TeemuVanBasten

Cantwell straight down the tunnel...

Don’t know if it happened more than once but he reacted angrily to some home fans when conceding a throw. Fans were shouting for him to get in the game, be stronger, quicker (fair critisism of him last night imo) and he was very unhappy. This was literally just before being subbed off so may have been part of the reason he then went straight down the tunnel.

For me, his attitude sucks. No tracking back, weak in the tackle and in possession and hopping around like a stroppy kid when things weren't going his way. Was he played out of position like some have said? Maybe, but do the job sent out to do. And as for when he was substituted, for me the only reason to flounce down the tunnel without acknowledging the bench was because he needed a dump. When he did return his face wasn't that of someone who had rid themselves of a massive turtle head but of a kid who had been told off. Was hoping he'd be the spark we needed but wouldn't be overly bothered if we don't see him in a Norwich shirt again

It's as though since the Farke fallout he's just lost all semblance of his natural talent and ability. If he didn't have his name on the back of the shirt you'd think it was a completely different player to the guy who made such an impact in the top flight two seasons ago.

Reminds me a bit of Space Jam (the original) when the basketball stars get their talent sucked out of them by the little aliens. 

Maybe that's why we're bottom, we've got a little group of aliens that follow the team around and suck the ability out of our players. Gilmour and Tzolis are other victims.

Rupp and Idah have been trying to tell everyone this for years but no-one ever listened to them 🤭

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, percy varco said:

He does not look a shadow of the player we know he is. 
whatever is wrong I hope he is getting professional help, support and guidance. 

He very firmly stated in October that he is having no mental health issues, he shot down fans on twitter and seemed quite angry at the suggestion, yet you seem to be implying that he does? 

1 hour ago, Don’t be Krul said:

When he did return his face wasn't that of someone who had rid themselves of a massive turtle head but of a kid who had been told off

If he were a kid the fans would cut him more slack, but he's almost 24 now... not 19.

Flounced down the tunnel or had just played the most competitive football he had for over 2 months and needed to get ice or a massage on aching muscles? He wasn't working as hard or as well as we all know he has on the past, but going down the tunnel straight after being subbed does not show a bad attitude

5 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Flounced down the tunnel or had just played the most competitive football he had for over 2 months and needed to get ice or a massage on aching muscles? He wasn't working as hard or as well as we all know he has on the past, but going down the tunnel straight after being subbed does not show a bad attitude

Perhaps watching him not working hard enough for 60 minutes is what led people to jump to conclusions about the walk down the tunnel.

10 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

Maybe he was checking on Kabak who equally couldn't be as bothered. I suspect the only reason he didn't check on Gilmour was he was still on the pitch.

Kabak looked a bit too eager to get off the pitch for me, the complete opposite to Hanley on Saturday. I don't know what his injury was to be fair though.

At least Todd re-appeared after the game but I didn't see if he did before the final whistle.

59 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He very firmly stated in October that he is having no mental health issues, he shot down fans on twitter and seemed quite angry at the suggestion, yet you seem to be implying that he does? 

I did not imply, you interpretated. 
On Sat and last night he did not perform as we know he can. 
It has been stated personal issues and help is available for such issues whatever they are. 
I wish him well

55 minutes ago, RobertRosariosBeefTomatoes said:

OR once again YOU are part of the problem. Making your own assumptions to suit your own view.

Binner 

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Perhaps watching him not working hard enough for 60 minutes is what led people to jump to conclusions about the walk down the tunnel.

Aaah, jumping to conclusions, always a smart move. That's ok then.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Should take it up with them eh Corky?

Was I having a dig at you? Hadn't noticed.  Merely commenting on the stupidity of jumping  to conclusions. 

It wear the if Cap fits.

That's all Ffffolks.

14 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Was I having a dig at you? Hadn't noticed.  Merely commenting on the stupidity of jumping  to conclusions. 

It wear the if Cap fits.

That's all Ffffolks.

Righty-o

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

26 minutes ago, Lee Marshall said:

It looks like Cantwell has completely lost his form and passion now, sadly. I guess a move might be the best thing for him at this point.

I don't think he has looked much worse than anyone else on the pitch over the past couple of games. The whole team looks absolutely bereft of any ideas and confidence or indeed ability to even try and win a football match. It looked very much like we were playing for the draw last night which is not really acceptable at home

Just now, AJ said:

I don't think he has looked much worse than anyone else on the pitch over the past couple of games. The whole team looks absolutely bereft of any ideas and confidence or indeed ability to even try and win a football match. It looked very much like we were playing for the draw last night which is not really acceptable at home

Eh? 

Last couple of games including the Man Utd one, where pretty much the whole team was class?

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Eh? 

Last couple of games including the Man Utd one, where pretty much the whole team was class?

I wouldn't say we were class, United were very poor and we still struggled to create any real clear cut chances. It was indeed streets ahead of lasts night performance though, which is definitely one of the worst I've had the displeasure to witness at Carrow Road. Todd was no worst than a number of others on that pitch though, no need to single him out

He was never the answer as he doesn’t hold any of the attributes to be a prem player. Pace, strength, determination. His attitude derives from a lack of resilience. Things are great when the team is winning, and he spent most of his youth career winning and being the best player. Big fish small pond. But he doesn’t really appear to be able and dig in and graft. 

