Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Canary Jedi

Will you do the responsible thing on Boxing Day?

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

The only people being ignorant I can see here are those that are resorting to throwing insults insults from the safety of their keyboard and those that will only be happy if others give up their freedoms because of their fears, not realising that their freedoms will be next. If you are so desperate to live under a totalitarian regime, there are plenty out there. Australia and Canada would probably suit. If they aren't harsh enough for you, try China or North Korea. 

Get out of your left wing echo chamber, look at arguments on both sides. Try having a reasonable debate, without resorting to name calling. If you still don't see anything suspicious I can't help you.

 

 

You mention reasonable debate but you're responding with the same sensationalist attitude mentioning regimes.

Please explain clearly what you think the benefits are to the 'rich and powerful' from hammering the economy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RobertRosariosBeefTomatoes said:

You mention reasonable debate but you're responding with the same sensationalist attitude mentioning regimes.

Please explain clearly what you think the benefits are to the 'rich and powerful' from hammering the economy.

Fair play to you. Personally I am sick of their narcissistic and paranoid nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We missed your posts advocating this every single flu season? 

Patronising, panicky, ignorant, rubbish. 

Its. A. Cold. 

Even the govt has finally acknowledged it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, The Bunny said:

My wife volunteers to help at vaccination places and they've actually had anti-vax morons protesting outside, shouting abuse at patients, staff and volunteers. Apparently it's not good enough to just to be an ignorant idiot who is harmful to society, they can't even tolerate other people doing the right thing. The mental gymnastics required to reach this viewpoint just boggles the mind. 

@Iwans Big Toe just a tip: stop believing everything you read on social media. These people are barely literate, let alone literate in immunology. 

I work the vaccine sites and in one particular site I am called a murderer at least 5 times a day. We would regularly be shut down with a baying crowd chanting hang them all. Last few days has been notable that not so many protest as they are likely to be attacked by those having the vaccine.

On rare occasions iWork by the COVID wards in a different role. It may or may not surprise you that there are plenty when admitted, begging for the vaccine. When they get told to late, they crack.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, fredherring said:

We missed your posts advocating this every single flu season? 

Patronising, panicky, ignorant, rubbish. 

Its. A. Cold. 

Even the govt has finally acknowledged it. 

They're all coming out of the woodwork now. 5 million dead of "a cold". And I guess all the world's governments, scientists and health authorities just got together and made it up. For a laugh, presumably. 

Let me guess, global warming is also a conspiracy, Brexit was a good idea and Bill Gates is putting 5G transmitters into our bloodstream?

Best keep that tinfoil hat firmly attached buddy, or those 5G rays are gonna fry your brain even more. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Bunny said:

They're all coming out of the woodwork now. 5 million dead of "a cold". And I guess all the world's governments, scientists and health authorities just got together and made it up. For a laugh, presumably. 

Let me guess, global warming is also a conspiracy, Brexit was a good idea and Bill Gates is putting 5G transmitters into our bloodstream?

Best keep that tinfoil hat firmly attached buddy, or those 5G rays are gonna fry your brain even more. 

Don't be daft, wearing radioactive anti-5G pendants sorts the last of those problems!

Edited by Attleborough_Canary
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

The only people being ignorant I can see here are those that are resorting to throwing insults insults from the safety of their keyboard and those that will only be happy if others give up their freedoms because of their fears, not realising that their freedoms will be next. If you are so desperate to live under a totalitarian regime, there are plenty out there. Australia and Canada would probably suit. If they aren't harsh enough for you, try China or North Korea. 

Get out of your left wing echo chamber, look at arguments on both sides. Try having a reasonable debate, without resorting to name calling. If you still don't see anything suspicious I can't help you.

 

 

I appreciate any bodies views and you have a freedom of choice. 
It has to be said though the battle against COVID is being won, not by conspiracy theories or misinformation, but by 3 things, our understanding of the virus, vaccines and now treatments ( especially the Pfizer pill ). You could possibly add testing to that short term. This could be the last big battle with the virus as after omicron it maybe that we all have confidence in the vaccines ie they hold up to stop people getting seriously ill. Unless you confine yourself to the U.K. it doesn’t matter how much freedom we have here, for a while at least most countries will ban you if you are not vaccinated.

Interesting to note the country to follow is Israel, and they are saying today immunity to dose 3 ( boosters in the U.K. ) is waining again after 4 months, so they are now planning dose 4 to start with over 60’s shortly.

