Pugin

Managers meeting tomorrow to discuss Boxing Day postponement

I would like to think this is a bit of an exclusive, but it probably isn't. There's a meeting tomorrow which will involve EPL officials and managers to discuss calling off all Boxing Day games.

Sounds like curtaIns for the Arsenal game 😞

Edited by Pugin
Spelling

I suspect it’ll be games over Christmas canned and behind closed doors in the New Year, hope I’m wrong though!

11 minutes ago, Pugin said:

I would like to think this is a bit of an exclusive, but it probably isn't. There's a meeting tomorrow which will involve EPL officials and managers to discuss calling off all Boxing Day games.

Is this the meeting they were going to have on Monday brought forward? If so what about the managers of teams who are actually playing tomorrow ( assuming their games don’t get called off)?

38 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Haven't watched the darts but that is normally a raucous event with very close contact. Are they wearing masks. Is it hospitality or sport?

No masks as everyone is drinking

2 hours ago, Pugin said:

I would say this is a bit of an exclusive as i cannot find a thread started by cambridge on the matter. 😜

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Haha 2

They all want a quiet Christmas period. Close training facilities exercise from home... i also bet ronaldo has covid that's why man u get games called off so early 

Has anyone heard anything from this meeting?

There were headlines this morning but I have not seen anything since.

P.S. Does anyone know if the car park is open at County Hall for the Arsenal game?

13 minutes ago, thevicar said:

Has anyone heard anything from this meeting?

There were headlines this morning but I have not seen anything since.

P.S. Does anyone know if the car park is open at County Hall for the Arsenal game?

Liverpool & Leeds,  Wolves & Watford are now both off.

Due to Covid. Though it might be something to do with the names staring with the same letter. I expect they'll be others.

Edited by RobJames

It was mentioned earlier on the radio that the level criteria for postponing matches was explained to the clubs and as a result they expected more matches to be called off. 

After all how can you expect clubs like Liverpool with only 16 fit full internationals available to field a team

• Like 2