Sign in to follow this  
hurricane

Rebuild in the summer

Will need to be a big transition of players in and out in the summer looking at this squad at the moment. Needs to be as this lot look miles away from even being a championship top 6 at the moment. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WD40 said:

I’m a bit concerned it’s Webber in charge of the rebuild…

Yeah he's only delivered two titles at the level we are going to be at out of 3 seasons, with the first season a mass rebuilding one. Who on earth do we get who's better?!

6 minutes ago, hurricane said:

Will need to be a big transition of players in and out in the summer looking at this squad at the moment. Needs to be as this lot look miles away from even being a championship top 6 at the moment. 

Nah. Everyone said this last time we came down and it only took a few changeovers of players for us to stroll to the title.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Yeah he's only delivered two titles at the level we are going to be at out of 3 seasons, with the first season a mass rebuilding one. Who on earth do we get who's better?!

The team that got relegated were largely the same that went up the time before, with one key addition - Skipp. Crucially we retained Emi. Now when we go down who do you see staying? We’re talking MASSIVE rebuild. And the last good player Webber signed permanently was 4 years ago

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WD40 said:

The team that got relegated were largely the same that went up the time before, with one key addition - Skipp. Crucially we retained Emi. Now when we go down who do you see staying? We’re talking MASSIVE rebuild. And the last good player Webber signed permanently was 4 years ago

This is hyperbole. Rashica is good at this level, I'd happily put money on him being class at championship level. Tzolis excelled at a similar level to championship and I would expect him to be good to.

I'm not sure who you think is going to leave beyond maybe Aarons, possibly Gianoullis, and the players we have on loan.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hogesar said:

This is hyperbole. Rashica is good at this level, I'd happily put money on him being class at championship level. Tzolis excelled at a similar level to championship and I would expect him to be good to.

I'm not sure who you think is going to leave beyond maybe Aarons, possibly Gianoullis, and the players we have on loan.

I disagree entirely. Tzolis will go too, Kabak Williams Gilmour and Normann loans end (Normann should go back now). Aarons and Giannoulis will go. Omobamadele could be sold to fund a war chest seeing as Webber’s spunked the money up the wall. Maybe Rasicha will stay but I’d say its 50/50.

Then we’re looking at the same team that couldn’t win without Emi in the championship, and Pukki another year older. 

Edit: sorry I forgot that Sargent will stay! Another brilliant signing. 

Edited by WD40

Rebuild with what money?

Only got Aarons left to sell, and there's a black hole to fill after a relegation before you look at spending any on players.

Make no mistake, we are heading rapidly towards a financial crisis which far exceeds the one we saw under McNally.

We signed 11 players in the summer. This was the rebuild.

The problem is that not everything that is built looks good. 

• Like 1

All those who think Webber will get us up next season, based on what? This squad is worse than 2 years ago, our worst ever top flight season!

None of these mercenaries will be any good next season

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WD40 said:

I disagree entirely. Tzolis will go too, Kabak Williams Gilmour and Normann loans end (Normann should go back now). Aarons and Giannoulis will go. Omobamadele could be sold to fund a war chest seeing as Webber’s spunked the money up the wall. Maybe Rasicha will stay but I’d say its 50/50.

Then we’re looking at the same team that couldn’t win without Emi in the championship, and Pukki another year older. 

Edit: sorry I forgot that Sargent will stay! Another brilliant signing. 

Yeah, I was told I was completely wrong and deluded last time round so forgive me if I don't fall round to your way of thinking.

Nothing to suggest Tzolis would leave whatsoever.

23 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Webbers job is to improve this squad. He is not. His record in this division is rubbish. To look at next season ignoring this season is stupid.

Just now, hogesar said:

Yeah, I was told I was completely wrong and deluded last time round so forgive me if I don't fall round to your way of thinking.

We are back in the same position. We have not improved, in fact we are worse. So you are completely wrong.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Rebuild with what money?

Only got Aarons left to sell, and there's a black hole to fill after a relegation before you look at spending any on players.

Make no mistake, we are heading rapidly towards a financial crisis which far exceeds the one we saw under McNally.

We signed 11 players in the summer. This was the rebuild.

The problem is that not everything that is built looks good. 

I could see Omobamadele being sold as he looks a real prospect. Which is a shame to sell but we’ll need money to buy players to challenge for top 6 champo. 

The bigger concern I'd have is that we don't have Farke to whisper the youngsters along in the Championship. At the same time, with the likes of Omobamidele, Sörensen, Mamba, McCallum, Rashica, Tzolis in, and with a year's acclimatisation for the likes of Lees-Melou and Sargent (who I think would be a real handful in the Champs in a similar manner to Dike at Barnsley last season), there are still promising youngsters around a core of the likes of Krul, Pukki, McLean, Hanley, Rupp, and Gibson at this level.

I have zero enthusiasm for any kind of rebuild. This was supposed to be us rebuilt. If we go down then I have zero enthusiasm or interest in seeing us in the prem again under this ownership. It’s pointless. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

All those who think Webber will get us up next season, based on what? This squad is worse than 2 years ago, our worst ever top flight season!

None of these mercenaries will be any good next season

Absolutely... an absolute horror show of a season that sits with the owners and the people they employ. Please leave and let someone else try to give some pride back to this embarrassment of a club. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I disagree with what I said being hyperbole. Tzolis believes he is one of the top prospects in Europe and will have advisers telling him he’s that too. He’s barely played. I’ll say it’s my assumption he’ll go but if we can sell him to raise money to reinvest - we will. 

Just now, Jim Smith said:

I have zero enthusiasm for any kind of rebuild. This was supposed to be us rebuilt. If we go down then I have zero enthusiasm or interest in seeing us in the prem again under this ownership. It’s pointless. 

I find myself in total agreement. It’s starting to become glaringly obvious to more of our fanbase now, we can do everything perfectly as a self-funded club and still not compete at this level, and if we slip up somewhere then we’re literally one bad season away from mediocrity again. The time for Delia to sell out was when we were on the up and up, get some fresh blood and money into the club, instead we’re going down with a whimper again and with a team that looks less equipped for the Championship than last time.

I do think we probably do need to face the prospect of struggling to make a top 6 position next season. My impression of Champs is it is v tough, and not sure one can keep bouncing back. I follow wba closely and we would do well to be where they are now next season. 

• Like 1

This ownership has to change or we will just keep being an embarrassment at this level again, that is if we ever get back up again.

Theyve taken us as far as they can. Time to go NOW!

I don’t think Webber will stick around if we go down again, probably why Neil Adams has been supporting his duties over the past few months. Be interesting to see what happens as a general refresh will be needed. 

How can we rebuild? No worthwhile players to sell. Therefore no funds available. Even if there was don’t let Webber near the money, if this last window is an indication. All the players bought in the last window have gone down in value, who on earth would want any of them.

Furthermore what is the point of ever going up again?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Hard to disagree right now. Looks like we need to reset on the reset?? But that’s going to leave us so far behind from where we were coming into the season.