TIL 1010

R.I.P. Lil Kemp.

Sadly the dear old lady and an absolute Legend of a Norwich fan passed away today.There won't be another like her and may she now rest in peace.

• Thanks 11

Remember going to Old Trafford think it was 1968/69 when we beat the almighty United 2-1 in the cup( Don Heath/ Gordon Bolland scored Dennis Law scored a over head kick goal) it was my very first away game travelling on the Mascot coaches on Vulcan rd.lil was the first person to make me aware of her knowledge of Norwich RIP Lil

I remember meeting Lil at an away game and knew of her legendary status amongst Norwich fans, she was a lovely lady and will be sorely missed and I hope the club do something in her memory/honour on Saturday and beyond, she deserves it 

RIP Lil OTBC x 

Saw the lady with the badges at Filbert Street with her friend back in the 90s. Glad I spoke and asked if she was confident. she said not really and was correct as we lost 1.0. RIP Mrs Norwich City. 

May be an image of 3 people and people standing

I don't know the date and cannot remember where, come to that i cannot recall if the pie was up to a lot but Lil as we all remember her.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

We have so many arguments on here about what makes you a superfan. I think we can all agree they don’t get any better than Lil Kemp.

RIP Lil. Norwich City FC legend.

Well said! 

RIP Lilly. 

• Like 2

Although I never met Lil, I knew who she was by reputation – one of the most loyal and dedicated NCFC fans ever. Would love to see Carrow Road give her a proper send-off on Boxing Day. Rest in peace, Lil.

This is horribly sad.  Have known Lil from the late 60s onwards and had the privilege of interviewing her not long before Covid hit.  Always stopped to have a chat when I passed her in the Lower Barclay before home games - gutted that I couldn't say a last goodbye.  Absolute treasure and as much a legend as any former player.  If anyone deserves a statue outside Carrow Road it's Lil.  Love to see her scarf and badges preserved for posterity - deserves to be in the City trophy cabinet!

RIP Lil - you will be sorely  missed.

• Like 2

Very sad to hear.  In fact, genuinely heart-breaking when I think to her and Pat knowing that neither are here now. 😞

Players, managers, owners, all come and go, but legends are forever. 

Remember her as a kid sitting on my dads shoulders walking to the ground and now have 3 of my own.  So down to earth and humble, so let's embarrass her with applause on Sunday!  100% deserved.

Edited by Google Bot

Such sad news. First met Lil in the 80s, a lovely lady and a legend amongst the fanbase of Norwich City. It was an honour to present her with the Fan of the Season award in 2018. Rest well Lil, you'll be missed 💛💚

A truly great example of a real football supporter following their team all over the country in all weather for many many years. RIP.