Sign in to follow this  
Evil Monkey

Merson on Soccer AM:

(Regarding his sacking from Walsall)

"I had long enough and I didn''t get the results, if you don''t do that you get sacked, that''s the way it is in Football..."

Unless your name''s Nigel Worthington...

There speaks a realist - just like Megson who in, his case, even had the decency to resign when he knew he could do no more with Nottingham Forest. Pity Worthers can''t see when enough is enough, and walk away with some respect for him still remaining.

[quote user="pete"]All this Worthy is a decent man rubbish, look how he treats players he falls out with.  He strikes me as arrogant and stubborn to the point of being single mindedly wrong in most things he does.[/quote]

HERE HERE THAT IS WHAT I HEAR FROM PEOPLE INVOLVED WITH THE CLUB!!!!

You are kidding?The players he has had problems with have not been committed to the cause.He got fed up with Kenton because he was taking the mickey out of this club. He got fed up with Heckingbottom because he 1) wasnt workign hard enough  2) was not good enough to make the hassel worth it.I have to say many of the players that have fallen out of favour is for a reason. Just like when your a manager of any company you can not afford to have anyone that isnt really sure about where they want to be or just doing it for the money in the cutting edge positions - it makes them less reliable.I dont think Worthington has fallen out with McVeigh - I think we have seen why he has been in and out of the team. We know how great he can be (man u away last season) but he has still got to put in the work behind the scenes and make that a consistancy. This season he looks to be doing it, a big improvement on his part.

[quote user="David Colman"]

HERE HERE THAT IS WHAT I HEAR FROM PEOPLE INVOLVED WITH THE CLUB!!!!

[/quote]Like who, the bloke that empties the wheelie bins?

[quote user="chicken"]You are kidding?The players he has had problems with have not been committed to the cause.He got fed up with Kenton because he was taking the mickey out of this club. He got fed up with Heckingbottom because he 1) wasnt workign hard enough  2) was not good enough to make the hassel worth it.I have to say many of the players that have fallen out of favour is for a reason. Just like when your a manager of any company you can not afford to have anyone that isnt really sure about where they want to be or just doing it for the money in the cutting edge positions - it makes them less reliable.I dont think Worthington has fallen out with McVeigh - I think we have seen why he has been in and out of the team. We know how great he can be (man u away last season) but he has still got to put in the work behind the scenes and make that a consistancy. This season he looks to be doing it, a big improvement on his part.[/quote]how about Jason Jarrett, bentley, edworthy, rivers, malky, helveg etc. etc?  were these all players not committed to the cause? 

[quote user="pete"]All this Worthy is a decent man rubbish, look how he treats players he falls out with.  He strikes me as arrogant and stubborn to the point of being single mindedly wrong in most things he does.[/quote]

he also comes across as a bit lacking in the brain department....

[quote user="Paul Rankin"][quote user="pete"]All this Worthy is a decent man rubbish, look how he treats players he falls out with.  He strikes me as arrogant and stubborn to the point of being single mindedly wrong in most things he does.[/quote]

he also comes across as a bit lacking in the brain department....[/quote]Whereas you put Steven Hawkins to shame...People in glass houses and all that. ;)

[quote user="chicken"]
He got fed up with Kenton because he was taking the mickey out of this club.
[/quote]

actually, him and Foley simply thought he was too lazy

Herb wrote: ''Whereas you put Steven Hawkins to shame...
People in glass houses and all that. ;)"

When you were sarcastically berating others brainpower Herb, were you referring to Stephen Hawking, by chance?

[quote user="Evil Monkey"](Regarding his sacking from Walsall)

"I had long enough and I didn''t get the results, if you don''t do that you get sacked, that''s the way it is in Football..."

Unless your name''s Nigel Worthington...

[/quote] Norwich are doing a little better than Wallsall. Merson managed them to relegation. He hasn''t ever done anything positive for Wallsall like Worthy has at Norwich. There''s a big difference hence why the board are showing faith for longing (rightly or wrongly depending on your view) in Nigel!