Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Newcastle making BIG moves

So according to all current reports two players they are trying to bid for and are very interested in are Aubameyang and Ousmane Dembélé..

Them two and Saint-Maximin will be very interesting to see playing in the Championship that's for sure 🤣

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

HAHAHAHAHAH

Sorry. They will be linked with everyone and anyone, especially the journey men of the upper levels. Its not going to work out like that for them, and much like Man City they will have to build a foundation and show some upward mobility before they can convince big hitters to turn up.

What any player arriving will know is, yes they will be on a huge wage but they won't be playing European football next season (or this) in the lead up to a world cup, and could potentially even end up spending a season in the Championship.

You wait, they will be linked with many top top players, but the reality will be people like Barkley etc, those mid tier players who will fill the void of the next 2-3 years before they really lift off. Personally I hope they fall flat on their faces haha.

2 minutes ago, birchfest said:

HAHAHAHAHAH

Sorry. They will be linked with everyone and anyone, especially the journey men of the upper levels. Its not going to work out like that for them, and much like Man City they will have to build a foundation and show some upward mobility before they can convince big hitters to turn up.

What any player arriving will know is, yes they will be on a huge wage but they won't be playing European football next season (or this) in the lead up to a world cup, and could potentially even end up spending a season in the Championship.

You wait, they will be linked with many top top players, but the reality will be people like Barkley etc, those mid tier players who will fill the void of the next 2-3 years before they really lift off. Personally I hope they fall flat on their faces haha.

Many people saying they will be the new Man City.. While I for one hope they are the new QPR. Remember when they were the richest club in the world for a while?

The only reason quality players will move there in January is to fill their pockets. 

Any player who wants to play in the World Cup next year would be well advised to stay away. 

Chances are they will spend their way to survival though. Which makes our task that bit harder…only 3 sides bottom at Xmas ever pulled it off. Personally I can’t see where the necessary goals will come from 

45 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Chances are they will spend their way to survival though. Which makes our task that bit harder…only 3 sides bottom at Xmas ever pulled it off. Personally I can’t see where the necessary goals will come from 

That doesn't always work. In fact it very regularly fails when teams try to spend their way to survival in the summer, let alone half way through a season.

Edited by hogesar

The money Newcastle will throw at it will see them claw back the four points needed to get bone 17th. If they get two decent players more will follow, getting the first to sign will be the key.

Might nudge Leeds down with us!

I can't imagine many Premier League teams will want to sell to them, although if they offer £30m for Aarons it might be hard to resist.

Actually I think there will be very little player movement in January. Already clubs have been hit financially by Covid and I can see more behind closed doors football coming up. I expect most clubs will go with what they have got including us, and I see we have already decided to keep Williams and Gilmour, so that's loans ruled out.