Sign in to follow this  
pete

Shut it Sutton

Sutton criticising Cantwell's performance last night, certainly what went on was appalling from Todd and many others.  But we don't know what affects Todd.  We are assuming the demons of personal issues are affecting Todd, and maybe not having got his desired move to PL is sulking.  I don't believe if we had alternatives Todd wouldn't have played, he's just not fit enough.  Possibly as a result of those personal matters, injuries or illness we just don't know.  I am sure Todd realizes some of his actions are impacting his career.  Perhaps it is that popular demon he might just have a mental health problem again we don't know but whatever it is comments in the press from former greats who has not always been positive about City cannot help.

Todd needs help it is clear hope he gets it and we can get an attacking threat from him some time this season, to give us just that little hope.   

Sutton can only comment on what he does on the pitch. That is his job(Sutton's). All of us at work will be criticized when our performances drop. The thing is we don't all work in a job where we have people commenting about our performances every time we go to work. I don't think you can blame Sutton for doing that. I am one of the people who struggles to see Cantwell as being that great a player. He has been ok in flashes and as a home grown of course I would love to see him flourish but I just don't see it. 

Edited by Canaries north
  • Like 3

Chris Sutton is a great pundit and knows more about the game than us lot put together.

Cantwell has sadly lost his mojo and being a 'local boy' won't save his Norwich career unfortunately.

• Like 5

Sutton did more than enough in a Norwich shirt to judge what others do in a Norwich shirt, he's earned that right. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 6

Sutton, honest and totally right to call him out. 

10 men vs Villa 1st half not acceptable. Currently TC is stealing a living.

Sutton was spot on, and if Cantwell was from Dusseldorf not Dereham you'd say the same thing, and I say that as someone who has always defended Todd in the past. 

Edited by Ken Hairy

Sutton has the right, as anyone to analyse a player's performance, every player has off days, an expert might be able to suggest a reason for this. 

What Sutton did was to critisize the way he left the pitch, the way he didn't high five Idah, this is not Sutton's job it is over dramatic has suggested a situation which probably doesn't exist

Some people seem to delight in his poor performances, probably based on personal intolerances. My opinion is that he has lost his confidence due to poor treatment by the club, he might be physically fit but at the moment is not mentally fit for the big games. 

I hope that the club can publicly support him and the supporters can get behind him, it is in our best interests. 

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with Chris Sutton speaking his mind on anything to do with Norwich city players etc.

Chris Sutton is hugely respected in  football, he loves Norwich city and when he played for them as a young raw centre back , played like a man and gave  100% every game. Perhaps that’s why he became the British record signing to Blackburn and won a Premiership title.

im sure he’s more pissed off than most when he sees a young player like Cantwell, not applying himself properly and with an unhealthy attitude towards his club and team mates.

The old saying, ‘ your only as good as your last game’. 

To many excuses being made. 

Had absolutely impact on the game last night and rightfully got pulled off on the hour mark. I think we can expect better from Todd and I hope it will come, but right now the criticism is right, he is not at the level he can be, and needs to be to give us a chance with Buendia gone.

Sutton said what needed to be said and how anyone cannot accept his view on Todd Cantwell is beyond me. Cantwell is fast becoming a squad liability rather than an asset.

I don't know whether this is true or not, but some bored old man with no reason to know anything about what a load of young footballers are getting up to told me that Cantwell has been sleeping with the partners of every single member of the NCFC squad, no one in the squad minds though, because he looks a bit like a girl with that hair but the reason he's been so rubbish lately is because his legs have turned to jelly as a result. 

Now lets all giggle like children and and spread this absolute fact around and bask in the attention and feeling of superiority that we'll get by showing our mates how ITK we are

All things considered (trophies ,goals ,the success of our team at the time) Sutton could easily be the stand out player we’ve ever had . 
Sutton openly supports City . As an ex player it’s impossible not to listen to what he says.

Ive been a huge advocate  of Todd. But recent events are hard to Ignore . Last night was a roll your sleeves up opportunity but it seemed he gave up early . I wonder if his advisors are helping .

Watching the side report for duty before a game and you see one person with the Lamborghini, designer back pack , headphones and not signing for the little kids outside the South Stand reception . The other pro’s turn up , sign, decent cars but not massively over the top , club bags . 

Might have been the last we see of him.  Real shame . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, curious yellow said:

Sutton has the right, as anyone to analyse a player's performance, every player has off days, an expert might be able to suggest a reason for this. 

