Sign in to follow this  
Wings of a Sparrow

West Ham match in doubt?

EPL have already turned teams down. Unless you are Manure of course. Team with a massive squad can't carry on but everyone else can. Even though most businesses would probably close if there was an outbreak in a factory or office.

Genuinely interested in what the criteria is here.

Is it just COVID injuries which count, or is based upon the number of available players and staff who then have to isolate as a result of the cases? Or a mixture? 

We had 5 out with COVID in total yesterday (I think that's what I heard yesterday but could be wrong). Does anyone know the extent of the Man U and Spurs losses?

(I'm aware I could've looked all of this stuff up but I am being lazy)

Would be great to have a game or two postponed. Particularly with the non-COVID injuries such as Rashica and Normann.

51 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Genuinely interested in what the criteria is here.

Is it just COVID injuries which count, or is based upon the number of available players and staff who then have to isolate as a result of the cases? Or a mixture? 

We had 5 out with COVID in total yesterday (I think that's what I heard yesterday but could be wrong). Does anyone know the extent of the Man U and Spurs losses?

(I'm aware I could've looked all of this stuff up but I am being lazy)

Would be great to have a game or two postponed. Particularly with the non-COVID injuries such as Rashica and Normann.

The criteria seems simple - being one of the 'big six'.

• Like 1

Man U had 4 with covid I heard. But obviously they couldn’t afford to lose to a newly promoted team so best it was postponed. 

Man U and Spurs covid infections in numbers has not ever been disclosed, at least to my knowledge.  Just that a number of players and Staff were infected.  Closing the training centre was a masterstroke to influence PL to cancel Bees match.  I believe PL has put a number on the number of players who need to be infected for club to have games postponed, it was a silly number about 11 leaving a squad of 14 to play.  What numbers of those affected by covid names were not revealed by either Spurs or man U which is questionable.  Other clubs reveal the names like us with Tzolis, Sargent, Rupp and 2 others, no staff advised, Brighton with 4 or 5 out are still expected to play this week.  Therefore we will be expected to turn out team against W Wham, injuries will not be included in PL consideration for calling off.

Need more to go sick before PL will consider Norwich postponing fixture.  Who really cares about them they are bottom and will soon be relegated and of no concern.

We need to shut the training ground and get it postponed. A fully fit West Ham against us at the moment, doesn't bare thinking about

Leicester's Premier League game with Tottenham will go ahead, despite both clubs asking for it to be postponed.

The Foxes are without nine players for Thursday's home game because of Covid-related issues and injuries.

• Confused 1

Burnley's Premier League match at home to Watford on Wednesday has been postponed because of an ongoing Covid outbreak within the visitors' squad.

• Sad 1

Webber and Smith will probably have been getting the covid positive lads to breathe into the Colney aircon. 

Anything to get sat called off. 

Incidentally, record cases today.

Exponential rise! 200k yesterday! At that rate of growth we will all have had it by new year. 

People dying allover the place?

Panic justified? 

You effing sheep. 

Edited by fredherring

It has been clear that COVID has affected the smaller clubs more than the big boys.  Not sure if that is because they play the rules better or because their squads are larger and the quality is better.

7 hours ago, fredherring said:

Webber and Smith will probably have been getting the covid positive lads to breathe into the Colney aircon. 

Exponential rise! 200k yesterday! At that rate of growth we will all have had it by new year. 

Panic justified? 

You effing sheep. 

78,000 yesterday, so less than half your figure, and 167 deaths. Making up **** to suit your agenda actually undermines what you’re trying to get across and makes you look ignorant.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, fredherring said:

Panic justified? 

You effing sheep. 

I'm sure I can smell fish

I think it is very plausible we could see a stop-gap activated and sporting fixtures postponed over the Christmas period which would be a real shame. I think games behind closed doors is probably going to be a reality heading into January if figures inevitably keep rising as they are

9 hours ago, fredherring said:

Panic justified? 

You effing sheep. 

Seriously,........ Head.......... Wobble... 

You'll feel better and less like a **** 👍

I gave my season ticket back to the club for the Villa & Arsenal games, so they can sell it again & then I  get some money off my season ticket for next season, if they manage to resell it that is. I just don’t want to take the risk of getting the new variant & spoiling this Christmas for my family.