Sign in to follow this  
Canary Jedi

Will you do the responsible thing on Boxing Day?

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Except of course via e-mail or letter to all season ticket holders and published in the local press.

It was on Look East as well. Not sure what more the club could do. I think it was passed in Parliament only last Wednesday, so to have this up and running in little over week and a half would be very good going.

6 hours ago, Lord Horn (again) said:

This is probably the most interesting post on here.  Like you I will attend on Boxing Day being fully boosted, jabbed etc and I will wear a mask throughout.  Was absolutely appalled at the lack of masks in the concourses (and lounges) at the United and Villa home matches (despite the email from the club saying that the wearing of masks in these locations was mandatory).  However, I couldn't see any signs at the turnstiles pointing this out and none of the stewarding staff were enforcing it so what was the point of the email.  Looking at the stats for Omicron (and I am a firm believer in protecting oneself for my own sake and for those around me) I am sceptical about the health implications of this latest variant.  There hasn't been a wave of Omicron deaths or hospitalisations in South Africa (where their vaccination rate is significantly worse than ours) and the symptoms appear largely mild.  The problem comes with the compulsory isolation if you test positive which puts a severe strain on society and the economy by reducing a huge chunk of the working population (especially  critical in the health and care sectors).  The other factor at play now is the 'one  rule for them and one rule for us' that Clown Boris has inspired so I can't  see that those who religiously followed all the rules or advice over the past two years will be that  keen to  follow suit next time round if further, more Draconian, measures are introduced.  We can but wait and see.

A sensible post, along with those by Well b back. I have thought all along mask-wearing should have been compulsory in all areas of the ground apart from when seated, and that attendance should have been limited to those vaccinated.

Omicron may be milder, although there is a fair amount of straw-clutching about that at the moment on the back of not that much data or context. But the decision not to bring in tougher measures for Christmas illustrates how dangerously political is the decision-making of the Johnson government.

The reality is that even if the data had clearly indicated such a lockdown was necessary Johnson was never going to sanction it, because he is entirely at the mercy of the crazies in his party. It would have triggered the Defenestration of Downing Street, and he knew that.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Except of course via e-mail or letter to all season ticket holders and published in the local press plus a feature on the club website.

> I haven’t received an email

> I haven’t received a letter

> reading newspapers is something people did in the Second World War 

The queues will be monumental, especially if regency are running it.

8 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Sure you'd have seen it on the socials too Bore, Oh hold on................

My bad! 

5 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Sure you'd have seen it on the socials too Bore, Oh hold on................

My bad! 

I’ve got a life mate, sorry about that.

7 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I can tell what type to...... 

As you were. 

Edited by Greavsy

7 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Uh-huh…

You do realise that you can use things without being addicted to them?? 

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

You do realise that you can use things without being addicted to them?? 

Do *you* realise?

40 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Yet on Monday you commented on the COVID passport thread that was talking about putting the thing on your season ticket ? You must have misunderstood what you were talking about.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Yet on Monday you commented on the COVID passport thread that was talking about putting the thing on your season ticket ? You must have misunderstood what you were talking about.

Rent free in your head

Just now, The Real Buh said:

Rent free in your head

Looks like another point missed. 

Consistent if nothing else. 

6 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Looks like another point missed. 

Consistent if nothing else. 

Rent free in your head as well mate, you won’t leave me alone it’s getting weird.

getting as obsessed with me as you are with social media.

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

Never considered reading papers online then which is what most people do these days and what did you expect the club to do then to make fans aware ?

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Rent free in your head as well mate, you won’t leave me alone it’s getting weird.

getting as obsessed with me as you are with social media.

Replying on a public forum, as I have done to many posts. 

You choose to reply to, which is your choice and right. So same back at you. 

So try and not respond, if you can cope with that, if you think it's weird. 

Edited by Greavsy

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Never considered reading papers online then which is what most people do these days and what did you expect the club to do then to make fans aware ?

I’m not having a go at the club, not their fault, but there will definitely be chaos at the turnstiles.

image.jpeg.92aa30146ea187beeac7f21f5b2a7077.jpeg

I’ll be doing an LFT if I turn up Boxing Day, if it’s allowed, I just hope I have ze correct papers, don’t vant to end up in ze cooler

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

If you read the forum you can’t help but know what’s going on

Cambridgeshire does his best! 😊 

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

I’m not having a go at the club, not their fault, but there will definitely be chaos at the turnstiles.

Worked ok at every other club so far, so not really sure why you are then saying it won’t work at our club and then say you are not having a go at our club.

I think it’s more that you disapprove of vaccine passports, which are a requirement introduced by the government and not our football club.

4 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Worked ok at every other club so far, so not really sure why you are then saying it won’t work at our club and then say you are not having a go at our club.

I think it’s more that you disapprove of vaccine passports, which are a requirement introduced by the government and not our football club.

I’m not thrilled about attending a football game in soviet Russia, no. But if you honestly believe there will be no queues you are dreaming. Again, not the clubs fault.

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

image.jpeg.92aa30146ea187beeac7f21f5b2a7077.jpeg

I’ll be doing an LFT if I turn up Boxing Day, if it’s allowed, I just hope I have ze correct papers, don’t vant to end up in ze cooler

You said on another thread you were double vaccinated, thought you just had to show proof of double vaccination, really don’t see the problem. On another thread you were saying other countries were acting like ****’s and our government aren’t. Going by the terms he and vant I guess you now think our government are acting like ****’s, make your mind up.

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

I’m not thrilled about attending a football game in soviet Russia, no. But if you honestly believe there will be no queues you are dreaming. Again, not the clubs fault.

They spot check 10%. 2 of the grounds tonight have twice our capacity and no problems. I guess there would only be problems if some people have the attitude they don’t agree and won’t comply.

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

You said on another thread you were double vaccinated, thought you just had to show proof of double vaccination, really don’t see the problem. On another thread you were saying other countries were acting like ****’s and our government aren’t. Going by the terms he and vant I guess you now think our government are acting like ****’s, make your mind up.

Please remember he doesn't know what to do as he has not received an e-mail or a letter and doesn't read newspapers.

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

They spot check 10%. 2 of the grounds tonight have twice our capacity and no problems. I guess there would only be problems if some people have the attitude they don’t agree and won’t comply.

You must comply, vy vill you not comply?

5 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Not yet, but we must resist the urge to have endless control of our lives.

Some seem desperate to give up all freedoms. Weak people. Like that guy on here that’s obsessed with Facebook and me.