It looks like ( happy to be corrected ) that it is not the virus that is less virulent, but our protection towards the adverse effects of catching COVID. 
Working in the NHS so from a personal view, I am shocked we are allowing big crowds etc, not because I think we should lock down, but over 2 weeks 14 million more could be vaccinated and those Pfizer pills we have ordered today will have arrived.

I wonder if those refusing the vaccine will also refuse the Pfizer pill.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If nurses can wear PPE all day to protect themselves, surely we can manage to mask during 90 minutes of football?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I appreciate any bodies views and you have a freedom of choice. 
It has to be said though the battle against COVID is being won, not by conspiracy theories or misinformation, but by 3 things, our understanding of the virus, vaccines and now treatments ( especially the Pfizer pill ). You could possibly add testing to that short term. This could be the last big battle with the virus as after omicron it maybe that we all have confidence in the vaccines ie they hold up to stop people getting seriously ill. Unless you confine yourself to the U.K. it doesn’t matter how much freedom we have here, for a while at least most countries will ban you if you are not vaccinated.

Interesting to note the country to follow is Israel, and they are saying today immunity to dose 3 ( boosters in the U.K. ) is waining again after 4 months, so they are now planning dose 4 to start with over 60’s shortly.

It looks like ( happy to be corrected ) that it is not the virus that is less virulent, but our protection towards the adverse effects of catching COVID. 
Working in the NHS so from a personal view, I am shocked we are allowing big crowds etc, not because I think we should lock down, but over 2 weeks 14 million more could be vaccinated and those Pfizer pills we have ordered today will have arrived.

I wonder if those refusing the vaccine will also refuse the Pfizer pill.

Are you advocating we don’t go on Boxing Day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will you do the responsible thing on Boxing Day ?

yes, I will be doing my recycling walking the dog  and watching city beat Arsenal 5-4 . Is that not responsible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Bristol Nest said:

I'm getting great WiFi from my left  arm since my booster jab.

Can you tell if it's 5G? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, fredherring said:

We missed your posts advocating this every single flu season? 

Patronising, panicky, ignorant, rubbish. 

Its. A. Cold. 

Even the govt has finally acknowledged it. 

I do not normally get involved in these types of discussions but as somebody with what is described as having "brittle" asthma (diagnosed aged 7 over 50 years ago), who has succumbed to chest infections for more years than I care to remember, who despite that is very positive and has never, ever used asthma as an excuse or let it stop me from playing sport, swimming. cycling etc and who in adult life has taken an interest in respiratory illness I thought I would dip my toe into this discussion 😀. Lets start with flu, the worst flu season in the last few years killed 30,000 people, and that was because the strain responsible was not identified earlier enough and thus the flu vaccination did not provide protection against it. The average number of annual deaths attributed to flu is around 11,000 (and that figure was skewed upwards by that bad year). I do not believe the Government have acknowledge that Covid is a cold, it is true that the common cold is part of the coronavirus family but humans have acquired immunity to it over a number of years meaning that we can catch it numerous times in a year and not be particularly ill from it, except in extreme circumstances. It may come to pass that the Omicron variant is no worse than a nasty cold, but we will not know that for another couple of weeks when the we will start to see if the  large number of cases start to translate into hospital admissions. The issue with Omicron is how quickly it transmits, if we are getting something like 200,000 infections a day if only a small percentage of those end up in hospital admissions the health system and economy will suffer. I am not panicking about Omicron but nether am I complacent about it. I am looking forward to Boxing Day and going to CR, meeting up with folk I have sat next to for over 20 years and handing out the customary sausage rolls. I am not sure if you are on a wind up but if you are not then I think you need to have a rethink.........

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

The only people being ignorant I can see here are those that are resorting to throwing insults insults from the safety of their keyboard and those that will only be happy if others give up their freedoms because of their fears, not realising that their freedoms will be next. If you are so desperate to live under a totalitarian regime, there are plenty out there. Australia and Canada would probably suit. If they aren't harsh enough for you, try China or North Korea. 

Get out of your left wing echo chamber, look at arguments on both sides. Try having a reasonable debate, without resorting to name calling. If you still don't see anything suspicious I can't help you.

 

 

Edited by Mr Angry
Being stupid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

UK population 68.5 million, COVID deaths 147,000-0.21% of the population.

Canada population 38.25 million, COVID deaths 30,085-0.08% of the population.

Australia population 26 million, COVID deaths 2,134-0.008% of the population.

So we've had 2.5 times as many deaths per population as Canada, and 25 times as many deaths per population as Australia.

