Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

U 23s In Action

21 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Isn’t Rowe the wonderkind who’s been scoring for fun?

Rowe, Kamara and Dickson Peters are having big scoring seasons 

25 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Yes, all three of them are scoring lots of goals and looking really promising. But those people saying they should be playing for the first team just don't understand. The step up from U23s to the Premier League is massive. Tyrese Omotoye scored plenty for the U23s last season. He's since been to Swindon then Orient on loan and can hardly get a game. Josh Martin can hardly get a game at MK Dons. They have to be given time to develop - just like the 20 year old Adam Idah needs to be given time to develop. 

19 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Surely any one of these 3 have to be worth a go over Idah? 

12 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

No, No, really they don't. As I've said above they're all excellent prospects, but they're miles behind Idah in terms of pace and physicality - give them time to develop and don't burden them with unrealistic expectations.

• Like 1

Just now, Thirsty Lizard said:

but they're miles behind Idah in terms of pace and physicality -

**** me, if that's true I'd suggest they try a different career path..... 😏

13 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

**** me, if that's true I'd suggest they try a different career path..... 😏

Believe me - all three of them are following exactly the right career path for them - they're three very talented young players - but at this moment in time  they're all well behind Idah. It can sometimes change very quickly though - look at the giant strides in a short pace of time that Cantwell made a couple of seasons back and that Omobamidele made at the end of last season/beginning of this. 

• Like 1

Very sad to see how some can use the good form of our youngsters as an opportunity to ridicule some of our older youth products. 

Idah did well as a sub the other night. Out of the three in the U23's, I think Rowe has the best chance. 

Although last season I thought the same about Martin and Omotoye. 

Edited by curious yellow

7 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

Very sad to see how some can use the good form of our youngsters as an opportunity to ridicule some of our older youth products. 

Idah did well as a sub the other night. Out of the three in the U23's, I think Rowe has the best chance. 

Although last season I thought the same about Martin and Omotoye. 

Calm down chap, it was clearly tongue-in-cheek 🙄

2 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

Oh right, clearly - like Idah never gets any criticism on here. 

Amam Dihah will never be a top level player 

Edited by mastoola

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

No, No, really they don't. As I've said above they're all excellent prospects, but they're miles behind Idah in terms of pace and physicality - give them time to develop and don't burden them with unrealistic expectations.

Can they trap, pass and shoot..something Idah is woeful at.. anyone is worth a chance over him

26 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And we all said the same about Kane

Perhaps that is why playing 20 year old strikers in the Premier League is not a good idea as even soccer bot won't bail them out?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Perhaps that is why playing 20 year old strikers in the Premier League is not a good idea as even soccer bot won't bail them out?

Didn't do Villa any harm playing one 

3 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Yes, all three of them are scoring lots of goals and looking really promising. But those people saying they should be playing for the first team just don't understand. The step up from U23s to the Premier League is massive. Tyrese Omotoye scored plenty for the U23s last season. He's since been to Swindon then Orient on loan and can hardly get a game. Josh Martin can hardly get a game at MK Dons. They have to be given time to develop - just like the 20 year old Adam Idah needs to be given time to develop. 

I never suggested Rowe would be ready for 1st team football I was just curious as to who was doing what in the youth team, since we’re likely be blooding some of them in the first team in the Champ next season. A lot of folks moan about the club, me included, but one thing I don’t moan about is the conveyor for academy to first team players. What id love to see is a super striker though. One position we seem unable to develop. 

9 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Definitely, they aren’t going to be ready yet. But training with the first team will not do them any harm at all

9 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Idah isn’t the biggest of our problems currently. If we could create him more than a chance a game, it would be a good start

Some youngsters relish it and prove their worth. There are many examples of teenagers stepping up, in the same way as 19 year old Andrew Omobamidele has for us.

10 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

I never suggested Rowe would be ready for 1st team football I was just curious as to who was doing what in the youth team, since we’re likely be blooding some of them in the first team in the Champ next season. A lot of folks moan about the club, me included, but one thing I don’t moan about is the conveyor for academy to first team players. What id love to see is a super striker though. One position we seem unable to develop. 

Sure, my comment wasn't aimed at you. Depending on who is fit and available etc I wouldn't be against giving some game time to players like Rowe, Dickson-Peters and Kamara in the FA Cup game against Charlton. 

4 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Definitely, they aren’t going to be ready yet. But training with the first team will not do them any harm at all

Yes, totally agree with that. 

13 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Believe me - all three of them are following exactly the right career path for them - they're three very talented young players - but at this moment in time  they're all well behind Idah. It can sometimes change very quickly though - look at the giant strides in a short pace of time that Cantwell made a couple of seasons back and that Omobamidele made at the end of last season/beginning of this. 

Trouble is that next step will only come with the intense training with the first team squad and getting that push into the first team. Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool and all teams have faith in their youngsters we need to do the same.

None of us thought Omobamdele would take his chance at the time, till they’re put into that chance none of us know what they can do. It’s amazing how some players taste that first team and bound on in strides.

I certainly don’t like to overlook any youngster performing well in his natural position  for a player in his lat 20’s injured for 18 months and played out of position. 

Edited by Indy

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Trouble is that next step will only come with the intense training with the first team squad and getting that push into the first team. Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool and all teams have faith in their youngsters we need to do the same.

None of us thought Omobamdele would take his chance at the time, till they’re put into that chance none of us know what they can do. It’s amazing how some players taste that first team and bound on in strides.

I certainly don’t like to overlook any youngster performing well in his natural position  for a player in his lat 20’s injured for 18 months and played out of position. 

I really don't get what you're trying to say here. Kamara, Dickson-Peters and Rowe are all forwards. Byram was played in central midfield the other night. Sorensen would clearly be played ahead of Byram in this position - it's just that Sorensen had to move back to fill in as an emergency central defender when Kabak went off injured. 

Think they need to consider Dickson Peters soon, coming to end of contract and will need encouragement to stay.  Others are teenagers I understand.

It's amazing how critical are being of Idah. He has been deprived of a loan to get a chance to learn the ropes and he's largely been restricted to late cameos when he has played for us.

This season, he's playing against PL defences for a team that creates very few goal scoring opportunities.