TeemuVanBasten

Cantwell straight down the tunnel...

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Well, he's back on the bench now. 

Good, hopefully if it was an act of petulance he quickly realised the error of his ways and had a change of heart.

Just now, Tetteys Jig said:

do well to give him away now. Might as well get Onel back in the meantime and send Todd back to U23s

As whacky said, this wasn't necessarily evidence of a poor attitude, but I'm shocked at how poor his performances have been this season. 

Is it a confidence crisis, or is he just out of his depth? 

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

As whacky said, this wasn't necessarily evidence of a poor attitude, but I'm shocked at how poor his performances have been this season. 

There seems to be some real issue with him.

I expected once Farke left that he'd knuckle down and react well to the idea of a clean slate. Instead he's seemingly descending further into petulance.

You have to wonder after everything this season, is everything OK off the pitch? Obviously we're not owed any explanation of that sort of thing but it seems bigger than just 'football' at this point.

I have been calling him out for at least 2 seasons has a bad attitude and must be sold in January 

once again I am proven correct 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I think there must be issues going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. I have no idea what, but this seems different to a usual fitness problem or confidence crisis. 

I don't think so many fans getting on his back will help in the slightest, however.

No but stropping down the tunnel when you get subbed doesn't help him either. There is only so much backing fans will give and generally he's had a positive reception in the ground since Smith bought him back into the fold.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Probably for a pi$$

Unlikely to need a p*ss after running around sweating, you need to rehydrate after exercise.

A sh*t on the other hand is more likely.

I’ve been a huge fan of Todd but something is clearly very wrong with him.

looked awful today and just not with it.

Looks like he needs time away from the game,. Playing him is not doing any good (or us)

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Unlikely to need a p*ss after running around sweating, you need to rehydrate after exercise.

A sh*t on the other hand is more likely.

Most of the team seemed were sh*t all over the pitch tonight 

Biggest concern for me is Todd was always a player who would have value should we need to sell,

His value is rapidly regressing.

When we go down this season, I don't see a team that comes straight back up, when you consider the players on loan that would be leaving, the age/form of players staying and the sellable assets we'd be left with.

Edited by CDMullins

29 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Its a very interesting question , either way that 40 million price tag looks a tad inaccurate.😂

Some people acted like Farke not playing Cantwell was showing that Farke had lost his head or something. i think now we can see there were rational reasons for it. Similarly Billy Gimlour has had his moments, but you cant say he necessarily makes the team any better than our other midfielders.

I miss Farke. He would at least make me feel better with his voice telling us that "we are the only self funding club at this level". Ahh those sweet soothing lies. How I miss you Daniel

• Like 3

I felt the same, but thinking about it, why on Earth is he seemingly being played as a wide man?

Never going to shine in that position.

I honestly think they are making something out of nothing. He went and high-fived everyone then went down the tunnel. He might have been annoyed at his own performance and yeah, be going to the loo or something.

I honestly think if Keown doesn’t say what he did, that he’s storming off, we wouldn’t even be thinking it.

• Like 1

I don't think going down the tunnel is petulant. I will be glad if he is angry. At least he showed some spirit. I would rather he showed it on the field of course. But apart from Byram, nobody else seemed to show any Devil. And please don't try to explain what Aarons was up to hold his head after the ball hit his hand.

Maybe he was checking on Kabak who equally couldn't be as bothered. I suspect the only reason he didn't check on Gilmour was he was still on the pitch.

Edited by Iwans Big Toe

52 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I have been calling him out for at least 2 seasons has a bad attitude and must be sold in January 

once again I am proven correct 

Probably right if there wasn't a justified reason but his sale value is very low currently 

Few million at best 

What a dreadful waste of value 

Poor management 

11 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

And please don't try to explain what Aarons was up to hold his head after the ball hit his hand.

Well that was an absolutely brilliant piece of quick thinking! 

He did brilliantly! 

• Haha 1

Todd Cantwell is not the first Norwich City player to walk straight down the tunnel, nor will he be the last.

However, I am impressed that some people on this thread have inside knowledge of where he went and what he did, to determine his petulance. Of course it couldn’t be that he needed the loo or something else entirely non-petulant. But y’know, agendas and a narrative.

• Like 1

A lot of hate in the ground for Cantwell tonight pretty much straight from the kickoff.

I think his days are numbered here. Needs a move away.

2 hours ago, rock bus said:

I’ve been a huge fan of Todd but something is clearly very wrong with him.

looked awful today and just not with it.

Looks like he needs time away from the game,. Playing him is not doing any good (or us)

He does not look a shadow of the player we know he is. 
whatever is wrong I hope he is getting professional help, support and guidance. 

If you can't see his storming off as petulant then you're having a laugh, much the same as when he chose to sit on the pitch on his own when we got relegated as Webber rightly called him on. 

Stroppy slap at Idahs hand whilst we're under pressure and chasing the game? Straight down the tunnel? This does not reflect a person pulling in the direction of the team. 

Maybe soccerbot is just very effective at highlighting players we don't really need right now.

2 hours ago, Ian said:

I felt the same, but thinking about it, why on Earth is he seemingly being played as a wide man?

Never going to shine in that position.

Left wing / left wide midfield is his normal position and the one that Farke fielded him in for pretty much all his games in 2018/19 and 2019/20.