Sign in to follow this  
Herman

*****The Official Lapps Match Thread*****

Anyone defending Webber must be deluded, he was quick to blame the mess he inherited but the mess he has now created is equal to that accept we have a much better training ground

2 minutes ago, Dame to Blame said:

Well name them, and lets see there budgets and playing squads im intrigued by your observation

We were the 11th highest spenders in Europe so don't go on about budgets. I daren't mention Brentford or get shot at for treason.

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Well actually, under Smith we've created more chances per game than under Farke, and that's taking into account the awful injury / covid situation of the last couple of games.

Agreed, pity the players Webber bought couldn't score in a brothel. Time for a fresh approach. I'd not let Webber near any player recruitment in January as he is hopeless in this division.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Kenny Foggo said:

Agreed, pity the players Webber bought couldn't score in a brothel. Time for a fresh approach. I'd not let Webber near any player recruitment in January as he is hopeless in this division.

Spot on , sack him in the morning

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Canary fans - you know what to do

Simpsons with pitchforks | Meme Generator

Hahaha! The most you’ll get is a few boos. Too passive as fans to raise a rabble bar the odd scathing Twitter comment. 

17 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I'm afraid all those thoughts we had about DF are proving to be groundless. We look worse. No shape, no tactic and no decent players on the pitch.

11 goals against and none scored in the last four games and three of them at Carrow Road.

Farke got 11 games.

How long before we sack Smith?

• Like 1

Look we all took a risk going to the ground today, and many didn't. But that's my choice, but to be served up that fcuking **** by a strong NCFC line-up is just unacceptable.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Helsinki canary said:

Webber needs to go first, We will stick with Smith in the Championship 

Won't be at all disappointed if he leaves tbh. No way can Farke alone carry the can for this fcuking shambles.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, KernowCanary said:

A total disaster today, say no more. Totally dismantled in all areas on the pitch and Arsenal made an easy job of it.

That's the thing though, we werent. Arsenal werent anything special today. I accept being outclassed by a big club but Arsenal didnt even need to break a sweat today. Like a training exercise for them against their U23s

Edited by The Great Mass Debater
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Won't be at all disappointed if he leaves tbh. No way can Farke alone carry the can for this fcuking shambles.

Same. I genuinely believe Adams and Russ Martin to build something for a few seasons in the Champ. Get a personality back and focus on developing our youth into the first team. We seemed to have forgotten that was our ‘Norwich Way’ 4 seasons ago. 

Woeful performance.

How much longer can we persist with Aarons, he is dreadful week in week out this level, positional sense is appalling and he doesnt have any attributes to beat a player 1v1 in the prem, also he never crosses the ball!! Williams at rb considering he's a right footer, gianoullis in at left back.

Sell him in Jan, anything over 10mil and I'll drive him there.

• Like 1

According to guardian it was a nostalgia fest but “ I believe in Miracles” was an enjoyable watch. Different era but no substitute for spotting talent (Peter Taylor). Couldn’t  help wondering if these nuggets might not still be there in the lower leagues rather than playing over price in Europe or elsewhere. So called journeymen became winners, teamwork, guts and simplicity. 

1 hour ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Farke got 11 games.

How long before we sack Smith?

Don't think I care anymore, pointless doing anything with Delia and Webber still here. 

1 hour ago, Danke bitte said:

Same. I genuinely believe Adams and Russ Martin to build something for a few seasons in the Champ. Get a personality back and focus on developing our youth into the first team. We seemed to have forgotten that was our ‘Norwich Way’ 4 seasons ago. 

There is nothing to remotely suggest Neil Adams has anything about him to qualify him for that role. He looks like he’s not quite sure where he is or what he’s doing most of the time. 

7 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

There is nothing to remotely suggest Neil Adams has anything about him to qualify him for that role. He looks like he’s not quite sure where he is or what he’s doing most of the time. 

He was involved in signing some quality players when we went down in ‘14. What other choices are there?! Webber has proven he can’t recruit players for a Premier League tilt. And I think a change at the top is required just to freshen things up to be competitive in the Championship. Because that’s realistically where we’ll find ourselves. 

