Sign in to follow this  
Canary Jedi

Will you do the responsible thing on Boxing Day?

Whether you are unvaccinated, fully vaccinated, partly vaccinated or just slightly inebriated, before heading to the match on Boxing Day, please take an LFT.

All of us can get and pass on Covid no matter our vaccination status.

Thanks for doing the right thing 👍

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Whether you are unvaccinated, fully vaccinated, partly vaccinated or just slightly inebriated, before heading to the match on Boxing Day, please take an LFT.

If only....... 

Whilst I agree with your thought process I can't see it happening I'm afraid CJ. 

Do the responsible thing. Stay at home and fear for your lives. Let the rich and powerful tell you when it's safe to poke your head above ground again. After all they have no ulterior motive and have your best interests at heart.

Edited by Iwans Big Toe
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

If only....... 

Whilst I agree with your thought process I can't see it happening I'm afraid CJ. 

Well, even if it means a few more people test themselves then it’s better. It’s surprising and inconsistent really that testing is not mandatory for everyone before these types of events. At my work, where most people are vaccinated, we all still have to take regular tests. 

16 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

Do the responsible thing. Stay at home and fear for your lives. Let the rich and powerful tell you when it's safe to poke your head above ground again. After all they have no ulterior motive and have your best interests at heart.

So do we take that as a no?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canary Jedi said:

TBF if you are able to catch and transmit covid after having the shot, until the dictionary definition of vaccine was changed a couple of months ago, you would not have been defined as a vaccinated.

Edited by Iwans Big Toe
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

The environmental impact of this is atrocious, that's 27000 pieces of plastic heading to landfill for 1 fixture.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

TBF if you are able to catch and transmit covid after having the shot, until the dictionary definition of vaccine was changed a couple of months ago, you would not have been defined as a vaccinated.

Either that or… you’re a crazy conspiracy theorist who doesn’t know the definition of the word vaccine. Take your pick. 

Just FYI, efficacy of vaccines has always been variable. Flu vaccines are typically less than 50% effective (but they’re still worthwhile). Covid vaccines are extremely effective by comparison.

By the way, do you even possess a dictionary? Does it have pictures?

Edited by The Bunny
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Greavsy said:

If only....... 

Exactly why I will not go to carrow road any more, you have no idea who is in there unvaccinated or who hasn’t taken a test to attend! And we all know how the spread of this disease takes place don’t we?

• Like 1

@Iwans Big Toe The vaccine is not and never has been a cure all, it is at best a limiting factor in reducing some of the effect of the virus. If you haven't grasped that, you haven't been paying attention.

it is those people who don't get vaccinated, don't take LFTs or who refuse to wear masks properly or not at all, who are the ones who spread the virus to others.  Those who get fully vaccinated, test regularly and wear masks in public that are responsible people who are far less likely to infect others.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, City 2nd said:

Exactly why I will not go to carrow road any more, you have no idea who is in there unvaccinated or who hasn’t taken a test to attend! And we all know how the spread of this disease takes place don’t we?

I can understand your fear but for your reasoning to be logical you shouldn't be going anywhere outside your home. Or letting anyone in it.

7 hours ago, The Bunny said:

Either that or… you’re a crazy conspiracy theorist who doesn’t know the definition of the word vaccine. Take your pick. 

Just FYI, efficacy of vaccines has always been variable. Flu vaccines are typically less than 50% effective (but they’re still worthwhile). Covid vaccines are extremely effective by comparison.

By the way, do you even possess a dictionary? Does it have pictures?

hx3eyixxsy661.jpg

Merriam-Webster-Dictionary-Vaccine-Definition-Change-Before-And-After-768x258.jpg

Usain Bolt To Earn £10,000 Per Second? - Verastic

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

The environmental impact of this is atrocious, that's 27000 pieces of plastic heading to landfill for 1 fixture.

Multiply that world over. The environmental impact will kill more people than the virus itself. 

The world is producing more single use plastic than ever before.

7 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

🤣 or just watch a re-run of the Villa match, that should keep everyone away!

Let’s not get off track, this post is not about vaccines, it’s about not turning up at the match with Covid.

The only way you can be sure not to turn up at the match with Covid is to take a test.

So pretty please everyone! Thank you

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

The vaccines were developed to stop you being seriously ill, if they stopped you catching it or transmitting it ( as they do to a small degree ) that would have been a huge bonus that was not expected. 
As was shown at Wembley during the Euros it is not exactly difficult to claim a negative LF test when it is positive, they rely on trust.

Being boosted I have full trust in the vaccine to offer protection of serious illness, so after careful consideration I shall be attending on Boxing Day as I feel working for the NHS I will catch the new variant at sometime, so the vaccine will need to hold up at some point. 
The problem with catching it is we can’t work, so if we have huge numbers, there will be a lot of work absence.

Working for the NHS I test every day.

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

@Iwans Big Toe The vaccine is not and never has been a cure all, it is at best a limiting factor in reducing some of the effect of the virus. If you haven't grasped that, you haven't been paying attention.

it is those people who don't get vaccinated, don't take LFTs or who refuse to where masks properly or not at all, who are the ones who spread the virus to others.  Those who get fully vaccinated, test regularly and wear masks in public that are responsible people who are far less likely to infect others.

