Sign in to follow this  
hurricane

Rebuild in the summer

49 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah, I was told I was completely wrong and deluded last time round so forgive me if I don't fall round to your way of thinking.

Nothing to suggest Tzolis would leave whatsoever.

Tzolis looked decent when he came on. Got to be time for him to have a run in the team

48 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Tzolis looked decent when he came on. Got to be time for him to have a run in the team

I've not seen much of Tzolis to be impressed by but we do know that Sargent isn't going to score goals at this level, or even create them apparently - so we have to try something different.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

This is hyperbole. Rashica is good at this level, I'd happily put money on him being class at championship level. Tzolis excelled at a similar level to championship and I would expect him to be good to.

I'm not sure who you think is going to leave beyond maybe Aarons, possibly Gianoullis, and the players we have on loan.

Well once relegation is confirmed (and in all likelihood even as we speak), the agents for Rashica and Tzolis will be working overtime trying to get their clients out of the situation they now find themselves in. A lower half PL side or newly promoted side would probably land Rashica whilst Tzolis would probably head back to Europe.  The notion that we would retain both is fanciful.  Also, the idea that the increasingly aged Pukki would AGAIN bag best part of 30 league goals is optimism gone bonkers. I agree with posters who say that the rebuild in summer 2022 is way more than that required in 2020. This time Webber will not be pulling rabbits out of any hats. That's if he and his wife / partner are even still employed here by August 2022. He does (after all) have these 'much bigger clubs than Norwich' who want to recruit him doesn't he?  

• Like 1

I know I’m going to get a lot of criticism and a good laugh by plenty for this, but here are my views on our squad next season

Although I was expecting Webber to make sure we have no serious need to sell, but I’m not sure so with the amount we spent in the summer. We won’t know what the situation is until the end of the season though. As a result of this only clear first team departures I can see other than our loan signings are Aarons and Cantwell

GK - I think it will be the same setup as this season 

FB - Mumba can fill Aarons’ boots in the Championship, and I think with a season as first choice for us at that level could turn as good as him. Some think that Giannoulis will go, but I’m not so sure. If he does McCallum would have had two full seasons of Championship loan though

CB - Hanley and Gibson can cut it in the Championship. Omobamidele only made a few appearances last season and has already impressed and scored his first goal for the club at this level, making me think he may be worth quite a bit in a couple of years 

MF - McLean, Sorensen and Rupp are ok in the Championship, with Sorensen also able to play in defence. I also think Lees-Melou will be quite a handful at that level

WG/AT - Sargent, Tzolis, and Idah simply just aren’t ready for this level yet. Sargent and Tzolis did great against the Bournemouth reserves, and so I think will turn out a lot better after a season in the Championship. Rashica has actually done quite well so far this season, and so I think in the Championship would turn out similar to what Buendia was like last season. Dowell did well last season. Placheta got hardly any game time and looked awful last season, but actually looked one of our best players in his first two PL appearances so I’m quite interested to see how he does in Championship next season. Everyone seems to think Tzolis and Rashica will go. I’m not convinced considering they’ve only just arrived, Tzolis is still only 19 and both came with sell on clauses

Pukki is only in his early 30s and so I think will still be able to cut in the Championship next season. If he does though it will definitely be his last. As a result of this I want Idah sent out for a Championship loan next month and preferably also one of either Rowe or Dickson-Peters who are looking promising in the U23s, ready for the near future. Hugill didn’t get much game time being third choice last season, but is experienced and did quite well in a spell with Pukki and Idah out. Not good enough for this level though

If we don’t get straight back up though, we will definitely become the same club we were after our 2016 relegation

6 hours ago, hurricane said:

Will need to be a big transition of players in and out in the summer looking at this squad at the moment. Needs to be as this lot look miles away from even being a championship top 6 at the moment. 

Stating the obvious!!!

This seasons virtually dead apart from pride in trying to avoid breaking unwanted records so I'd suggest that a reshuffling the squad next month during the transfer window could be beneficial! 

Can't see Rashica going from Bundesliga to Premier League to grubbing around in the Championship. His agent will be touting him around once our relegation is confirmed.

Omobamideli looks assured at Premier League level and I fear he may be  shock departure.

We'll have to sell to cover the wage bill that's for sure.

• Like 1