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

We were the 11th highest spenders in Europe so don't go on about budgets. I daren't mention Brentford or get shot at for treason.

We sold Bundia for 33 Million so in reality we were no where near 11th in europe, and what happened too the several managers ? you  only mentioned one, who are still boyd by there first season in the prem. With out webber we were heading down the pan, i for one am grateful for what he has done, and without him we would probably still be a mid table champs team or worse. Lets see how well we do when he does leave i bet we will be no better off and will more than likely drift back to mid to lower table championship football. 

16 minutes ago, Dame to Blame said:

We sold Bundia for 33 Million so in reality we were no where near 11th in europe, and what happened too the several managers ? you  only mentioned one, who are still boyd by there first season in the prem. With out webber we were heading down the pan, i for one am grateful for what he has done, and without him we would probably still be a mid table champs team or worse. Lets see how well we do when he does leave i bet we will be no better off and will more than likely drift back to mid to lower table championship football. 

Not much of that makes sense. Whatever way you look at it, we were the 11th highest spenders.

I am glad you are happy with all the signings he made. I'm glad you think Sargent was worth buying. Me, I think most are inept and not good enough.

As dreadful as this is I'm not going to lay any blame on Smith, we have a squad of small, slow, weak and meek little guys in a league of big, fast ,powerful athletes. Farke deserved some blame because the players were recruited to play his imitation of the style of football that Pep Guardiola deployed in the 2008 La Liga season, so eventhough it wasn't his fault that the players were so poor, he was partly responsible for the strategy. Smith had nothing to do with that disastrously naive and delusional strategy so he escapes blame for me.

I'm not the manager and even when I pick fantasy line ups for games I can't pick a team because I can't justify any of our central mid options bar Normann starting and there is no combo of our players that works on any kind of effective system. We have Krul, Aaron's, Normann, Rashica and Pukki, the rest is utter dross or not physically built for this league so what Is Smith supposed to do? You look at his Villa team, full of pace and power so you can bet he's as exasperated as we all are

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

At least he has a background in football, I'd have him over cretinous Webber any day of the week and twice on Sunday. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dame to Blame said:

We sold Bundia for 33 Million so in reality we were no where near 11th in europe

Never get this argument, if I decide to buy a new TV on payday I still am paying for the TV despite my bank balance being higher than 24 hours earlier. 

The net spend argument is such a nonsense. Webber spent £75 million making this side worse. 

37 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Not much of that makes sense. Whatever way you look at it, we were the 11th highest spenders.

I am glad you are happy with all the signings he made. I'm glad you think Sargent was worth buying. Me, I think most are inept and not good enough.

I never said i was happy with all the signings, but i didnt see too many moaning about it at the start of the season,  in fact there were a lot on here who were saying it was our best window ever. We can all be clever **** halfway through a season and go on about why did we buy him why did we loan him . But for some to say a great window to saying what a load of crap is laughable . Webber and his recruitmant team wouldnt know for sure how these signings would pan out. The only signing from the summer that was debated and questioned was the Sargent signing the rest had most fans more than happy to have signed. 

9 hours ago, Dame to Blame said:

I never said i was happy with all the signings, but i didnt see too many moaning about it at the start of the season,  in fact there were a lot on here who were saying it was our best window ever. We can all be clever **** halfway through a season and go on about why did we buy him why did we loan him . But for some to say a great window to saying what a load of crap is laughable . Webber and his recruitmant team wouldnt know for sure how these signings would pan out. The only signing from the summer that was debated and questioned was the Sargent signing the rest had most fans more than happy to have signed. 

I agree with you that recruitment can never be a science and it's easy to be wise with hindsight.

But, as you say, the Sargent signing was questioned, and I'd add the Gunn signing to that. Now if we less-than-genius fans on here could see that this was almost 15m wasted - 15m which could have been spent on a CDM - why couldn't uber-genius Webber?