Sign in to follow this  
Pugin

Man who believed himself too good to play for England 'B'...

...believes that Todd may be getting ideas above his station.

Hmmmm. An interesting observation by Mr Sutton. Just saying.

(I love 'em both, really). But Chris is a subject matter expert, without doubt.

3 minutes ago, Pugin said:

...believes that Todd may be getting ideas above his station.

Hmmmm. An interesting observation by Mr Sutton. Just saying.

(I love 'em both, really). But Chris is a subject matter expert, without doubt.

I guess you could argue that Suttons England B experience makes him better qualified, with the benefit of hindsight to pass judgement on the Cantwell situation.

• Like 2

You could argue it puts him in a good position to make such judgements?

My lasting memory of Sutton leaving here was his final night out and got himself arrested, didn't he attack an aerial on a Mini or something?  He was incredibly arrogant around the city around the clubs.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

Sutton played in our highest finishing side , won the premier league , won trophies in Scotland and went for a then record fee from City .

Has every right to pass comment on anyone playing for a club he openly supports . 

Todd won’t achieve any of those things at this rate . I can see Webber getting rid to get him off the books .

Chris Sutton was infamous during his Norwich City days for being an unpleasant arrogant person round the nightclubs etc but hes also one of the best Norwich City players I've seen in my days watching and you could never fault his attitude on the field!

With a successful career behind him, and being a former Norwich player who knows his attitude was suspect in his younger days hes better qualified than anyone to pass judgement on the over rated and egotistical Todd Cantwell!

And hes 100% correct!

Edited by kingsway

Ahh super Chrissy Sutton, he was just so good. And he was overlooked by England as most high performing Norwich players have been in the past. At the time we as fans all moaned that England were ignoring him so it wasn’t only Sutton. 

That’s so weird I used the exact same photo on another thread today without ever seeing your post. Great minds…  But you were first so fair play 😀