Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Come Jan

I'd be surprised if Webber hadn't given Smith some assurances of funds for Jan window as part of recruiting him, but what would you want/think we should do come the Jan transfer window.

IMO I'd like to see Gilmour returned to free up a loan spot. I just think he's a complete luxury and hasn't set the world alight in the way we'd hope. Still think he's too lightweight for our midfield, so hope Smith can find a replacement loan or buy that adds some grit to our midfield

Also not sure about Kabak, but it's whether you can find a loan/buy that adds more solidity to Hanley, Omo & Gibson

Also would hope to see an upgrade on Mclean, either another box to box, but someone that adds goals, something Kenny doesn't really provide.

No idea where Cantwell is, or what should happen with him. IMO he shouldn't be in 1st team, and needs to show he's really up for it through training, but we desperately need someone to provide goals other than Pukki. Feel Idah should go out on loan and don't feel Hugill is an option to improve us, so we need an alternative or addition to Pukki and Sargent.

If Smith could find some old fashioned battlers it might give us a better chance, and he'd want to start putting his stamp on this, his team now    

A striker is needed. As is a creative midfielder, I'm sick of seeing McLean and Rupp week in week out.

We need two players to give ourselves a chance: a striker and a centre-mid.

Striker: Liam Delap on loan from Man City / Take a look at this 24-year old, dubbed 'the next Jamie Vardy' last season, and has scored 18 in 18 this season for Chesterfield in the National League. 

Centre-Mid: Release Gilmour to free-up a loan slot (see above for one possible option) for a midfielder or striker. Bring in a midfielder who can hold their own physically but this doesn't have to be their main strength. The main ingredient must be that the player can carry the ball 10-15 yards and ideally play on the half-turn. Someone akin to Sissoko at Watford. 

Edited by Bovril