Sign in to follow this  
pete

Shut it Sutton

1 minute ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

At least Jacob Ramsey demonstrated what's possible with a well-focussed mindset!

Ramsey has pace. Todd has none. 

During my brief spell living in the fine City, 1979 to 83, my next-door neighbour but one was a City first team regular with whom I became quite friendly.

As was the case at the time, every top club was looking for the next George Best & each season several clubs believed they had found him. Norwich were convinced they had unearthed him according to my neighbour.

A business acquaintance closely associated with the club confirmed that many within the club felt the same about this player. However, it all went wrong, the players career dived & he ended up at Cambridge. I was told that on a plane to a match against Liverpool, John Bond went up to him & said ‘Well done (name), you’re starting against the European Champions tonight’. It was his first start for the first team.

My business friend was sitting behind him & tapped him on the shoulder & said ‘congratulations (name), you must be thrilled!’. He replied, ‘Not really, not that bothered, get paid a lot, got a nice motor & all the girls I want whether I play or not’.

Unless Todd is really struggling with mental issues &/or injury (in which case he would have my every sympathy) could he have the same attitude problem as the 1970’s Best MK 2 & is this why Chris Sutton sounded so frustrated with him?

Things didn't work out for Tod on the night and I understand his frustration but body language and respect to fellow players when you walk off says a lot. I agree with Chris Sutton - Tod played a stinker and got stinkier and stinkier as he walked off

3 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Wasnt this the criticism levelled at Lingaard?

Can you really compare Todd Cantwell who struggled to stay in the England U21 side to a player with 36 England caps?

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Can you really compare Todd Cantwell who struggled to stay in the England U21 side to a player with 36 England caps?

I wasnt aware I was? I think it was Roy Keane who said he seemed more interested in his clothing line and dance moves

1 minute ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

I wasnt aware I was? I think it was Roy Keane who said he seemed more interested in his clothing line and dance moves

To be fair, Roy Keane did then backtrack and give him lots of praise for keeping himself in good shape when not in the side so he could make an instant impact at West Ham.

Meanwhile Placheta seems to have done similar, despite Covid, was ready when called upon, and that is precisely what Cantwell has failed to do... failed to keep himself in shape.

• Like 1

Todd's little tantrum for being taken off is actually a good sign. I'd rather have an underperforming talent with a Lamborghini and exaggerated belief in his ability to turn the game around than a saint who's lost all hope.

Frankly I don't give s*** what he does with his money as long as he earns it on field. I hope he buys a Ferrari if it makes him return to his form.

54 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Fitness shouldn’t be an issue for Cantwell, if that’s the case how did Byram last 50mins after 2 years out? 

That sums up the difference in attitude, Sam is a really unlucky guy, whose career has been limited by injury (Jarvis was the same).   Todd has everything, and so far has avoided a serious injury, and I really hope he continues injury free, but needs to get on and play the best football he can before it is too late.

4 hours ago, Upo said:

Todd's little tantrum for being taken off is actually a good sign.

A bad attitude is never a good sign. He may try to spin it later as frustration at himself, but twice now Smith has put some faith in him and been poorly repaid. He needs to earn his place and prove his worth, neither of which he is doing and instead he is disrespecting his manager, his team-mates and the fans.

14 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Todd is good enough but something is seriously wrong 

i was talking to someone today when everyone thought he was going to be a 30 million player etc 

it was going to go two ways either he was going to show us how good he really is and go onto have a glittering career or it would go south 

he has proved he can do it in the PL  he has proved he can do it in the championship 

if he has fell out with the club he should play out his skin he would get a move sometime the way he is playing now it is looking more like Tanmere instead of liverpool will come in for him 

Which was pretty much what Buendia did in the Champs, then got the Villa move.

12 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

When you're talking about attitudes and the notion of underachievement, most certainly.

55 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

When you're talking about attitudes and the notion of underachievement, most certainly.

Lingard didn't need any time to get fit after going to West Ham though did he, after barely featuring at Man Utd, just went there and made an impact. 

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Lingard didn't need any time to get fit after going to West Ham though did he, after barely featuring at Man Utd, just went there and made an impact. 

Still massively went off the boil and then some at Manchester United. It could just be that a change of scenery is what Cantwell needs.

Edited by TheGunnShow

28 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

It could just be that a change of scenery is what Cantwell needs.

Possibly, probably best for all parties.

Hope we get a good sell on clause in case he becomes good again. 

22 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

All things considered (trophies ,goals ,the success of our team at the time) Sutton could easily be the stand out player we’ve ever had . 
Sutton openly supports City . As an ex player it’s impossible not to listen to what he says.

Ive been a huge advocate  of Todd. But recent events are hard to Ignore . Last night was a roll your sleeves up opportunity but it seemed he gave up early . I wonder if his advisors are helping .

Watching the side report for duty before a game and you see one person with the Lamborghini, designer back pack , headphones and not signing for the little kids outside the South Stand reception . The other pro’s turn up , sign, decent cars but not massively over the top , club bags

Might have been the last we see of him.  Real shame . 

Absolutely pathetic to bring his backpack into conversations about his performances. 