Anyone would think their populations are more widely spread apart over a larger area of land.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, RobertRosariosBeefTomatoes said:

Anyone would think their populations are more widely spread apart over a larger area of land.

Oh yeah, sorry 😳

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

Is what a no? I haven't seen a question.

 

 

Title of the thread:

Will you do the responsible thing on Boxing Day?”

i.e.  Will you provide proof of being fully vaccinated and will you take a lateral flow test on the morning of the match to confirm a negative result?

Given the general tenor of your comments on the subject, I assume your answer will be no.

P.S.  106,122 confirmed new cases today.

Edited by Naturalcynic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A friend of mine has no internet, no smart phone, no laptop or iPad , never sees the EDP , was in total shock when  I told him of the arrangements for Boxing Day. With none of the above he can’t confirm any lateral test he does. He has been on the phone for hours today without anyone answering. I’ve sent an e mail on his behalf, no reply.  All I can suggest is he gets there early, about 12 ! , and queues at the Ticket Office, any other suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

A friend of mine has no internet, no smart phone, no laptop or iPad , never sees the EDP , was in total shock when  I told him of the arrangements for Boxing Day. With none of the above he can’t confirm any lateral test he does. He has been on the phone for hours today without anyone answering. I’ve sent an e mail on his behalf, no reply.  All I can suggest is he gets there early, about 12 ! , and queues at the Ticket Office, any other suggestions?

Does he have a door on his cave? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I can understand your fear but for your reasoning to be logical you shouldn't be going anywhere outside your home. Or letting anyone in it.

 

I don’t! It’s not a fear, just practical, and following advice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

The only people being ignorant I can see here are those that are resorting to throwing insults insults from the safety of their keyboard and those that will only be happy if others give up their freedoms because of their fears, not realising that their freedoms will be next. If you are so desperate to live under a totalitarian regime, there are plenty out there. Australia and Canada would probably suit. If they aren't harsh enough for you, try China or North Korea. 

Get out of your left wing echo chamber, look at arguments on both sides. Try having a reasonable debate, without resorting to name calling. If you still don't see anything suspicious I can't help you.

 

 

Is there an argument to be had on both sides? I don’t think so. I bet you had the polio vaccination, (now obsolete) diphtheria and tetanus and the rest, did you have the same arguments then? Left wing echo chamber indeed. It’s about saving lives and  helping our health service out, isn’t it and having respect for those around you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

A friend of mine has no internet, no smart phone, no laptop or iPad , never sees the EDP , was in total shock when  I told him of the arrangements for Boxing Day. With none of the above he can’t confirm any lateral test he does. He has been on the phone for hours today without anyone answering. I’ve sent an e mail on his behalf, no reply.  All I can suggest is he gets there early, about 12 ! , and queues at the Ticket Office, any other suggestions?

The club are too busy dealing with complaints about the Winter Wonderland.

Plus they have to look at up to 22,000 Covid Vax Passes to make sure they are legit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CANARYKING said:

A friend of mine has no internet, no smart phone, no laptop or iPad , never sees the EDP , was in total shock when  I told him of the arrangements for Boxing Day. With none of the above he can’t confirm any lateral test he does. He has been on the phone for hours today without anyone answering. I’ve sent an e mail on his behalf, no reply.  All I can suggest is he gets there early, about 12 ! , and queues at the Ticket Office, any other suggestions?

Can you not email his covid pass and supporter number to the club?? 

Sure you can sign onto the nhs records to obtain his pass? Obviously with his permission and attendance of course. 

Nothing personal but Isn't the argument of them not being able to register & hence attend, if they cannot comply the same as the one of the consequences that un vaccinated have to face. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

TBF if you are able to catch and transmit covid after having the shot, until the dictionary definition of vaccine was changed a couple of months ago, you would not have been defined as a vaccinated.

 

 

We were always told it’s a vacation that helps prevent serious illness which it does in 99.99% of cases …… I believe, correct me if I’m wrong .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Heading South said:

We were always told it’s a vacation that helps prevent serious illness which it does in 99.99% of cases …… I believe, correct me if I’m wrong .

Guess it depends where you're going! 😊 😊 

Apologies HS, could not resist that one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will take a LFT late on Christmas Day, ready to set off early to Norfolk on Boxing Day.  I've done the same before every match I've been to this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

The pre-registration of covid status has not been well publicised at all and it’s going to be an absolute nightmare btw

Except of course via e-mail or letter to all season ticket holders and published in the local press plus a feature on the club website.

Edited by TIL 1010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...