 

Agreed. 

It's not all to do with money we were trounced by Villa at home, failed to lay a glove on 10 man Newcastle and countless other inept performances against average teams. We are just **** and so many are happy for to happen.

Season ticket renewals out soon and I'm going to think long and hard if I renew and I know my football buddies are saying the same.

The prospect of another season in the naff Championship fills me with dread tbh. What a dreadful league that is.

No wonder other football people see us as a laughing stock with quotes like let’s get back to the championship ffs!

Little old Norwich with the ever accepting fans!

Pathetic 😡

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

No wonder other football people see us as a laughing stock with quotes like let’s get back to the championship ffs!

Little old Norwich with the ever accepting fans!

Pathetic 😡

I think it's the performances on the pitch and the subsequent results that are making us a laughing stock.

I'd imagine most pundits and fans of other clubs would agree with the OPs sentiments.

Edited by Paint Me Yellow

What makes football exciting is competitiveness 

we haven’t done ourselves any favours, true, but without competitiveness you don’t effectively have a game. 

The bigger clubs have accelerated away from the others in this league to the point where our existence on it is academic. There’s a whole load of teams just kind of cut adrift in this “go down and up every year maybe scrape 17th” purgatory. 

We need a new league, we need these big clubs with their filthy minds et out of it and we need to reclaim football, and preserve it for generations.

>fan ownership

>wage caps

>No VAR

>higher referee standards and transparency in refereeeing

Football 2

12 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

We spent a lot of money in the summer and there was a lot of optimism from Norwich fans , but sadly it wasn't spent very well , we need players to step up , dimi and Sorenson have to be starting games !!!!😙

A lot for us but peanuts to most other clubs at this level. 

One of the hardest emotions for any marketing /brand to deal with is apathy . 

Norwich fans in their thousands are apathetic right now. Most of us there yesterday went out of habit . In truth we all knew we would lose , we turned up , and we lost . We didn’t compete in any area of the pitch . We were utterly hopeless , with a group of players nowhere near the standard . 

We hear a bit from the noisy folks (on platforms like this) But the real concern are the silent thousands. Those people who will see promotion as pointless , a club failing to do what everyone knows they have to do (find money to compete) , and go and find something else to do. 

Carrow Road was silent yesterday. On 80 mins the concourses were full of people leaving . 

People quietly voting with their feet. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Michael Starr said:

I'm hating football right now. It's just pointless. Money has ruined the game.

Money has ruined, but If we actually had any, it may help us enjoy it a bit more 

16 hours ago, Yellowhammer said:

So what is the point in Norwich? Just keep getting relegated, sell our best players, live on parachute payments, reinvest a bit of the money, go back up (somehow) and the cycle repeats. 

These owners have to go, I’m bored of this constant feeble attempt to compete in the premier league. We had to sell our best player just to make transfers this Summer!

I’m bored of the “sins of the past” excuses to. I want a modern day football owner. Getting beat every week (to nil) is an absolute embarrassment and we deserve better. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

How convinced are you by the argument that ...

We're at the trickiest part of the model (higher expectations but a capable squad still only 'emerging'). We need to keep faith in the approach and eventually we'll stick, consolidate and build in the top flight.

Next season we could win the title again (Tzolis, Rashica & Sargent might really find their feet in such a campaign) and we return with a more experienced Placheta, Sorensen & Omobamiedele AND can spend £60M on a new layer of players to add to the mix.

To be fair injuries have robbed us of Normann and Rashica which distorts things at the moment. With them we would have beaten Newcastle and possibly United and be thinking that we had a REAL chance of survival under Smith. Perhaps we still have a good chance if players return, others improve fitness/recovery and we add a new face or two in January. If that happens (which isn't impossible) and we survive then we keep Normann and Kabak and can throw another significant chunk of TV money on a few exciting stars that Smith wants to work with.

This would be the Webber argument ...

Edited by Cantiaci Canary

6 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

So what is the point in Norwich? Just keep getting relegated, sell our best players, live on parachute payments, reinvest a bit of the money, go back up (somehow) and the cycle repeats. 

These owners have to go, I’m bored of this constant feeble attempt to compete in the premier league. We had to sell our best player just to make transfers this Summer!

I’m bored of the “sins of the past” excuses to. I want a modern day football owner. Getting beat every week (to nil) is an absolute embarrassment and we deserve better. 

There are loads of other teams in our bracket, whether they want to admit it or not. Either premier league/championship hoppers or those that barely exist in the premier league, waiting for their run of bad form before they are relegated.

What we desperately need is a new league.

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

There are loads of other teams in our bracket, whether they want to admit it or not. Either premier league/championship hoppers or those that barely exist in the premier league, waiting for their run of bad form before they are relegated.

What we desperately need is a new league.

We never wait for a run of bad form, we always hit the ground running on that front. 

I just want to compete, yesterday was just waving the white flag from minute one.

There does need to be changes in football, there won’t be. We need to start learning from the teams that are staying on the league, not be happy with this “top 26” rubbish we are being fed

6 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

We never wait for a run of bad form, we always hit the ground running on that front. 

I just want to compete, yesterday was just waving the white flag from minute one.

There does need to be changes in football, there won’t be. We need to start learning from the teams that are staying on the league, not be happy with this “top 26” rubbish we are being fed

The game is rigged against us and teams like us. Look how mad they are that we are even in their league. We are a massive inconvenience.

• Like 1