Sign in to follow this  
Van wink

So now we know

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Way to avoid discussing the valid point made about losing his talisman and achieving what a twice promoted manager couldn't.

What a tool. 

Why not get behind our manager and give him a proper chance? He's not got a great deal to work with at the moment and yet was close to snatching a point from Man Utd just the other day.

I'm fully behind him.

I just don't think he was a good appointment. 

Why does everything have to black and white in your head, is it because your brain is too small to contemplate squeezing anything inbetween two extremes?

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I'm fully behind him.

Yeah looks like it you pr1ck...

On 12/11/2021 at 21:08, canarydan23 said:

The only good thing about Smith is he's not Lampard.

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yeah looks like it you pr1ck...

Calm down chap, don't want to give that weak ticker of yours any more stress.

Smith has tried to make us more streetwise and play the percentages more, hence why we're slinging a lot more balls into the channels and we're not as wedded to the ideology of passing out all the time. In that regard, we do stay in games a bit better than we did under Farke even when we're playing poorly, which we did last night. We deserved to lose by a couple, but under Farke that second, decisive goal would no doubt have come a lot earlier.

In that regard at least, I do see something of an improvement. And I agree with those crediting Placheta and Sörensen for being diligent in preparation and making sure they're fit and ready (as Placheta definitely had long Covid and I'm 99% sure Sörensen was hit with it as well) and both have done reasonably well in a rather patched-up side.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Calm down chap, don't want to give that weak ticker of yours any more stress.

Well you were without a doubt completely wrong about this:

On 23/04/2019 at 15:32, canarydan23 said:

f Farke leaves or is poached, Webber is well placed to appoint someone who fits a similar mould; I suspect that he constantly has a list of Farke-esque candidates lined up.

So I hope you are also proven to be completely wrong about Dean Smith, albeit will take a while to reach that point as he probably needs to win a promotion on a Norwich budget to make you look a wally. I'm sure we both hope Dean Smith shuts you up?

Norwich truly are an unfortunate team, half the squad every game is missing like Covid, muscle pulls, sickness, and then every game its the referee he is you know a bit biased towards the opposition and is no more then a cheat (employed by the FA who of course don't want Norwich in the Premiership so they FIX it shoosh dont tell anyone) , then its the pundits who as you know all hate Norwich and stir up trouble by saying things like Norwich are a bad side which we know they are not, they are just unlucky, even changing the manager has resulted in 2 points in the last 5 games while other clubs like Manu 10 points,Villa 9 points, Newcastle 5 points, and good old spurs with 10 points, when will all this bad luck end, well lets all hope for a Christmas present and that the new year will bring lots of good luck.

1 minute ago, Nawich Fann said:

Norwich truly are an unfortunate team, half the squad every game is missing like Covid, muscle pulls, sickness, and then every game its the referee he is you know a bit biased towards the opposition and is no more then a cheat (employed by the FA who of course don't want Norwich in the Premiership so they FIX it shoosh dont tell anyone) , then its the pundits who as you know all hate Norwich and stir up trouble by saying things like Norwich are a bad side which we know they are not, they are just unlucky, even changing the manager has resulted in 2 points in the last 5 games while other clubs like Manu 10 points,Villa 9 points, Newcastle 5 points, and good old spurs with 10 points, when will all this bad luck end, well lets all hope for a Christmas present and that the new year will bring lots of good luck.

You’re clearly not a Norwich fan. There’s no such thing as luck in our quarter 😁

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Smith has tried to make us more streetwise and play the percentages more, hence why we're slinging a lot more balls into the channels and we're not as wedded to the ideology of passing out all the time.

I agree we are more streetwise, but are we really forgetting how much we were lumping it forwards under Farke towards the latter end too? I'd argue as much as Smith, but the key difference being Farke's approach was totally aimless, we couldn't follow it up with a high press to win second balls, we had no idea what to do in possession, no idea how to deal with transitions. We are clearly improving in most if not all of these areas under Smith. 

I can't accept any suggestion that we have sacrificed any kind of footballing philosophy in bringing in Smith in favour of Farke - we simply didn't have one under Farke any more. 

Smith's version of NCFC plays much better football than what we saw under Farke in the first 10 games of this season. 

49 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I'm fully behind him.

I just don't think he was a good appointment. 

