Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Spurs v Palace set to be called off tomorrow...

It's a joke, I guess we'll end up with 13 fit players (including McGovern) and have to play...  It can work both ways, but undoubtably it'll end up working not in our favour in any way.

7 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...as is being rumoured

So, Palace get Boxing Day off, then we have play them 48 hrs after playing a game

If that happens it will be a scandal.  The PL should be cancelling all tomorrow's matches.

Palace players were preparing to leave their training ground together to stay in a hotel late on Christmas Day after earlier spending time with their families.

However, news of positive Covid tests rocked the club and they are no longer able to fulfil the fixture.

1 minute ago, Mengo said:

Palace players were preparing to leave their training ground together to stay in a hotel late on Christmas Day after earlier spending time with their families.

However, news of positive Covid tests rocked the club and they are no longer able to fulfil the fixture.

If they cant play tomorrow, surely they cant play on the 28th??!

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

At least three Crystal Palace players have tested positive for Covid-19, as well as two staff members.

it's becoming one big 🎪 circus ffs

3 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Krul is out for us, let's try and postpone ours. Oh wait. We're norwich 

To be fair...we did get the game called off at west ham last week.

I've no problem with playing Arsenal tomorrow...but if Palace arent playing tomorrow , theres no it can be fair that we should then have to play them 2 days later

20 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I've no problem with playing Arsenal tomorrow...but if Palace arent playing tomorrow , theres no it can be fair that we should then have to play them 2 days later

I know mate but 75 percent of that weekends fixtures postponed in the end 

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Top six bias strikes again

Since when have Palace been a top six club?  Another OTT reaction!

5 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Since when have Palace been a top six club?  Another OTT reaction!

Shocker! 😊 

I have to say that this is diabolical. If Everton cant field 13 players (with under 23's included) then how can we under the current conditions? 

If Palace cant field a squad tomorow then they can't on Tuesday! 

Just call a halt on the whole thing until after the New Year 

If they are calling off games due to 3 cases now then they really need to be consistent and call off most of the games. 

It would be deeply unfair if we are made to play them on the 28th if their game is called off today. 

I’ve not seen it reported anywhere so presumably that game is going ahead?  I suppose it’s a London game so may be called off late, but that would be pretty disgraceful treatment of supporters yet again - not that they seem to give a crap about ‘us’.

9 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’ve not seen it reported anywhere so presumably that game is going ahead?  I suppose it’s a London game so may be called off late, but that would be pretty disgraceful treatment of supporters yet again - not that they seem to give a crap about ‘us’.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/17135730/tottenham-crystal-palace-boxing-day-postponed-covid/

11 hours ago, lake district canary said:

If that happens it will be a scandal.  The PL should be cancelling all tomorrow's matches.

TV rules the premiership, they couldn’t give a s..t about the teams only that they satisfy the needs of the armchair fans and sponsors

Edited by Helsinki canary

11 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Didnt that get postponed mostly because of West Ham though?

We had an incredibly difficult task surviving this season as it was. With us having one of the weaker squads but still having to play whilst huge squads worth billions like Uniteds get called off with a few positive tests is just so hard to take. 

I reiterate, f*ck the prem.

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Didnt that get postponed mostly because of West Ham though?

We had an incredibly difficult task surviving this season as it was. With us having one of the weaker squads but still having to play whilst huge squads worth billions like Uniteds get called off with a few positive tests is just so hard to take. 

I reiterate, f*ck the prem.

The best thing that would of happened for clubs like us was the formation of the planned super European league, it would of allowed the premiership to become a normal National league again and one which we could of maintained a consistent positive in. 

10 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Spurs you silly sasuage😉

But it’s Palace who the game was called off for, not Spurs. That’s like saying if our game today was called off because of our Covid issues it would be big six bias because we are playing Arsenal.

Edited by Commonsense
Spelling

9 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Spurs you silly sasuage😉

It is Palace who have Covid not Spurs.

Edited by TIL 1010

So if I'm understanding this correctly you officially have to fulfill a fixture if you have thirteen fit senior outfielders and a goalie but the 'bigger' clubs are getting matches called off for less? 

Just now, Gordon Bennett said:

So if I'm understanding this correctly you officially have to fulfill a fixture if you have thirteen fit senior outfielders and a goalie but the 'bigger' clubs are getting matches called off for less? 

I beleive the rule is as you have stated, or key players / s unavailable. The criteria for that is they have to be regular starter. 

Im sure we would qualify with Krul being out in that case. Oh to be a big team. 

If Palace Boxing day game is off there is no way they will be playing 48 hours later surely. No player with covid could be involved.

24 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I beleive the rule is as you have stated, or key players / s unavailable. The criteria for that is they have to be regular starter. 

Im sure we would qualify with Krul being out in that case. Oh to be a big team. 

On the face of it, it looks completely fixed and more self fulfillment for the Premier League big boys.

13 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Top six bias strikes again

Er Everton v Burnley was postponed. After Benitez had a media rant.

Wolves v Watford postponed.

Totally invalid and incorrect comment.

I don't know why the club hasn't got this match cancelled. Very weak.

Pretty sure Spurs would be itching to play a weakened Palace side, not sure where the big club bias is in that decision.

38 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Er Everton v Burnley was postponed. After Benitez had a media rant.

Wolves v Watford postponed.

Totally invalid and incorrect comment.

I don't know why the club hasn't got this match cancelled. Very weak.

Presumably because we do have 13+1 and are getting on with it as we should? We could even have more than fourteen available.

If that's the case then I'm happy we are playing, it's what you have a squad for. If teams are getting games called off for far less absences then that's the problem here.