Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Should this have been a red card?

100% should have walked.  Our player would have been sent off twice for making the same tackle.

Although not complaining as he's in my fantasy team, as he's so 'world class' he's overdue taking his tally of goals to a heady "two" for the season.

Refereeing standards are so poor it's unreal. 

Genuinely, I don't think there are any conspiracies or even favouritism. I just think refs are clueless. VAR just makes them worse because there is a comfort in making the errors which are not then corrected. It is staggering that he was not sent off for that challenge.

I haven't seen a referee fully in control of a game yet this season; there seems to be a collective level of incompetence.

• Like 2

It's one of them that VAR is never going to upgrade, but wouldn't have downgraded either had a red been given. 

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

https://mixture.gg/v/61bf62bf8ef77

Let the debate begin..

There’s a simple decision tree that can help here. 

Is it probably a red card?

If yes, is it a Norwich player? Yes then red card issued

Is it the England captain? If yes then clearly it’s a fair challenge

Same for the push for the Liverpool penalty that wasn’t given. Had that been a Norwich player making the push, what would the result have been do you think?

Edited by Canary Jedi
  • Like 2

Jesus, how’s it even a debate? What the hell is the point in VAR, did they recommend he take a look not watching the game? I’ve no idea how he can watch that again and not give a red.

• Like 1

Again at a total loss to what VAR is actually for. Definite Red and stonewall penalty, funny though!

40 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Refereeing standards are so poor it's unreal. 

Genuinely, I don't think there are any conspiracies or even favouritism. I just think refs are clueless. VAR just makes them worse because there is a comfort in making the errors which are not then corrected. It is staggering that he was not sent off for that challenge.

I haven't seen a referee fully in control of a game yet this season; there seems to be a collective level of incompetence.

They are clearly biased in my opinion but I agree with you. Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity, or cowardice in some referees case. 

That would've been one of the softer tackles when I played school vs school football! 🙂 

Our Captain's rousing pre-match message seconds before each KO was: "Remember lads. if you can't get the man, get the ball!". That ironic intent used to get a chuckle, however we were programmed to compete physically that's for sure. The other side played in a similar manner, which is why we needed to match them if we wanted to win.

Nowadays it's a different world. Kane was out-of-control (unable to pull-out of the challenge), so it should've been an instant red card.

• Like 1

So VAR has done anything but provide consistency..it looks more pathetic every time it makes another wrong decision.

What an utterly awful referee, Kane’s was full force studs through the player and not reviewed, Robertson was borderline red and reviewed to a red! Inconsistent to say the least……..