4 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

How on Earth is that not a penalty???? 

Exactly, a much clearer penalty than the Ronaldo theatrics last week, again the corrupt premier league system closes ranks behind the big clubs

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Big six and VAR. Say no more.

I don't like either side, but looked like Fraser ran into the keeper well after the ball had gone on the slow motion replay.

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

It wasn’t a clear and obvious error 😉😁

We'll yeah, I suppose he needed to add screaming banshee noises, or the Ronaldo as I call it for added effect to get the pen. 😁

Not that I wanted them to get it obviously, but what a nonsense decision. 

• Like 1

and a game in hand on them now. If we can get our players fit, then starting to feel the likes of Newcastle, Watford, Burnley, Leeds are all there for us to overtake

We won't get a better chance of staying up in this league but we obviously need something to change, i.e - scoring goals!

There's so much dross down there this season, us included, but at least we can feasibly say there are more than 3 other teams just as bad as us.

1 minute ago, alex_ncfc said:

We won't get a better chance of staying up in this league but we obviously need something to change, i.e - scoring goals!

There's so much dross down there this season, us included, but at least we can feasibly say there are more than 3 other teams just as bad as us.

Agreed. The club needs to support Smith though and clearly we need another striker. It will be very frustrating to go down with the League's bottom 5 looking as weak as they have ever done.

Feel disappointed we're 17 games in and haven't had a real chance  to see Rash & Normann and Tzolis firing on all cylinders.  

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Until the transfer window opens 😉

Haah exactly that, then they'll be worse

Edited by Ward 3

49 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Until the transfer window opens 😉

Nah, this has got QPR written all over it. 

41 goals conceded by Newcastle and not even half way through the season.

A few weeks ago the media was all about how Norwich had conceded so many goals... now two teams have conceded more than us.

To be fair they aren't bad going forward one or two defenders and they'll probably be fine. 

You can bung £50m out on a Saint maximin type player and plonk him in, wind him up, let him go. I don't see how they are going to construct an organised defence quickly. Yes individuals may be improved upon but a decent back 4 requires more organisation. On top of that, is Eddie howe the right man? 

I don't think the money will have a fast enough turn around in fortune for them. They are going down. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bluefloyd said:

You can bung £50m out on a Saint maximin type player and plonk him in, wind him up, let him go. I don't see how they are going to construct an organised defence quickly. Yes individuals may be improved upon but a decent back 4 requires more organisation. On top of that, is Eddie howe the right man? 

I don't think the money will have a fast enough turn around in fortune for them. They are going down. 

We need to quickly decide whether we want the Toon to be relegated or not.

This will be a decision based upon our own fortunes over the next few weeks.

If, by then, yet another relegation for Norwich seems certain (and we cannot exist with no-man's land thinking for long now, ) then we should want Newcastle to escape the drop.

Imagine what a force they would be in the Championship once Howe has used the money at his disposal to strengthen (especially that defence.)

We need to think yo-yo. That is our model, apparently. With, above all others, Newcastle to compete with  our recent dominance of the Chumps will be very much threatened, even if our probable and gradual decline is not on the cards in any case.

Eddie Howe would be excellent for them in the Championship but, like you, I am underwhelmed about him as a force at Premier League level.

Likewise, Dean Smith could be City's trump card in our attempt to get back instantly.

19 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

We need to quickly decide whether we want the Toon to be relegated or not.

This will be a decision based upon our own fortunes over the next few weeks.

If, by then, yet another relegation for Norwich seems certain (and we cannot exist with no-man's land thinking for long now, ) then we should want Newcastle to escape the drop.

Imagine what a force they would be in the Championship once Howe has used the money at his disposal to strengthen (especially that defence.)

We need to think yo-yo. That is our model, apparently. With, above all others, Newcastle to compete with  our recent dominance of the Chumps will be very much threatened, even if our probable and gradual decline is not on the cards in any case.

Eddie Howe would be excellent for them in the Championship but, like you, I am underwhelmed about him as a force at Premier League level.

Likewise, Dean Smith could be City's trump card in our attempt to get back instantly.

I'll be interested to see how long the new owners interest lasts though with them playing a year in the Championship, 11 men behind the ball against them every week, kicking lumps out of their players.