What Sutton did was to critisize the way he left the pitch, the way he didn't high five Idah, this is not Sutton's job it is over dramatic has suggested a situation which probably doesn't exist

Some people seem to delight in his poor performances, probably based on personal intolerances. My opinion is that he has lost his confidence due to poor treatment by the club, he might be physically fit but at the moment is not mentally fit for the big games. 

I hope that the club can publicly support him and the supporters can get behind him, it is in our best interests. 

In what way has the club treated him poorly in your opinion?

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Watching the side report for duty before a game and you see one person with the Lamborghini, designer back pack , headphones and not signing for the little kids outside the South Stand reception . The other pro’s turn up , sign, decent cars but not massively over the top , club bags  

Is this true? If so that is poor.

I’m not normally one to gossip, but I was talking to a colleague at work recently, she has a friend in Norwich who lives near the Cantwells. She says the Cantwells  are all a bit posy and not well liked. 

That’s me gossiping on the left below!

image.jpeg.7c7be9852e0c08c64b3c94a846eacd89.jpeg

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

I’m not normally one to gossip, but I was talking to a colleague at work recently, she has a friend in Norwich who lives near the Cantwells. She says the Cantwells  are all a bit posy and not well liked. 

That’s me gossiping on the left below!

image.jpeg.7c7be9852e0c08c64b3c94a846eacd89.jpeg

🤣🤣🤣🤣😂

34 minutes ago, markdmhoward said:

In what way has the club treated him poorly in your opinion?

Firstly by putting an inflated £40M price on him to put off buyers

Then by banishing him from training with the first team squad. 

• Like 1

Cantwell seems to have completely lost the plot mentally. Such a huge shame as there really is a player in there somewhere. He needs to maybe switch off his Instagram account and focus on climbing to his full potential.

• Like 1

Cantwell is a footballer who at the moment does not want to play football but is quite happy to pick up the pay cheque and flash his designer lifestyle on Instagram.

We should do our best to offload him so that he's someone else's problem.

The last time I spotted Cantwell driving he had a Mercedes but I guess he could have brought a Lamborghini. Reminds me of the Peter Crouch story when he pulled up at the lights next to Roy Keane. Crouch had just brought an Aston Martin and Keane in Crouches own words looked at him like something on the bottom of his shoe. He sold it the 2 days later. He had the car for 1 week and lost £20,000 on it. 

3 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

All things considered (trophies ,goals ,the success of our team at the time) Sutton could easily be the stand out player we’ve ever had . 
Sutton openly supports City . As an ex player it’s impossible not to listen to what he says.

Ive been a huge advocate  of Todd. But recent events are hard to Ignore . Last night was a roll your sleeves up opportunity but it seemed he gave up early . I wonder if his advisors are helping .

Watching the side report for duty before a game and you see one person with the Lamborghini, designer back pack , headphones and not signing for the little kids outside the South Stand reception . The other pro’s turn up , sign, decent cars but not massively over the top , club bags . 

Might have been the last we see of him.  Real shame . 

Todd seems to think he is special for some reason. Stinks to me of the wrong voices in his ear, they way Anelka's brothers were a malign influence

1 hour ago, alex_ncfc said:

Cantwell is a footballer who at the moment does not want to play football but is quite happy to pick up the pay cheque and flash his designer lifestyle on Instagram.

We should do our best to offload him so that he's someone else's problem.

Wasnt this the criticism levelled at Lingaard?

I love Cantwell, but he has to sort himself out, and people like Sutton being honest with him is exactly what he needs.

Todd is good enough but something is seriously wrong 

i was talking to someone today when everyone thought he was going to be a 30 million player etc 

it was going to go two ways either he was going to show us how good he really is and go onto have a glittering career or it would go south 

he has proved he can do it in the PL  he has proved he can do it in the championship 

if he has fell out with the club he should play out his skin he would get a move sometime the way he is playing now it is looking more like Tanmere instead of liverpool will come in for him 

Edited by norfolkngood

Everything about Cantwell at the moment stinks!

Attitude appalling and so far of the pace in the top level its painful to watch!

Sutton is a niggly so and so who can be negative but hes only telling it as it is!

Like many, I have lost patience with Todd Cantwell now. He had a wonderful opportunity to step-up this season yet he appears disinterested. Where is his personal desire? I'm not surprised If Chris Sutton has called him out. He's falling way short of what's required...  

At least Jacob Ramsey demonstrated what's possible with a well-focussed mindset!