Sign in to follow this  
Canary Jedi

Will you do the responsible thing on Boxing Day?

16 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

Wow I wasn’t expected such varied debate for what is essentially a simple question. Maybe I should have done a poll - “will you test yourself before the game regardless of your vaccination status?”

I wont be testing myself before the game. Unfortunately myself, partner and youngest tested positive yesterday, had a PCR test today so are waiting for results.

I feel pretty run down as a result, but they are fine. lets hope city can spring a surprise and cheer us up. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, East Rider said:

I wont be testing myself before the game. Unfortunately myself, partner and youngest tested positive yesterday, had a PCR test today so are waiting for results.

I feel pretty run down as a result, but they are fine. lets hope city can spring a surprise and cheer us up. 

All our family had covid around a month or so ago.  The adults are triple vaccinated, it is difficult to understand what locking ourselves down will do.  Or how we pose a risk to others, is it possible to catch it twice in a few months?  Or is Omnicrom different enough from Delta to mean it is a different disease and can be caught separately, in which case, what is the point of the booster jabs, I really have lost the plot on what our end game is…

On 22/12/2021 at 16:22, CANARYKING said:

A friend of mine has no internet, no smart phone, no laptop or iPad , never sees the EDP , was in total shock when  I told him of the arrangements for Boxing Day. With none of the above he can’t confirm any lateral test he does. He has been on the phone for hours today without anyone answering. I’ve sent an e mail on his behalf, no reply.  All I can suggest is he gets there early, about 12 ! , and queues at the Ticket Office, any other suggestions?

You know Catweazle? And he's a City fan?

image.jpeg.0a4ca660841849d6bf9bcc22dcda6a6d.jpeg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Newtopia said:

All our family had covid around a month or so ago.  The adults are triple vaccinated, it is difficult to understand what locking ourselves down will do.  Or how we pose a risk to others, is it possible to catch it twice in a few months?  Or is Omnicrom different enough from Delta to mean it is a different disease and can be caught separately, in which case, what is the point of the booster jabs, I really have lost the plot on what our end game is…

From what I understand Omicron is extremely transmissible so it is all about the potentially huge number of infections. The latest number of new daily infections was 122K, that is probably the tip of the iceberg. If you have say 200,000 new infections per day and only 0.1% of those end up in hospital that is 200 per day, 1400 per week and so on, it would not take long to put a strain on an already very busy, under strain NHS. Being triple jabbed is not all  about stopping you contracting Covid it is about stopping you becoming seriously ill and needing  hospital care when you contract Covid, currently the majority of people in hospital with Covid have not been vaccinated hence the drive to get as many people vaccinated as possible. The one potential ray of hope is that Omicron appears to be mild in comparison to previous variants but we still do not know how the older and more vulnerable amongst us will respond to infection by Omicron.............

• Like 1

16 hours ago, East Rider said:

So sorry to hear that. Hope you and family have a speedy recovery. It would be great if we can beat Arsenal for you all!

6 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

So sorry to hear that. Hope you and family have a speedy recovery. It would be great if we can beat Arsenal for you all!

Thank you. 

Fingers crossed for a win against Arsenal. We are rapidly running out of games to get out of the bottom three

• Like 1

On 22/12/2021 at 07:20, Iwans Big Toe said:

The only people being ignorant I can see here are those that are resorting to throwing insults insults from the safety of their keyboard and those that will only be happy if others give up their freedoms because of their fears, not realising that their freedoms will be next. If you are so desperate to live under a totalitarian regime, there are plenty out there. Australia and Canada would probably suit. If they aren't harsh enough for you, try China or North Korea. 

Get out of your left wing echo chamber, look at arguments on both sides. Try having a reasonable debate, without resorting to name calling. If you still don't see anything suspicious I can't help you.

Bro forget about it. You know what the christians did to the person they now see as a god? 
They tortured him and killed him.

People are out of touch with humanism, they desperately want that equilibrium and want to be kneeling to a master. 

5 minutes ago, Tzol Machine said:

Bro forget about it. You know what the christians did to the person they now see as a god? 

People are out of touch with humanism, they desperately want that equilibrium and want to be kneeling to a master. 

Wow, you’re bitter about something that happened in your earlier life aren’t you ?

36 minutes ago, Tzol Machine said:

Haven’t you got something better to do on Christmas Day, particularly after 120,000 positive cases were confirmed yesterday?

Edited by Naturalcynic

27 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Haven’t you got something better to do on Christmas Day, particularly after 120,000 positive cases were confirmed yesterday?

120k.

Oh noes. The horror. 

How many dead?

Genuinely dead after being admitted because of covid? 

Oh. 

People need to get a grip. 

This is a mild illness and its not our job to give up freedoms indefinitely to protect the healthcare system. 

Two years of this and it still can't cope? People should be angry and demanding change in the NHS, not putting rags on their faces and believing they acting for the greater good. 

The NHS will not be overwhelmed. That's obvious from that ratio of cases to admissions with covid. 

