Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Mike Dean..

Oh yes.....If it was a red player on the floor and a Geordie scored he'd have disallowed the goal....Red's 2-1 up now.....soft goal....

• Like 1

Hayden didn't even have a head injury, he was faking it. Serves him right. Just because a couple of players collide, it's not compulsory to stop the game.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Fuzzar said:

Hayden didn't even have a head injury, he was faking it. Serves him right. Just because a couple of players collide, it's not compulsory to stop the game.

This is the reality . Players feigning injury is the lowest of the low , and none of the pundits dare mention it. 

Howes said after the game Hayden was “dazed” ? Begs the question why a caring medical support team didn’t apparently follow any concussion protocol,  and let him stay in the pitch . 

The latest episode of “Let’s All Cheat” at Carrow Road were myriad injuries for Villa players - none of which had to go off . 

This is the worst part of football . 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

This is the reality . Players feigning injury is the lowest of the low , and none of the pundits dare mention it. 

Howes said after the game Hayden was “dazed” ? Begs the question why a caring medical support team didn’t apparently follow any concussion protocol,  and let him stay in the pitch . 

The latest episode of “Let’s All Cheat” at Carrow Road were myriad injuries for Villa players - none of which had to go off . 

Couldn't agree more, what makes it worse is how easy it would be to stamp it all out! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I  have been banging this drum for ages

It has spoilt my enjoyment of football

The weakness of referees hasn't helped either.

Edited by Grumpy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Ditto

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

I do feel quite a bit of sympathy for refs though- for whatever reason football of all sports is the absolute worst for constant cheating- players just constantly trying to con refs throughout the game from little things like gaining a yard or two on throw ins to the big things like diving for penalties or going down like you've been shot when a stray hand brushes your face. It's insidious at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Fuzzar said:

Absolutely this, Mike Dean was spot on with his application of the rules as far as I could see. VAR looked at it and decided nothing warranted the goal being ruled out, and rightly so

1 minute ago, AJ said:

Absolutely this, Mike Dean was spot on with his application of the rules as far as I could see. VAR looked at it and decided nothing warranted the goal being ruled out, and rightly so

Havent seen the incident, but that wouldn't be worthy of @cambridgeshire canary starting yet another thread.

• Haha 1

About time somebody said "for fcuks sake get up you plonker". Why do they kick the ball out of play so much for someone rolling around on the field because he has had a bang? Half the time, the player is feigning injury to get someone booked or sent off.

Max on Tuesday night was trying to hide he had handled the ball.

55 minutes ago, king canary said:

I do feel quite a bit of sympathy for refs though- for whatever reason football of all sports is the absolute worst for constant cheating- players just constantly trying to con refs throughout the game from little things like gaining a yard or two on throw ins to the big things like diving for penalties or going down like you've been shot when a stray hand brushes your face. It's insidious at this point. 

I don't have that same element of sympathy. They ought to, as a collective, bang on to the authorities to effect change in the Laws/application of etc. The Refs are the ones getting the dogs abuse from the crowd (as I haven't seen any Insulate Britain type protests, from fans, outside the football rule makers offices, so the Refs are the easy target) and it smacks of the Refs protecting their own jobs, or their bosses. If the Refs do not ask for change, and are happy for the status quo, then the abuse will carry on, so they need to get changes implemented, because, as we know, the top dogs are only interested in the money. They don't have the same element of care or emotional investment that fans have for the 'beautiful' game.

• Like 2

The rules are already in place to deal with all of this, but referees remain useless at implementing them. The go to response to a player staying down is to stop play - the Eriksen incident simply reinforced that. When (if) if becomes clear that the player is feigning injury they should be cautioned.

I don't recall ever seeing that happen.

McGinn should have been booked on Tuesday for this. But then Villa are unsurprisingly turning into Liverpool with the ball carrying, delaying, breaking up play, pretending etc. If Konsa had been booked for doing it in the first 5 minutes the ref could have stopped it, but chose not to. 

• Like 2

Pundits ;  if he feels contact he has the right to go down....... 

Also pundits : he's gone down too easily there......

4 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

The rules are already in place to deal with all of this, but referees remain useless at implementing them. The go to response to a player staying down is to stop play - the Eriksen incident simply reinforced that. When (if) if becomes clear that the player is feigning injury they should be cautioned.

I don't recall ever seeing that happen.

McGinn should have been booked on Tuesday for this. But then Villa are unsurprisingly turning into Liverpool with the ball carrying, delaying, breaking up play, pretending etc. If Konsa had been booked for doing it in the first 5 minutes the ref could have stopped it, but chose not to. 

This is the root of the matter . 

Referees and the administrators have their snouts in the same trough as the rest of football. POGML doesn’t want to rock the boat . As you say it’s easy to stop it - and Dean last night took a look at Hayden and thought (probably correctly) that he did not have a  head injury . Dean was proven correct . Hayden played on for the rest of the match. 

In no other walk of life would someone be assessed for a head injury , in such a haphazard manner . No check for pupil dilation ? No sitting out for 10 mins to assess shock? skin discolouration? Dizziness?  So what actually is the point with the two clowns that run on with medical  bags and talk into microphones, other than stoping the game ? The trainers are as culpable as anyone else . They are there to waste time too. 

Everyone knows that players feign injury but no one does anything about it . 

If it happens in the other box, Liverpool get the game stopped. The big clubs all got dubious penalty decisions last week. I think the refs in the Premier 100% look after the big teams. Corrupt or incompetent you decide...

• Like 2

We need to replace "pundits" like Keown / Shearer with fans and people not schooled in the "he is going down but its a penalty" absolute bo*****s

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

At this rate you're gonna be making more posts about me making threads then threads I make!😉

You'll be getting a PM at this rate..... 

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

If it happens in the other box, Liverpool get the game stopped. The big clubs all got dubious penalty decisions last week. I think the refs in the Premier 100% look after the big teams. Corrupt or incompetent you decide...

Incompetent for me.

They kowtow to their employers. They do not have a backbone. There is more than one who looks like they were always the last kid to be picked for a side in P.E. and they would have wanted to be in a classroom, rather than near a sports pitch. Being a Ref is a chance for them to, at last, inflict revenge and one up man ship, on the 'cool kids'.

33 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Incompetent for me.

They kowtow to their employers. They do not have a backbone. There is more than one who looks like they were always the last kid to be picked for a side in P.E. and they would have wanted to be in a classroom, rather than near a sports pitch. Being a Ref is a chance for them to, at last, inflict revenge and one up man ship, on the 'cool kids'.

What a childish outlook. I'm sure most people grow out of that sort of playground mentality when they leave school... 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

We need to replace "pundits" like Keown / Shearer with fans and people not schooled in the "he is going down but its a penalty" absolute bo*****s

Well Chris Sutton is one pundit who calls out this type of stuff, but elsewhere on this board he is being targeted and told to "shut your mouth". Can we have it both ways?

The thing is, with VAR they could very easily stamp these kinds of thing out whether that be retrospective action after the game or during if it gets spotted. It was interesting to see the Everton youngster dive last night in full knowledge that VAR would spot there was absolutely no contact even if the ref wasn't sure (he was...)