Sign in to follow this  
Worthy Nigelton

Is Anyone Looking Forward To Today?

I love Boxing Day football, but with the chance of catching Covid, a miserable wet day, being bottom of the league and likely to get absolutely hammered, is anyone actually looking forward to today?

I have to admit, I'm going out of habit rather than enjoyment! I cant be the only one...

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Reminds me of when I played cricket . Occasionally I would hope for rain. 

Yep. Reminds me of Sunday football on a freezing cold January, against a team of thugs, with a hangover... I'd be praying for a frozen pitch.

• Like 1

Yes, Hope we can give the youth some game time. Glad to see Gunn start a game.

Chrismas tradition.

Is it safa and smart to play the game.  NO

(for me its safe to see it on tv😂😂)

Edited by Olano

no, mainly because it’s raining  and I sit on the front row so get soaked ,and my son who I would normally go with has covid 🙁

No, they should all have been called off, ridiculous really

Decided not to go this morning. That little ol Norwich has to play their game still with obviously a hugely weakened team etc whilst everyone else gets theirs called off makes the entire league a farce.

On top of that, it seems the chances of catching this variant of Covid is exceptionally high in this sort of setting.

Remember when we played Man City at home in the middle of an injury crisis? I was hoping we wouldn’t be humiliated and when ended up putting in the performance of the season!

Feels like that today - nervously anxious about what sort of team we can put out against an in form Arsenal. I believe we will raise our game today and it will be brilliant to witness 😀👍

Hell, yes, I'm looking forward to it. With football, you just never know. OK, so we should get beaten and maybe we will. But on the other hand today may be the day when the planets align, we do something amazing, and we are still talking about it in 10 years time. 

• Like 2

' Er Indoors told me a few days back that the hospitality/catering were desperate for staff to work today irrespective of Covid and now this morning LFT is causing further issues. It surely must be the same with stewarding the game so health and safety must now be playing a very big part not withsatanding the players and coaching staff.

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

not withsatanding the players and coaching staff.

Don't bring Satan into it!

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

' Er Indoors told me a few days back that the hospitality/catering were desperate for staff to work today irrespective of Covid and now this morning LFT is causing further issues. It surely must be the same with stewarding the game so health and safety must now be playing a very big part not withsatanding the players and coaching staff.

Yep, still wondering if they might throw a postponement out last second.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Decided not to go this morning. That little ol Norwich has to play their game still with obviously a hugely weakened team etc whilst everyone else gets theirs called off makes the entire league a farce.

On top of that, it seems the chances of catching this variant of Covid is exceptionally high in this sort of setting.

I wouldn't go if it was just me, but my son has been given my old man's ticket and only gets 3 or 4 chances a season to attend. If it wasn't for that I'd stay at home. Not because of the Covid side, but I'm in a what seems to be a minority who doesn't like Boxing Day football. I prefer it as an extension of Christmas Day, lazing about with family, playing with new stuff and eating twice your recommended intake of calories. Going to Carra Rud on Boxing Day is a bit of a chore.

Still going but have a dreadful feeling I’m going to wish I’d stayed at home, maybe I’ll have left by the time the 6th goal goes in

2 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Yep. Reminds me of Sunday football on a freezing cold January, against a team of thugs, with a hangover... I'd be praying for a frozen pitch.

Had the same thoughts as I was walking the dog on Friday past my old 'home pitch' at Eaton Park 😂

I'm going and I'm going to the pub before hand, albeit sitting outside.

Tested negative yesterday having spent time with my daughter who's frontline NHS and gets blasted with the **** everyday.

NCFC could have got this postponed if they wanted to, and still might. Krul is out so we'll see how Gunn is this morning.

24 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I wouldn't go if it was just me, but my son has been given my old man's ticket and only gets 3 or 4 chances a season to attend. If it wasn't for that I'd stay at home. Not because of the Covid side, but I'm in a what seems to be a minority who doesn't like Boxing Day football. I prefer it as an extension of Christmas Day, lazing about with family, playing with new stuff and eating twice your recommended intake of calories. Going to Carra Rud on Boxing Day is a bit of a chore.

I get you. I quite like the boxing day football when its away and on sky. Sound like a proper sofa fan now! But chilling with family watching it on the tele is perfect for boxing day.

That combined with my disillusion for the Prem right now with our game going ahead alongside the covid factor (its Christmas and I really should visit the grandparents so thats being taken into account, I wouldn't normally factor covid in so strongly) and it just all doesn't feel right for me.

5 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

image.jpeg.82238d8a47b35af87c847ae14990f144.jpeg

Failed Bouncer: “papers please”

Yawn.....

Edited by Greavsy

4 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

I love Boxing Day football, but with the chance of catching Covid, a miserable wet day, being bottom of the league and likely to get absolutely hammered, is anyone actually looking forward to today?

I have to admit, I'm going out of habit rather than enjoyment! I cant be the only one...

It's pretty unappealing isn't it ?

I suppose a bit of respite from the Christmas rellies might be welcome but overall it's likely to be a pretty miserable experience.

To cap it all only two days later there's even less enjoyable trip to the hell-hole that is Selhurst Park.

Anyone who does both deseves a plaque in the Hall of Fame 😉