cambridgeshire canary

Your Arsenal predictions

19 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

How many goals will we lose by? Whos going to score? How many of our players will be taken off injured?

How many threads will @cambridgeshire canarystart?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

How many threads will @cambridgeshire canarystart?

At this rate you are beating me with the number of times you reference me in regards to threads. Its really quite strange. More posts from you about me than threads I have made! You just can't seem to keep my name out of your mouth 😉

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

At this rate you are beating me with the number of times you reference me in regards to threads. Its really quite strange. More posts from you about me than threads I have made! You just can't seem to keep my name out of your mouth 😉

That's not actually factually correct, but when has that stopped you before...... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

How many goals will we lose by? Whos going to score? How many of our players will be taken off injured?

do you even support the club?

maybe if the answer is yes, then ask yourself why?

18 minutes ago, If wed kept Howie.. said:

do you even support the club?

maybe if the answer is yes, then ask yourself why?

Just clickbait to create a negative vibe.

Depends who's fit to play, and indeed how fit they are. Arsenal have looked good in parts but can be got at, and I think Placheta could give them trouble with pure speed. Don't think we can play as bad as we did against Villa, and even then we were in the game for longer periods. Then again, Arsenal are a different beast to Villa.

Think it'll be one of those 0-2 defeats where we get picked off on the counter for a decisive second goal later on.

We’ve been marched out as obligatory whipping boys so Arsenals international “fanbase”(worldwide plastics the likes of which have never been seen before and would make sea turtles everywhere nervous) and, yeah, we’ll probably get soaked and lose 1-0 to a VAR decision that the ref does the customary shrug to. All the while knowing the investigative journalism on what he and his peers have been up to for years is closing in.

Ive always been the “if we get beat make them earn it” mentality. Can we have some dirty tackles going in today? Some gamesmanship? Some bad feeling? A little sweary poos? I want those Arsenal fans outraged, I want them clutching their club shop purses to their chests. I’m ready to cheer a red card I really am.

18 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Depends who's fit to play, and indeed how fit they are. Arsenal have looked good in parts but can be got at, and I think Placheta could give them trouble with pure speed. Don't think we can play as bad as we did against Villa, and even then we were in the game for longer periods. Then again, Arsenal are a different beast to Villa.

Think it'll be one of those 0-2 defeats where we get picked off on the counter for a decisive second goal later on.

We were never in that game, not even when it was 0-0!    Had we somehow scored, they’d have just moved up a gear and won that game.    

Unless we get Normann and Rashica back it’s over, don’t even think the rest of the squad believes anymore!   

You could be right on the score, sadly I think too many of us right now would take that!

Edited by ged in the onion bag

10 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

We were never in that game, not even when it was 0-0!    Had we somehow scored, they’d have just moved up a gear and won that game.    

Unless we get Normann and Rashica back it’s over, don’t even think the rest of the squad believes anymore!   

You could be right on the score, sadly I think too many of us right now would take that!

We define "in the game" differently - it only takes one moment when you're a goal down and their second goal came late, and momentum can change radically. I do agree that Villa could have moved up a gear, but the beauty of sport is sometimes that no matter how much we think we see a pattern reoccurring, sport manages to surprise us often enough not to take it for granted.

2-1 Norwich city. 

McLean screamer and tap in from Sargent. Ramsdale has a howler of a game (unusual for him ) to much bevvy yesterday. 

9 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

We define "in the game" differently - it only takes one moment when you're a goal down and their second goal came late, and momentum can change radically. I do agree that Villa could have moved up a gear, but the beauty of sport is sometimes that no matter how much we think we see a pattern reoccurring, sport manages to surprise us often enough not to take it for granted.

Fortunately, I do agree with that statement generally, but on that particular occasion, having been at the match, it really was one that we were so bad and they were so at ease….. they would have gone up the other end and won it…..    it was worse than the 1-5!

Merry Christmas by the way!     

I expect us to win every game right up to when we concede. So at the moment, we will win.

But how can we be allowed to be three games ahead of Burnley and Newcastle four ahead of them?

Just fcuking greed from the EPL and Sky and BT wanting to show matches.