Todd's barely played, cut him some slack guys.  Yes he was bad, but we know there's a lot more in there, there's no reason he chooses to play like this.  Perhaps watch some footage of him to remind yourself what he's capable of. 

Whatever has happened personally, clearly now needs a period to rebuild and was glad to hear Smith defend him post match.  If we can't support a lad when he's on a downer, then what's the point?!

Mate text me mid game, watching on BT said that Todd was or looked like he was crying on the bench(?!).  

Don't know if people watching at home saw a different perspective when he walked off the field?  Must admit, I was most gutted that we weren't brining Dimi on to add some energy at the time and was discussing what the change would be, so didn't pay a great deal of attention to him going down the tunnel.

I'd imagine he was incredibly frustrated with his performance, as he came up to us a few times pumping his arms and little signals to raise the noise.

• Like 3

It's funny how conclusions are always drawn for Todd, but not for others. Emi used to regularly sulk and go straight down the tunnel, particularly if he hadn't played well (or equally if he was playing really well, to be honest).

I don't know what people saw on TV but at the ground it looked like he got subbed, high fived some people then walked down the tunnel, came back out and watched the rest of the game on the bench.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Todd's barely played, cut him some slack guys.  Yes he was bad, but we know there's a lot more in there, there's no reason he chooses to play like this.  Perhaps watch some footage of him to remind yourself what he's capable of. 

Whatever has happened personally, clearly now needs a period to rebuild and was glad to hear Smith defend him post match.  If we can't support a lad when he's on a downer, then what's the point?!

Mate text me mid game, watching on BT said that Todd was or looked like he was crying on the bench(?!).  

Don't know if people watching at home saw a different perspective when he walked off the field?  Must admit, I was most gutted that we weren't brining Dimi on to add some energy at the time and was discussing what the change would be, so didn't pay a great deal of attention to him going down the tunnel.

I'd imagine he was incredibly frustrated with his performance, as he came up to us a few times pumping his arms and little signals to raise the noise.

Thank goodness Google Bot. I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought like that. 

I thought he tried desperately hard just that it all seems misdirected and a little aimless. He looked totally frustrated to me. No wonder he was upset after waiting so long to get a chance only to not impress again.

To me he plays best when he is full of imagination and tricks and when a player like that loses confidence, for whatever reason, he loses a great deal.

• Like 5

Sitting above the tunnel it appeared to me that he high fived or shook hands with a few including Smith because they instigated it, he then went down the tunnel and ripped off his head band.  I really couldn't tell whether he was; being petulant, angry, disappointed or frustrated, but his demeanour, actions and facial expression certainly gave me the impression he was not happy about something, which could be a combination of things?

14 hours ago, king canary said:

I expected once Farke left that he'd knuckle down and react well to the idea of a clean slate. Instead he's seemingly descending further into petulance.

You have to wonder after everything this season, is everything OK off the pitch? Obviously we're not owed any explanation of that sort of thing but it seems bigger than just 'football' at this point.

You really do seem to believe that Farke was the root of our problems, but despite the amount of stick he got for only giving both Cantwell and Gilmour very limited game time this season, it seems pretty clear that his judgement has been totally vindicated on both players.

Great shame as both are clearly talented, Todd probably is potentially our most talented player but based on what we've seen of them this season, under both Farke and Smith, neither of them should have or should now be starting.

Farke said Cantwell wasn't showing enough in training to start (or even make the bench?) and that judgement can now be seen to be spot on. What Smith has seen I've no idea but I'm guessing nothing different but played him anyway as in NCFC terms he is a 'big' player.

Like you, I don't think we are owed any explanation as to what the problem is but I would have thought Farke had earned enough respect for what he has done at Norwich to be believed when he said Cantwell wasn't ready to play. But it seems that many had already decided that Farke wasn't up to it and this just became another convenient stick to beat him with.

13 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He's played a hell of a lot more than Sorenson and Placheta.

Statistically, or in your head?

Past 12 matches (Mid september!)

Todd: 126 mins (Max per game: 61 mins)

Placheta: 147 mins (Max per game: 75 mins)

Sorensen: 168 mins (Max per game: 90 mins)

Past 4 matches

Todd: 81 Mins

Placheta: 145 mins

Sorensen: 168 Mins

Don't let facts get in the way of a negative bias, of course:-

image.png.220d78b7ef4afc5d3cad67674123693e.pngimage.thumb.png.7f389d327b68fd4ad4c4c091a5131e0b.png

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jambomo said:

I honestly think they are making something out of nothing. He went and high-fived everyone then went down the tunnel. He might have been annoyed at his own performance and yeah, be going to the loo or something.

I honestly think if Keown doesn’t say what he did, that he’s storming off, we wouldn’t even be thinking it.

For gawds sake man, don't be posting stuff like that which goes against the running theme of whipping the poor lad.

Just join in whilst recalling such threads of past -
- Is it because he wants to come out?
- It's because he has an attitude problem.
- It's because he thinks he's better than he is.
- It's because he's mental (as in has mental health issues).
- It's because he spends too much time on instagram.
- It's because he spends too much time on social media.
- It's because of his hair (no one likes his hair).
- It's because he's too weak and get's shoved off the ball to easily (despite stats suggesting otherwise).

We can go on at this point.

• Like 2