Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Christmas Points Haul

I’ve got to be honest. Our festive form is as traditional as Christmas dinner, so I’m predicting 0 (zero) points over crimbo.

• Like 1

There was a previous thread with this in. So far we’ve got a big fat zilch. And I don’t see that changing. The “shock result” has yet to come and with all the delays and chopping and changing we’ve lost momentum and form. 

Sadly it is a maximum of only one point from me. Our Covid cases and injuries are not going to help us for sure. 

Other reasons: We always lose on Boxing Day and the gunners are in top form currently. Even when we were on the way to winning the title in league one all those years ago now and the recent Championship title seasons we still managed to lose or drop points on Boxing Day. Our record at Selhurst Park is abysmal and Leicester have found form and are effectively a top six side.

I wish I could be more optimistic, this is simply realism. Perhaps one point is actually being optimistic. Please convince me otherwise. Maybe Dean Smith will be able to turn around our normal Christmas form? I do hope so! 

And I can see us putting out our under 23s team for the FA Cup game. 

Just an observation, we need some threat first..... Playing Williams is a waste of time, we are never going to offer any threat down the left..... its like watching Gibson and Williams have their own little kickabout, then hoping desperately for a 0-0 ... Giannoulis has to play regardless that Williams is the better defender....  we have to gamble with someone that might get some crosses and passes in the box, its a no brainer.    Come to think of it, aren't we better off prioritising our own players rather than loanees, the only one that's improved us is Normann.   

9 points... gotta believe! 

Edited by ged in the onion bag

Covid cases should have been cleared by 26th December (10 day isolation) unless complications.  Or even another epidemic of players and staff of the pandemic.

I'm going for a generous zero points and 6-10 goal difference.

On 20/12/2021 at 18:01, Danke bitte said:

There was a previous thread with this in. So far we’ve got a big fat zilch. And I don’t see that changing. The “shock result” has yet to come and with all the delays and chopping and changing we’ve lost momentum and form. 

Shock result, not happening this season.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

4 or 6.

Beat Arsenal.

Draw or win against Palace.

Narrow defeat to Leicester.

My turn on the eggnog now Yellow Green Army… (hic!)