Four days ago when I simply queried whether he'd touch the ball against Man Utd you said...

On 11/12/2021 at 19:52, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Oh Fûck off and get a life you absolute loser . I assume you are fat , single , and haven’t much on tonight . 

Now you are critiquing his choice of f*cking backpack!

Get a life! 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Absolutely pathetic to bring his backpack into conversations about his performances. 

Four days ago when I simply queried whether he'd touch the ball against Man Utd you said...

Get a life! 

Cmon let's be having you

I'm sure you would 😏 appreciate it TVB it's just what you 😉 would have bought for him.

Screenshot_20211216-121427_Chrome.jpg

22 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Watching the side report for duty before a game and you see one person with the Lamborghini, designer back pack , headphones and not signing for the little kids outside the South Stand reception . The other pro’s turn up , sign, decent cars but not massively over the top , club bags . 

I thought the team usually all turn up together on the coach for home games. I know Todd is usually one of the first to connect with the fans and quite a few of the players have designer bags. 

39 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

I thought the team usually all turn up together on the coach for home games. I know Todd is usually one of the first to connect with the fans and quite a few of the players have designer bags. 

Weren't it Ben Marshall who said he used to flog all his teammates counterfeit gear, for all he knows the backpack could be a £30 Cheetham Hill special. 

6 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Get a life! 

Why have you edited your original late night post  telling me to fûck off and calling me a “flip flopping Pr1ck”  or some such ? I had a good laugh about that this morning . 

This is much more mild . Sobered up? 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

1 hour ago, curious yellow said:

Curiously (no pun intended) they now don’t head off on the bus since Smith has been in charge . They report to the ground for a pre match meal .
I was commenting on the Pre Wolves game.  You can only go bt what you see . 

4 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Why have you edited your original late night post  telling me to fûck off and calling me a “flip flopping Pr1ck”  or some such ? I had a good laugh about that this morning . 

This is much more mild . Sobered up? 

I didn't edit it, it was deleted by a mod.

The toned down version was designed to pass the censures.

On a serious note, was Cantwell's car definitely not one of these?

https://www.google.com/search?q=amg+gt&sxsrf=AOaemvIs3wYZMtQ1Uc7kVXqzZlkooz0CJw:1639690005382&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjlw7-ioen0AhWDzYUKHSQzBNAQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1513&bih=950&dpr=1

Still a £130k+ car, but that's what he was driving a couple of months ago.

36 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I didn't edit it, it was deleted by a mod.

The toned down version was designed to pass the censures.

On a serious note, was Cantwell's car definitely not one of these?

https://www.google.com/search?q=amg+gt&sxsrf=AOaemvIs3wYZMtQ1Uc7kVXqzZlkooz0CJw:1639690005382&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjlw7-ioen0AhWDzYUKHSQzBNAQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1513&bih=950&dpr=1

Still a £130k+ car, but that's what he was driving a couple of months ago.

The merc was  last season. Had upgrade  . 

Cantwell a legend in his own mind, an idiot in my mind. Who does he think he is acting like a petulant 5 year old? If he wants to be treated as something special then he has to perform on the pitch. He was dreadful against Aston Villa and deserved to be yanked off the park. If we can find someone to buy him in the next transfer window then he should be sold. 

Edited by kenfoggo

34 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

The merc was  last season. Had upgrade  . 

I mean, I do get your point, I'm not a Cantwell fan, think he's immature, aloof, and by the looks of his instagram a prime candidate for bankruptcy by 32 (private jet flights for mates, etc).

But I'd still rather critique his performances, and if he was playing well you wouldn't be mentioning any of that stuff. 

Also, if he has a Lambo he's probably bought it with his promotion bonus, and that was well earned. Its his wages this season which he has yet to justify, I don't begrudge him anything earned last season! 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Would we accept 10/12m for him now? 

Interesting question really.

I mean, if sold in January, the club could potentially buy a player for that who is simply going to be more useful for us this season? 

Dean Smith sure going to want to bring one or two in? 

Sutton is ok to say it as he see's it . Thats his job.

TC is dreadful at the moment , thats obvious.

But i also hope we are not all typing away in 2 weeks time when some information has come out and we are all trying to backtrack a little on what we thought was facts   ........................

TBH i hope he is being a bit of a **** about things and its not something more sinister .

10 minutes ago, Mr Tea said:

Sutton is ok to say it as he see's it . Thats his job.

TC is dreadful at the moment , thats obvious.

But i also hope we are not all typing away in 2 weeks time when some information has come out and we are all trying to backtrack a little on what we thought was facts   ........................

TBH i hope he is being a bit of a **** about things and its not something more sinister .

100%, if he’s been an arrogant little $hit then he is, he’s a good looking, rich young man, hardly a surprise and like you’ve said, I hope this is the reason and that he’s not suffering while we’re all sticking the knife in.

BTW, on a football ability perspective Todd Cantwell is NOT **** as I keep reading across this forum. A fit and up for it Todd Cantwell in the right frame of mind is a bloody fantastic player. 

Get well soon Todd, we need you!

Edited by Coneys Knee