Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Poor Onel Hernández..

2 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Surely if the goals been called back for offside then the yellow card should have been rescinded? 

Not so sure. The rule is that a yellow is issued when a player takes their top off, not specifically if that happens to be after they score a goal. 

15 minutes ago, JB said:

Not so sure. The rule is that a yellow is issued when a player takes their top off, not specifically if that happens to be after they score a goal. 

Agreed. I think they cover that at the end of the video clip.

10 hours ago, JB said:

Fair point I suppose, but I've seen a red card this season, can't remember which game, overturned because VAR called play back for a offside.... 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

Fair point I suppose, but I've seen a red card this season, can't remember which game, overturned because VAR called play back for a offside.... 🤷‍♂️

Klose had a red overturned, when, after var his offence was ruled to have occurred after play was stopped. 

Removing your shirt is slightly different though. 

47 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Klose had a red overturned, when, after var his offence was ruled to have occurred after play was stopped. 

Removing your shirt is slightly different though. 

Not really if play is deemed to have stopped by VAR then it's stopped. Once Onel is offside play then officially stops, should have been rescinded no question at all 🤷‍♂️

28 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Not really if play is deemed to have stopped by VAR then it's stopped. Once Onel is offside play then officially stops, should have been rescinded no question at all 🤷‍♂️

Taking the shirt off is not permitted at any time. Irrespective of the status of play. I do get your point though. 

I guess with VAR taking so long on occasions, they dont want the situation when everyone scores, and knows VAR will look at it, they get a free hit and taking shirts off to reveal personal messages / unofficial sponsorships / slogans and the like. Remember that the reason they cannot take shirts off and the EPL Are protecting the brand. 

If you applied your logic, you could have people taking shirts off whilst waiting for play to resume from every corner / goal kick / free kick, throw in etc. No one wants that. 

Edited by Greavsy

Every player knows that it's a bookable offence for which referees have no choice in enforcing so anyone doing so deserves a card for sheer stupidity 🙄

5 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

It’s pretty clear here, the yellow card will not be rescinded.

F6263B06-968F-4D04-9674-7D3B274E0514.jpeg

I thought they booked players who took their shirts off because it offended certain cultures? But covering your head with the shirt ? What’s that all about ? 

Update: found this . still can’t see why you can’t cover your head?

1. Players should not be celebrating excessively
  2. Unable to identify the player
  3. Players may send political messages
  4. Players may send personal messages
  5. Sponsors want their brands to be captured all the time
  6. Certain cultures, countries or religions may be offended
Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

18 hours ago, C.I.D said:

Every player knows that it's a bookable offence for which referees have no choice in enforcing so anyone doing so deserves a card for sheer stupidity 🙄

I'm not sure about handing cards out for stupidity - surely any player who signs a contact with Ipswich Town would be on a booking before they even set foot on the pitch. 😉

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I thought they booked players who took their shirts off because it offended certain cultures? But covering your head with the shirt ? What’s that all about ? 

Update: found this . still can’t see why you can’t cover your head?

1. Players should not be celebrating excessively
  2. Unable to identify the player
  3. Players may send political messages
  4. Players may send personal messages
  5. Sponsors want their brands to be captured all the time
  6. Certain cultures, countries or religions may be offended

I think it’s because originally the law only mentioned removing the shirt so players started to only lift the shirt up partway to avoid being booked-I guess the reasoning is that you have to lift the shirt to at least your head to reveal any messages underneath-although presumably it’s possible to roll up your shirt to reveal a message without taking it over your head?

• Like 1

Ok my question to this is. When during the game do rules not apply I have seen red and yellow cards given after the final whistle but have never seen a card given for removing a shirt after the final whistle, so why does that rule not apply then. But others do.just asking

Although this is a light hearted example it just shows that the rest of the rules haven’t been re examined after the introduction of VAR.