Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Carrow road.. Such a disappointment

That looks pathetic…£10 to get in , £2.50 each for the 2 rides and then £14.50 for a plastic rink…..shocking

This type of thing generally turns out to be rubbish.  Every year the media are full of stories about overpriced so-called winter wonderlands with bored-looking elves, surly santas, disappointing reindeer, soggy “festive” burgers etc.  I’m amazed anyone still bothers to go.

Oh for f sake . I walked passed that today. It is dire . A plastic ice rink , a bus to catch covid in , and some dead trees. 

And now CC has bought it to the attention of the Binners . 

They will love this . 

29 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

thumbnail-img-2881.jpg

At least they got to see this beautiful Christmas tree!

🤣🤣 it’s a metaphoric art piece for all of our lives right now 

It’s absolutely fair enough to try new things out - NCFC has plenty of unused space so why not, and some things will work out and others won’t.  The only thing you have to do is to try to ensure that whatever it is isn’t going to be garbage….

Update 

there are currently 3 people “skating” and the live music stage is empty . I think Fat Ted has given up the ghost with his “street food” ( burger and chips presumably) . The   Play Bus looks anything but. 

I reckon Ben Kensell will get the blame for this . 

1 hour ago, city4eva said:

That looks pathetic…£10 to get in , £2.50 each for the 2 rides and then £14.50 for a plastic rink…..shocking

Sounds expensive but you’ve got to see it from the club’s point of view.

£29.50 in total for the full whack at the fair is still no more than what you would expect to pay for a one off ticket to a home game, and having been to the Villa game last Tuesday I could make a strong case for this fair at least being as fine an experience if not better.

Great value if you ask me and good on the club for offering genuine alternatives to rival the live matchday experience at Carrow Road.

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Update 

there are currently 3 people “skating” and the live music stage is empty . I think Fat Ted has given up the ghost with his “street food” ( burger and chips presumably) . The   Play Bus looks anything but. 

I reckon Ben Kensell will get the blame for this . 

Further update:

The club have sent out Josh Sargent to help deescalate the situation at the ice rink. He's keeping the skating children entertained with his various prat falls and has tripped over his own feet several times - all this has occurred while he's just been walking through the car park; he has yet to actually get into the ice rink. An ambulance is on standby for when he does.

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Hopefully this was nothing to do with the club? As in, I’m hoping they rented out the space to a third party and had nothing to do with the planning aspect. 

If they were involved, it’s an utter disgrace and they deserve all the ridicule they get. Simply no excuses to get it so wrong. Renting out the space to someone else without making sure they can actually put on the event that’s promised isn’t great either, but I would like to think we wouldn’t have anything to do with putting this sh1tshow on. 

As someone mentioned above, this happens with Christmas events all the time. People seem to think they can make big money with very little effort, and whilst that may be true in some cases, when you’re trying to wing it on as little money as possible it very often simply leads to endless complaints, negative local press coverage and ridicule, and ends up with blanket refunds and a big loss being made.

Edited by Hoolahoop14
  • Like 1

First Cantwell going around Dereham charging kids for wrapped up mementos (used Alice bands, stud tighteners, nodding Daniel Farke dolls) now this Xmas grotto farce at the ground… Webber’s really plumbing new depths to raise some cash for a new attacking mid. Next thing you know he’ll be on here masquerading as Pete Raven asking us to donate £2 a month for exclusive and live updates on the Pink Un…  

oh wait…

Further further update:

Pukki has now arrived at Carrow Road to offer his support looking after the reindeer. Unfortunately, he has slit their throats, skinned them and then cooked them over a roaring fire on a spit.

He is currently educating the crying children and their shocked parents that reindeer are found in Finland's northern province of Lapland and their meat is one of the healthiest foods you can put on your plate (according to recent studies)...and it's also delicious! Namia!

Pukki was last seen gobbling down a reindeer leg with a side of mashed potatoes.

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Absolute shambles from what I've seen and heard. Never understand these events where you have to pay money to get in... to spend more money. Make the entry free then it allows people to choose to spend their money or not

43 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Should have got in Sammy Snake...

YouTube- Phoenix Nights - Sammy The Snake.mp4 animated gif

"SAMMY SNAKE?! IT'S ONLY GOT ONE EYE!"

"It's a 20ft c0ck and balls man!"

OTBC

My first thought!

2 hours ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Further update:

The club have sent out Josh Sargent to help deescalate the situation at the ice ring. He's keeping the skating children entertained with his various prat falls and has tripped over his own feet several times - all this has occurred while he's just been walking through the car park; he has yet to actually get into the ice ring. An ambulance is on standby for when he does.

OTBC

The wife and I went this morning and it was very poor but thank you Disco this did make me 😊 

• Like 1