2 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Rob Butler just said in the Radio that he wasn't bad it was the players around him and he'd only started 5 games.

Got to hope he doesn't start another 5 🤦

So who else out of webbers wonders is going to assist or score?

Couldn't have helped his confidence to be kept away from his team mates for so long. Putting such a high price on his head to stop him moving wasn't a good move either.He probably wouldn't have been considered ready tonight had it not been for the injuries.

We know he can be a good player at this level. Smith has got to try and put things right, I hope he can,who knows, peoples' opinions might change as quickly as they have with Placheta. 

4 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

Couldn't have helped his confidence to be kept away from his team mates for so long. Putting such a high price on his head to stop him moving wasn't a good move either.He probably wouldn't have been considered ready tonight had it not been for the injuries.

We know he can be a good player at this level. Smith has got to try and put things right, I hope he can,who knows, peoples' opinions might change as quickly as they have with Placheta. 

I don't think I'd bother.

Sell in January and cut our losses.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

for how much and who will want him?

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Thought he was dreadful first half better second.. was one of the few to make any intelligent runs.  Not fit.

OK so he's not fit.

But give me one good reason why he shouldn't be fit? 

• Like 1

Like Pukki can't really do a lot unless he gets the ball in decent positions and we are just too slow at getting the ball to either player. Still potentially our best outlet if he gets back into good form but how costly is Buendia leaving starting to look

• Like 1

Clearly not fit - not sure why that is. Long covid sufferer? Kept quiet because of potential transfer values? Unlikely but...

Second half he was one of the better players to be fair. But better of an awful team performance. I imagine he wouldn't have been starting had we not had 8 first team players unavailable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AJ said:

Like Pukki can't really do a lot unless he gets the ball in decent positions and we are just too slow at getting the ball to either player. Still potentially our best outlet if he gets back into good form but how costly is Buendia leaving starting to look

About £120m isn't it? The value of a season in this league? 

We got £33m...

... so after relegation, about £87m worth of costly?

Just now, hogesar said:

Clearly not fit - not sure why that is. Long covid sufferer? Kept quiet because of potential transfer values?

Well f*ck me, that would be the definition of counter productive.

If they can announce his long covid tomorrow please, it would explain everything and instantly add £5m to his transfer value. 

37 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

Do you think he will go in January? And do you think this is what he wanted all along? A move? Maybe the club won’t trigger the 1 year extension if they know they won’t get much for him maybe? I don’t know how it all works as sometimes it gets political but just seems odd the Cantwell is playing poor every match when he is one of the best players. 

Edited by Star55

57 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Thought he was dreadful first half better second.. was one of the few to make any intelligent runs.  Not fit.

The only intelligent run he made was down the tunnel after he's been subbed. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't understand why he's not being played in that 10 role. Playing him opposite Placheta seems, at best, to unbalance the squad, and at worst, play him in a position where he just really isn't suited.

• Like 2

Cantwell isnt as good as a number of people (including himself) think he is.

He scored some good goals against some big teams, but like Hughton's famed unbeaten run, it has for a long time proven to be the exception rather than the rule. 

He has enough to make a nice highlights reel, and he has cultivated his image to try and pass style off as substance - but to quote George Michael - 'Sometimes the clothes do not make the man'.

Somewhere along the way Todd has had some bad advice or coaching and believes that the path to success is to talk the talk, look the part, act like a Charlie Big Potato and people will buy it. His petulance seems forced to me, as if he thinks people will assume he is only acting like that because his greatness is being held back - kid seems far too focussed on his image and his brand than what he actually does on the pitch. I think it's a generational thing

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Star55 said:

Do you think he will go in January? And do you think this is what he wanted all along? A move? Maybe the club won’t trigger the 1 year extension if they know they won’t get much for him maybe? I don’t know how it all works as sometimes it gets political but just seems odd the Cantwell is playing poor every match when he is one of the best players. 

While I'm am not claiming to be ITK, but a move away in the summer would have been the best scenario - so I have heard

• Like 1