Sign in to follow this  
canarydan23

Billy Gilmour

Just now, Coneys Knee said:

Decent enough player in my opinion but certainly not a player that was going to be ready for a lead roll in a relegation battle.

Lol.

Remember when Chelsea fans were creaming over Josh McEachran? Now playing at MK Dons, Gilmour won't reach those dizzy heights. 

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Remember when Chelsea fans were creaming over Josh McEachran? Now playing at MK Dons, Gilmour won't reach those dizzy heights. 

Jimmy Smith.

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He knows he won't be here end of the season, he doesnt care.

Neither of us will be playing in the PL next year.

Yeah, but didn't you see the 30 yard cross field ball he pinged tonight? Baller.

Nothing against the guy personally but I think the Josh McEachran comparison is very fair. It's the decision to sign him that I hate, how can you look at the midfields of teams like West Ham, Villa, Watford, Palace etc and say yeah a 5ft7, slow, weak as p155 Gilmour is exactly what we need at the heart of  our midfield in this league, like teams are just going to let us play and offer no resistance and allow him to ping balls around all game to our players who won't even have to move to find space. Unbelievably naïve. I dread to think what West ham are going to do to us on Saturday, I think everyone in their team is at least twice the size of him. 

• Like 1

A terrible signing - he's sh*te but we are constantly hammered by the media and fans of other clubs as if he's some sort of messiah. Send him back, now if possible. 

Let’s not make him the scapegoat. I know it’s annoying that the media and other fans hype him up but he’s trying and is generally doing ok. Tonight he was exposed because we didn’t have the “unit” that Smith had working so effectively on Saturday around him. Kenny was quiet tonight and we missed Rupps endeavour. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dean Coneys boots said:

He’s icing and we needed cake 

Well put.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Don't think I've ever despised a Norwich player more 😁

It's not his fault that those Chelsea fans are obnoxiously ignorant.

Don't get me wrong though, has been shocking for us.

3 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

A terrible signing - he's sh*te but we are constantly hammered by the media and fans of other clubs as if he's some sort of messiah. Send him back, now if possible. 

What time's the last train to London? 

14 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He knows he won't be here end of the season, he doesnt care.

Does feel that way.

But that does make me respect Williams a fair bit, as he also knows this but seems to care to some extent, would still we rather played the Greek though. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

56 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Decent enough player in my opinion but certainly not a player that was going to be ready for a lead roll in a relegation battle.

Pretty much my view too. Quite likely he'll have a decent career, possibly even at PL level, but he's honing his craft at our expense & he is not what we need in the engine room in a relegation scrap. Feeling pretty pessimistic after that performance, even taking all the players unavailable into account. Did we even create one real opportunity from good attacking play? I feel sorry for Pukki.

The lad makes Mark Fotheringham look like Champions League material 😅

Gilmour will become a top player, but as others have said, he's not what we need. It's alright having a Pirlo in the deep-lying playmaker position, but Pirlo had Gattuso doing his defensive donkey work and someone like Seedorf to drive the team up the pitch. Stick him alongside Kante, he'll look good.

Agree with the sending him back line, Sörensen did quite well and Normann should be back soon. Would see if we could get another striker in, or a complete midfield bar-steward.

I don’t think he’s been particularly brilliant but what’s he working with? Teammates with poor movement, standing around like statues and not particularly wanting the ball. I bet if you put him in a better side he’d look a lot more at home.

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

Now there's a blast out of the past. The one player that every time he was named in the opposition team - I thought we'd win ! And was correct on every occasion.

My opinion - Gilmour is bad but not that bad.

He was poor today, and I have not watched a player whose reputation at such odds with the talent I see.  He can do fancy passes, but he can’t tackle, he does not make runs, and loses the ball too often (Admittedly this is based on feelings opposed to numbers).

I saw a few people saying he could play in a higher standard midfield, but I am not sure that is true.  One of our issues last time we were up was that we had McLean who works hard but was not technically good enough and Vranic who was technically good enough but did not work hard enough.  If I had the opportunity to switch Vranic (Who I felt was not good enough for the EPL) with Gilmour right now, I would, and I suspect we would have more goal threat and a harder working midfield.

• Like 2