So grow up, stop panicking, and start asking when we get back to normal. 

1 hour ago, fredherring said:

120k.

Oh noes. The horror. 

How many dead?

Oh. 

This is a mild illness and its not our job to give up freedoms indefinitely to protect the healthcare system. 

Two years of this and it still can't cope? People should be angry and demanding change in the NHS, not putting rags on their faces and believing they acting for the greater good. 

The NHS will not be overwhelmed. That's obvious from that ratio of cases to admissions with covid. 

Who do you think works in the NHS?  That’s right: people like you and me.  But people who have a duty of care to their patients.  Which of course means if they themselves test positive for Covid they mustn’t work as otherwise they risk spreading it to vulnerable patients as well as to colleagues.  The more staff who contract it, the fewer there are left to care for patients.  So waiting lists go up, surgery is delayed, urgent tests are missed, and more people die prematurely from diseases other than Covid.  So your selfish attitude of “fed up with protecting the NHS, Covid is all overhyped, we’re angry and let's all go back to normal” has serious consequences.  It might be what you hear in your echo chambers in the Daily Mail and on Talk Radio, but the argument doesn’t hold water.

Edited by Naturalcynic
  • Like 2

Yay! Tested negative 😊

Good luck with your self testing everyone. Thanks for doing the right thing and testing yourselves, everyone else will benefit 👍

15 hours ago, fredherring said:

120k.

Oh noes. The horror. 

How many dead?

Oh. 

And what if you had just been diagnosed with cancer, fredherring and had to take your place in the queue for treatment, because the hospitals have had to devote so much resource to COVID?

In the knowledge that every day without treatment reduces you chances of survival, would you still speak like a member of the Tory back benches, with their gold star private health provisions, and damn the NHS as it is for plebs?

You language is offensive, and your views (if they really are your views) are pig ignorant. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, fredherring said:

120k.

Oh noes. The horror. 

How many dead?

Oh. 

We have plenty of vacancies if you would like to come and help. I thought you called masks muzzles rather than masks.

I am mainly work with the vaccine task force ( yes I appreciate you want us hung for committing mass murder ) and the icu nurses tell us that when the unvaccinated are initially admitted to the COVID wards about a third of them ask for the vaccine ( anti vaxers as well ). When they are told they can’t have it it’s to late, they crack.

I appreciate you will tell us 48% of people admitted to hospital are vaccinated, but you don’t give us the figure of 80 - 90% unvaccinated that finish up in icu.

The weird thing is that we will beat this horrible little virus with vaccinations and treatments, but people with your attitude will prolong it and are more likely to cause lockdowns than those that take it a little more seriously.

And yes we are about to leave Birmingham for the match. I am treble jabbed and had COVID, so I have put my faith in that. Unfortunately there will be many around the country today that have your attitude and will spoil it for the majority. I would hope if I catch it I am well protected against serious illness, but I won’t be able to work for several days, which will contribute to the nhs being overwhelmed.

4 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Ok guys please take it to another thread. This thread is just about testing 👍

He’s encouraging people not to test or wear masks, we are encouraging people to test and wear masks.

16 hours ago, fredherring said:

120k.

Oh noes. The horror. 

How many dead?

Oh. 

You really are an utter moron.

What freedoms have you given up?

I’m going, will mask up going through the turnstiles and then quick trip to the loo and then straight to my seat, no refreshments or hanging around the concourse 

• Like 2

Finally coming out the other side of COVID! 

Despite isolating, my wife and two children still caught it. But thankfully, fared better than me at dealing with it! We're pretty sure even the dog has / had it! 

If people start feeling any symptoms today, you probably caught it from Carrow Road on boxing day, if you went. Omicron seems to show symptoms in 2-3 days after exposure, but also seems to clear up faster if your fit and healthy. 

Lateral flows are really inconsistent.. and there is even inconsistencies in the different types of lateral flow tests available. The older style, which require a swab of the tonsils as well as the nose, appeared far less accurate in our experiences to the newer versions requiring only a nose swab. 

Hope you had a nice Christmas all. 

3 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Finally coming out the other side of COVID! 

Despite isolating, my wife and two children still caught it. But thankfully, fared better than me at dealing with it! We're pretty sure even the dog has / had it! 

If people start feeling any symptoms today, you probably caught it from Carrow Road on boxing day, if you went. Omicron seems to show symptoms in 2-3 days after exposure, but also seems to clear up faster if your fit and healthy. 

Lateral flows are really inconsistent.. and there is even inconsistencies in the different types of lateral flow tests available. The older style, which require a swab of the tonsils as well as the nose, appeared far less accurate in our experiences to the newer versions requiring only a nose swab. 

Hope you had a nice Christmas all. 

Glad you're feeling better. Interesting comments about the testing as I have a close family who has all the symptoms and feeling poorly yet constantly tests negative including PCR! Perhaps it is another virus, even another variant, but it seems a bit of a lottery sometimes with LFTs.

• Like 1