Uncle Fred

At what time will the crowd turn

Things are hitting rock bottom again when will the fans let the board this isn’t good enough and they need to support it ie invest staggering amounts in January to fix the poor summer window 

I don’t want to hear any self funding club nonsense it’s up to the board to raise capital and get spending 

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

They were booing last night.

Shhhh, LDC will hear........ 

The end of the day, Webber will walk, Smith isn’t culpable for the signings we made and the ownership model debate will continue as sure the moon follows the sun. Whilst everything changes nothing does. 

• Like 1

When there is a sequence of games where the team shows no discernible pattern of play or effort. One game with 11 starters out isn’t it. 

• Like 3

Little Old Norwich with its apathetic support who will never do what is necessary to get the powers to be notice how disgruntled they are.  The only way to make them notice is to hit them in the pocket, 22,000 season ticket holders have handed over their hard earned every season makes the Board smug.  Boycotting some matches or the Norwich City shops maybe but cannot see any direct action from the apathetic just more moaning. 

It has nothing to do with Smith and Shakespeare as it goes way, way deeper than that.

But then all but the usual suspects know that already.

Still very optimistic, can't wait for Normann and Rashica to come back in as they're massive miss for us. In the meantime if we see Sorensen and Placheta continue to establish themselves it's a massive boost to midfield and both flanks when up to full squad availability.

As pre-season, this is a genuine period of bad luck.  But, we should've taken so many chances in the past few games in regards to points on the board.  Under Farke, last night could've been a 4+ goal defeat, even on our poorest days we're not conceding like we were.

Clear we need another goal scorer, and I get the feeling Cantwell will be on his way out to fund it.  It's only himself and Max who could get us near the 20m mark to bring someone in, Todd the more expendable if he continues to struggle.  Hope he doesn't, but just can't see him getting out of this rut by Jan, and by getting out of the rut I mean assisting or scoring himself.

3 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Clear we need another goal scorer, and I get the feeling Cantwell will be on his way out to fund it.  It's only himself and Max who could get us near the 20m mark to bring someone in, Todd the more expendable if he continues to struggle.  Hope he doesn't, but just can't see him getting out of this rut by Jan, and by getting out of the rut I mean assisting or scoring himself.

If they're going to spend on players, I think Aarons is the only viable sale.

As good as he is, a FB has never, and will never, keep any team in any league.

15 minutes ago, kirku said:

I suppose if you factor the potential wage demands of a quality player coming in, you may be right.  Club would need to secure money to cover wages for the duration of the contract as part of the financial planning.  "If" we could land someone of quality, of course.

Williams and Dimi would be perfect replacements for me, I'd quite like to see them start like that to see how it works anyway  - gets them in their natural positions, and Max is certainly a player Newcastle would be keen to splash out on.  We really need to be rinsing someone if he goes.

Leaves Sorensen and Mumba as FB cover I guess?  If Byram stays fit it's another positive for him too.

Edited by Google Bot

Things are nowhere near rock bottom. To suggest so is ludicrous. We have been desperately unlucky to lose Rashicha, Norman, Hanley, Omobamidele, Kabak through injury plus the increasing COVID outbreak within the camp. 
We were just coming into a bit of form and then bad luck strikes again. If we can get Norman, Hanley, Rashicha back fully fit then we’ll be fine. 
Have to say that Sargent was a big miss last night, his work rate is top notch and unsettles defenders. Something we lack when he’s not in the side.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Things are nowhere near rock bottom. To suggest so is ludicrous. We have been desperately unlucky to lose Rashicha, Norman, Hanley, Omobamidele, Kabak through injury plus the increasing COVID outbreak within the camp. 
We were just coming into a bit of form and then bad luck strikes again. If we can get Norman, Hanley, Rashicha back fully fit then we’ll be fine. 
Have to say that Sargent was a big miss last night, his work rate is top notch and unsettles defenders. Something we lack when he’s not in the side.

Look at the season as a whole and just not  last night the situation isn’t that sunny!!!

19 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Leaves Sorensen and Mumba as FB cover I guess?  If Byram stays fit it's another positive for him too.