Not many wear masks at any football grounds. Working for the NHS I do wear one and I was questioned why I wore one on several occasions at the Villa match so I cant see the masking up happening ( although more will wear masks ). It was quite funny hearing people at the Villa game say am I scared of the virus, when I work with COVID.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Not many wear masks at any football grounds. Working for the NHS I do wear one and I was questioned why I wore one on several occasions at the Villa match so I cant see the masking up happening ( although more will wear masks ). It was quite funny hearing people at the Villa game say am I scared of the virus, when I work with COVID.

Respect to you, the NHS can’t have been a great place to work in for the last 2 years 👍

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Well b back said:

So as it is outside, that has not been such an issue, but if omicron is so much more transmissable, then maybe outside while in close proximity to others is not so safe and masks ought to be mandatory.  

I was a bit peturbed watching some snooker on tv last week that inside a theatre (where we are supposed to wear masks) plenty of the audience felt it was ok to take their masks off while watching it. 

2 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

hx3eyixxsy661.jpg

Merriam-Webster-Dictionary-Vaccine-Definition-Change-Before-And-After-768x258.jpg

Ok, so you mean one (American) dictionary changed its definition of vaccine to add some more detail. I suppose you're implying this is some kind of global conspiracy. 

I guess you're easily led, huh? 

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/11/30/fact-check-merriam-webster-changed-vaccine-definition-accuracy/6354415001/

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The Bunny said:

Ok, so you mean one (American) dictionary changed its definition of vaccine to add some more detail. I suppose you're implying this is some kind of global conspiracy. 

I guess you're easily led, huh? 

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/11/30/fact-check-merriam-webster-changed-vaccine-definition-accuracy/6354415001/

Iwan probably wears one of those beautiful glowing anti-5G pendants too 

• Like 1

My wife volunteers to help at vaccination places and they've actually had anti-vax morons protesting outside, shouting abuse at patients, staff and volunteers. Apparently it's not good enough to just to be an ignorant idiot who is harmful to society, they can't even tolerate other people doing the right thing. The mental gymnastics required to reach this viewpoint just boggles the mind. 

@Iwans Big Toe just a tip: stop believing everything you read on social media. These people are barely literate, let alone literate in immunology. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, City 2nd said:

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I can understand your fear but for your reasoning to be logical you shouldn't be going anywhere outside your home. Or letting anyone in it.

If you're worried about Covid for whatever reason I don't think it's unreasonable to to give a social activity a swerve.

Visiting Carrow Rd is not an essential activity and the way we've been playing lately those that are going probably won't be doing much for their stress levels 😀

The only people being ignorant I can see here are those that are resorting to throwing insults insults from the safety of their keyboard and those that will only be happy if others give up their freedoms because of their fears, not realising that their freedoms will be next. If you are so desperate to live under a totalitarian regime, there are plenty out there. Australia and Canada would probably suit. If they aren't harsh enough for you, try China or North Korea. 

Get out of your left wing echo chamber, look at arguments on both sides. Try having a reasonable debate, without resorting to name calling. If you still don't see anything suspicious I can't help you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

The vaccines were developed to stop you being seriously ill, if they stopped you catching it or transmitting it ( as they do to a small degree ) that would have been a huge bonus that was not expected. 
As was shown at Wembley during the Euros it is not exactly difficult to claim a negative LF test when it is positive, they rely on trust.

Being boosted I have full trust in the vaccine to offer protection of serious illness, so after careful consideration I shall be attending on Boxing Day as I feel working for the NHS I will catch the new variant at sometime, so the vaccine will need to hold up at some point. 
The problem with catching it is we can’t work, so if we have huge numbers, there will be a lot of work absence.

Working for the NHS I test every day.

This is probably the most interesting post on here.  Like you I will attend on Boxing Day being fully boosted, jabbed etc and I will wear a mask throughout.  Was absolutely appalled at the lack of masks in the concourses (and lounges) at the United and Villa home matches (despite the email from the club saying that the wearing of masks in these locations was mandatory).  However, I couldn't see any signs at the turnstiles pointing this out and none of the stewarding staff were enforcing it so what was the point of the email.  Looking at the stats for Omicron (and I am a firm believer in protecting oneself for my own sake and for those around me) I am sceptical about the health implications of this latest variant.  There hasn't been a wave of Omicron deaths or hospitalisations in South Africa (where their vaccination rate is significantly worse than ours) and the symptoms appear largely mild.  The problem comes with the compulsory isolation if you test positive which puts a severe strain on society and the economy by reducing a huge chunk of the working population (especially  critical in the health and care sectors).  The other factor at play now is the 'one  rule for them and one rule for us' that Clown Boris has inspired so I can't  see that those who religiously followed all the rules or advice over the past two years will be that  keen to  follow suit next time round if further, more Draconian, measures are introduced.  We can but wait and see.

• Like 1