Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Two positives from tonight

The only positives I can see from tonight

1. Byram getting back into the team.

2. Byram not getting sent off for a border line tackle.

Two things that may help him and us moving forwards. 

Sorensen looking like he’s up for it! And indeed anytime Leeds get dicked 7-0 is a good laugh!

Very pleased for Byram, hopefully the start of a return to good fortune for him, he can still be a big asset for us if he can get back to his best

Bryam and Sorenson getting match time is quite literally the only positives we can take from this.

The only positive I can take from it is that surely, surely we've seen the last of Billy f*cking Gilmour. He's made more goals for opponents than us.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Two positives from tonight

1) I had a bit of a dicky tummy but just threw up in the toilet and now feel a bit better.

2) My vomit didn't stink as bad as Billy Gilmour.

That's about it for me.

OTBC

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

1) I had a bit of a dicky tummy but just threw up in the toilet and now feel a bit better.

2) My vomit didn't stink as bad as Billy Gilmour.

That's about it for me.

OTBC

You didn't chunder in a urinal in the River End did you? I definitely pi*sed on someone's sick tonight.

17 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

The only positive I can take from it is that surely, surely we've seen the last of Billy f*cking Gilmour. He's made more goals for opponents than us.

I've actually never seen a player climb on someone's back and still be unable to foul them. Incredible scenes.

• Haha 1

Looked to me like Gilmour had options available for both possessions lost leading to both goals, and that 'tackle' on the youngster who assisted Watkins was weak & ineffective. He's not the answer.

• Like 1

We had a makeshift team and made two horrible defensive errors.

In possession we seemed slow to move the ball around and bereft of a forward player to pass to when we wanted to move the ball up the field or maybe this was simply midfielders constantly picking the easier sideways or backwards pass unwilling to look up the field and play the through ball or forward pass.

It was almost as though we wanted to invite Villa to press us high because we had no idea of how to play out. 

So much of our passing went awry anyway and we repeatedly coughed up possession where we didn't need to - the first goal was a prime example of this. Furthermore the team seemed to lack leadership or any driving force- someone to get a grip of the situation and assert themselves- someone others could look to and think "I'm going to do what this guy is doing". 

Placheta and Sorenson looked like they deserved to be playing at this level. Arrons was lucky not to get a second yellow. Cantwell still looked out of sorts and seemingly MacLean has no left foot otherwise we'd have scored. Pukki played well, Krul should have saved the first goal but cannot be blamed for this situation that caused it.

The second goal however was both a comedy moment and a tragedy which summed up the notion that this was a side where almost every player thought that it was someone else's job to win the game. 

A mentality which seemingly embodied their collective lack of confidence and showed them as a side bereft of leadership, drive or any sort of desire to take the game to the opposition. 

The entire debacle was a massive contrast with our game against United where we were on the front foot more often.

We can definitely play better than this. 

If we are now going to hang our hat on Byram coming back into the side to turn our fortunes around we might as well accept relegation right now.

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

If we are now going to hang our hat on Byram coming back into the side to turn our fortunes around we might as well accept relegation right now.

My thoughts were more for him than the team, just pleased to see him back.

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

My thoughts were more for him than the team, just pleased to see him back.

Lovely sentiment Lakey so shall we add him to the list including Sargent who we hope will come good at some point in the future as we currently fight against relegation ?

Edited by TIL 1010

11 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Lovely sentiment Lakey so shall we add him to the list including Sargent who we hope will come good at some point in the future as we currently fight against relegation ?

Yes, I should think so. Think we might be thinking about next season now though.......