Why does everything have to black and white in your head, is it because your brain is too small to contemplate squeezing anything inbetween two extremes?

You don’t seem to be. You seem desperate to prove we shouldn’t have sacked Farke and that Smith is no good.

we have a squad with a couple of glaring holes in it anyway and had 10 players out last night once Kabak limped off. Sounds like he found out 3 or 4 of them couldn’t play without hours of kick off. Think we need to cut him some slack because despite last night being sub standard, personally I thought after Man U we were on the right track snd I quite liked what I saw v Spurs as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

You don’t seem to be. You seem desperate to prove we shouldn’t have sacked Farke and that Smith is no good.

we have a squad with a couple of glaring holes in it anyway and had 10 players out last night once Kabak limped off. Sounds like he found out 3 or 4 of them couldn’t play without hours of kick off. Think we need to cut him some slack because despite last night being sub standard, personally I thought after Man U we were on the right track snd I quite liked what I saw v Spurs as well.

When the likes of Jim Smith and Tub think you're stupid it's a good sign you're on the right track.

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Well you were without a doubt completely wrong about this:

So I hope you are also proven to be completely wrong about Dean Smith, albeit will take a while to reach that point as he probably needs to win a promotion on a Norwich budget to make you look a wally. I'm sure we both hope Dean Smith shuts you up?

I was absolutely wrong about that, Webber clearly didn't have anyone lined up, I obviously had misplaced faith in him as your not-at-all sad act of digging up of two and a half year old posts shows.

And yes, I would love to be proven wrong about Dean Smith. He's Norwich's manager and therefore am desperate for him to be successful. That doesn't mean I think he will be.

I will admit though that on the 12th November when I said the best thing about Dean Smith is that he isn't Frank Lampard I wasn't at all behind him at all. He was an unemployed, recently sacked manager of Aston Villa, so why would I be? That one of your sad searches didn't really do much for you, Tubster.

Dean Smith being left with half of Farke's losers on the pitch it was only going to end one way. So many journeyman standard players in the squad and not a rock among them.

I won't burst into tears if we go down but nether will I get excited about another promotion challenge next season because we all know the script before it starts now.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

He was an unemployed, recently sacked manager of Aston Villa, so why would I be?

Russell Martin = Never been sacked.

Antonio Conte = Sacked once, quit three times.

Football managers get sacked. Arsene Wenger was sacked twice. 

2 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

I can say that because it's true. Until points are awarded for performances it doesn't make a blind bit of difference to our chances of survival. 

They don’t award points for performances, but they do take goal difference into account. Nuff said.

9 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

They don’t award points for performances, but they do take goal difference into account. Nuff said.

Only relevant if we finish level on points with 17th. Wildly optimistic aspiration based on the yield from Smith's first 6 matches.

18 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Russell Martin = Never been sacked.

Antonio Conte = Sacked once, quit three times.

Football managers get sacked. Arsene Wenger was sacked twice. 

What the **** are you talking about? Re-read my post you spanner. If you need help, just ask, always happy to assist those less fortunate than I, but I think you can probably figure this one out yourself.

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

When the likes of Jim Smith and Tub think you're stupid it's a good sign you're on the right track.

... who agrees with you?

What positives did you take out of the Man City and Chelsea games, what moments across the 90 minutes did you enjoy?  I hated watching both of those games from start to finish and there were genuinely no positives to take. Literally none. They were depressing as **** to watch.

Compare that to Man U and Spurs for a second. I enjoyed both of those performances nearly the whole way through, lots of individuals played well, we looked competitive, we even created chances!! We had so many moments to get the crowd going and to feel better about. I felt positive and hopeful after those games.

But no, the end result in all 4 games was 0 points so lets leave it at that!

9 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Only relevant if we finish level on points with 17th. Wildly optimistic aspiration based on the yield from Smith's first 6 matches.

Also relevant if you'd rather watch us lose narrowly in a competitive match as opposed to being completed humiliated and a national laughing stock.

I thought that would be a pretty universal thought process but perhaps not.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

... who agrees with you?

Exactly.

And.... Dean Smith got more points in his first 5 games as Norwich manager in the Premier League than Farke did in his  first5 games as Norwich manager in the second tier, and yet this w*nker still isn't prepared to give Dean Smith a chance to put his stamp on the team without reminding everybody almost daily that he doesn't rate him.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Also relevant if you'd rather watch us lose narrowly in a competitive match as opposed to being completed humiliated and a national laughing stock.