For half a season, we'd be better off with this, surely:

FB

• Dimi
  • Williams
  • Byram
  • Mumba
  • (Sorenson)

FW

• Pukki
  • Another
  • (Idah/Sargent)
  • Like 1

I think the least we ask as fans is that the players do their best and give it their all, if they are doing that and still lose then fair enough we gave it a good go, but last night we didn't see any fight, spirit or effort on the whole and as a result it wasn't good enough. A few booed but most just headed for the exit. 

I can't agree with Smith's comments that we were better in the second half because we simply weren't, we have to do much better next time out that's for sure

1 hour ago, kirku said:

As good as he is, a FB has never, and will never, keep any team in any league.

If Byram has recovered (looked super rusty but fit last night) Max is the obvious sacrifice if there’s a buyer.

We need some attacking threat and that costs a lot of £££.

Still think Adebayo from Luton is worth a punt and I think we could prize him away without selling Max, we should be able to, send Idah the other way on loan and it’s a win win.

• Like 1

Given Smith is new to the job, there will be no pressure this season from the fans to have him sacked. I see a more likely scenario that fans become apathetic and don't turn up. Not in huge numbers, but I can see attendances dropping a couple of thousand. 

6 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Given Smith is new to the job, there will be no pressure this season from the fans to have him sacked.

I thought that too, until last night.  It was a strange atmosphere, and not a great deal of sympathy for the injury situation.  Many predicting points before kickoff didn't help when followed by such a dire display.

If we went 4 down I really think the crowd would've turned on the board, if not Smith directly - it was in the air. 

There doesn't really seem an overwhelming warming to Smith as a manager to me, while not my stance, I get the feeling that he has to prove to be an upgrade on Farke for many, and he's letting them down.  Another few losses on the spin and performances like that would not be good.

3 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Things are hitting rock bottom again when will the fans let the board this isn’t good enough and they need to support it ie invest staggering amounts in January to fix the poor summer window 

I don’t want to hear any self funding club nonsense it’s up to the board to raise capital and get spending 

Usually,for most of the crowd,it's after the ref's whistle for full-time when they head for the exits ............hope that helps 🤨

4 minutes ago, C.I.D said:

Usually,for most of the crowd,it's after the ref's whistle for full-time when they head for the exits ............hope that helps 🤨

Sage comment 

1 minute ago, Uncle Fred said:

Sage comment 

....and appropriately thymed for the festive season 🙂

15 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I thought that too, until last night.  It was a strange atmosphere, and not a great deal of sympathy for the injury situation.  Many predicting points before kickoff didn't help when followed by such a dire display.

If we went 4 down I really think the crowd would've turned on the board, if not Smith directly - it was in the air. 

There doesn't really seem an overwhelming warming to Smith as a manager to me, while not my stance, I get the feeling that he has to prove to be an upgrade on Farke for many, and he's letting them down.  Another few losses on the spin and performances like that would not be good.

Agreed. I’m still struggling to warm to Smith. He’s doing a good job and there has been improvements but i just don’t care about him like I did Farke. I guess it’s just we had such an amazing time under Daniel and we’re ebbing away now under Smith that it’s why I just don’t care about him. He’s like a substitute English teacher; good humoured, inoffensive, knowledgable but doesn’t really inspire a “wow” factor. 

• Thanks 1

Just as the results down get any better Covid will save the vitriol as the crowds will be banned from gatherings again!

How about boycotting FA Cup tie, no supporters at Charlton will send a signal.

13 minutes ago, pete said:

How about boycotting FA Cup tie, no supporters at Charlton will send a signal.

How about when they do the orchestrated pre-kick off "On The Ball City" we don't sing it?

THREEEEE TWOOOOO ONNNNEEEEE

Deathly silence. That would send a signal. 

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

I don’t think there’s a lot of context being used to analyse the situation personally. We sacked a manager who was massively underperforming at this level just when he won a game. Right decision o feel, awful timing in terms of the crowd.

Smith has done some good things overall with the team so far for me but we still lack that cutting edge. Add the absences and we are in a really tough position currently but people expected us to do better because we sacked Farke.

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Given Smith is new to the job, there will be no pressure this season from the fans to have him sacked. I see a more likely scenario that fans become apathetic and don't turn up. Not in huge numbers, but I can see attendances dropping a couple of thousand. 

Not sure about that, there was a lot of booing last night