Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

The Championship in a nutshell

That's awesome! Goes some way to explaining why my Super 6 has been all over the place this season.

If anything though it does highlight the competitiveness of that league. Makes survival this season look even more imperative! 

Surely that just means everyone has lost a game , or that everyone has won a game ? 

Norwich beat Brentford , who beat Arsenal , who beat Spurs , who beat Man City  who beat Everton , who beat Brighton , who beat Leicester  , who beat Man Utd , who beat Palace  who beat Watford who beat Villa who beat …. You get the idea ? 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

No it doesn’t mean everyone has lost a game…. It means everyone has lost a game to Simone else .. well read the chart, it’s self explanatory. 

Also doesn’t mean the Championship is hard, it just suggests everyone in it is bang average. 

• Like 1

Competitive, proper football. The real brand.

Breakaway football format post European superleague? I think it would work

18 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Competitive, proper football. The real brand.

Breakaway football format post European superleague? I think it would work

I was thinking about the this the other day and although it sounds very appealing to kick all these big clubs out, surely the cycle would just start again? You’d end up with a new top six that won all the time.

I think the monster that is money in football cannot be beaten in the sense that we would get “real football back”, it’ll just get more and more ugly.

1 hour ago, Coneys Knee said:

I was thinking about the this the other day and although it sounds very appealing to kick all these big clubs out, surely the cycle would just start again? You’d end up with a new top six that won all the time.

I think the monster that is money in football cannot be beaten in the sense that we would get “real football back”, it’ll just get more and more ugly.

You have to line up your core principles up front and put them into the structure of the laws of the game. No VAR? Ownership checks? Fan consultancy? All the stuff we want

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

You have to line up your core principles up front and put them into the structure of the laws of the game. No VAR? Ownership checks? Fan consultancy? All the stuff we want

It would be amazing but the corruption within the game and the way things like gambling and TV rights are intertwined, this is just a beautiful pipe dream I reckon. 

I personally would love to see more fan ownership of clubs or at least some regulation where fans must be in possession of at least 51% of shares. I’m no finance expert and so wouldn’t even know if that’s possible but clubs ARE the fans and so should ultimately belong to the fans.

That’s the sad thing about the super rich. Fans are having their club torn away from them but they’re too blinded by the money to see it. We would  be the same I’m sure.

Anyone can beat anyone, and that's what makes the Championship so entertaining. It's a very strange environment for us, given how long we were stuck in the Championship/Division One at one point, to now be in a position of playing in the PL in 2 of the past 4 seasons is a great achievement, but now we're here and have achieved it it's just rubbish and the gulf between the teams due to money is just ridiculous. I'd definitely rather have had another season with Farke's boys romping home in the Championship than this, at least the games were entertaining and we had something to cheer about instead of watching Billy Gilmour pass the ball sideways and backwards more than a rugby player does 

• Like 1