I thought that would be a pretty universal thought process but perhaps not.

He's thick.

He struggled at Villa and he'll struggle here. Knee jerk reaction to replace DF with an equally bad manager.

Smith's CV reads no better than Fark's he just had more money at his disposal.

He'll be gone(sacked) in under 12 months.

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

Fickle flip-flopper, I thought you didn't care about league position when you had your mega tantrum?

On 11/11/2021 at 14:56, canarydan23 said:

Big decision to make in the new year when the renewals drop. I don't really care about league position or what division we're in, I just want to support a club I can be proud of. 

23 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Blimey, talk about delusional.

Ah, you thought I was comparing myself to Brian Cox. Easy mistake for someone like you to make. I should have known it would need explaining in simpler terms. The gap between you and I is comparable to that which is between Joey Essex and Brian Cox. Brian Cox is much smarter than I, Joey Essex is much smarter than you. Do you get it now? Or do you need even more hand-holding?

17 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Fickle flip-flopper, I thought you didn't care about league position when you had your mega tantrum?

Deary me. Re-read both those quotes and point out the contradiction you think you see. Given how much practice you get at trawling through people's old posts, you should be a lot better at it than you are. I'm sure Joey Essex would do it much more effectively and efficiently. He never would though, I suspect he's too busy having a life to consider searching old posts to try and point-score on an internet forum a worthwhile endeavour. You on the other hand...

I think at this stage its all a bit pointless for posters to start comparing Smith with Farke. Our last four games have been against fairly mediocre opposition who did not perform that great. Indeed I would say Man Utd have far bigger problems than we have !! Yes we had a weakened side last night but for me the players on the pitch struggled with all the basics. There was no sign of any creativity, drive or any urgency to produce a result and experienced players such as Krul, McClean and Gibson showed no display of any leadership. For the whole 90 mins we barely found anyone in space, partly due to lack of movement, and continually passing to closely marked players who were easily shut down. The odd times we looked like developing an attack we regularly turned on the ball and passed back. Why does not someone tells Aarons to stop doing this. Very frustrating and I just do not see the quality or enthusiasm to survive.

18 hours ago, chicken said:

I was comparing it specifically to the 5-1 thumping Villa gave us that was being alluded to before. This was the line up:
image.png.4eefc7c3854c371adace6fa526a541f3.pngimage.png.437d1e08e8caa6bebb0f755d82ab9739.png

Would you rather have that side from a couple of seasons ago or the one we put out today? The Villa squad on that day?

image.thumb.png.4b9fb9f83a70317262955e4f7b785565.pngimage.png.a1f212a932ae0faf9935927b4eff8f6a.png

Krul, Aarons, Pukki, Cantwell, Idah and Byram are the only players in our side in the same place in todays starting line up and bench. Equally, apart from Amadou at CB, they were all arguably first choice players at the time. Though there is possible an argument that with Zimmermann and Hanley both fit they would have been the preferred starting pairing. But we'll never know. Godfrey started alongside Zimmermann the season before due to injury to Hanley.

Smith has got a better result with a worse Norwich side and against a Villa side that whilst it may be lacking Grealish, now has other options to call upon in Watkins, Ings and Buendia and has to be considered to be at least as good as the one put out two seasons ago.

Im not following your logic on that one at all. McGovern in goal. A DM at CB, Lightweightner and Stiepermann? Im not sure how you can say that's a significantly better team with a straight face.

Yes it has Buendia in it, but Krul's presence over McGovern makes up for that (on paper - if I recall properly I dont think you'd fault McGovern for any of the goals, but Krul is a far better keeper)

Edited by The Great Mass Debater

2 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

You're still at it. Priceless. Like Joey Essex calling Brian Cox thick.

Either one? 

_110026241_mediaitem110026240.jpg

images (1).jpeg

Performance under Smith have been somewhat uneven, but on average 2 steps ahead anything Farke got out of the team.

The problem is that instead of £10M prospects we needed £15M veterans. As it is, we basically have three PL quality players - Pukki, Norrman and Krul - and a couple who probably will eventually be PL quality. Most new recruits basically needed half a season in Championship to gel and get used to the physicality and pace.

I've not totally given up, but we can't draw our way out of relegation. We need to score.