chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Villa (PL) *****

The appalling injury list needs taking into consideration, but it doesn't excuse this insipid display. 

Let's see some heart second half please lads. 

Why can we lift for Manure and look like a non league side tonight.

Why have we been playing the ball forward quicker and tonight Gibson has touched the ball more than anyone.

Why is Placheta hugging the touchline so tight. He has nowhere to turn except inside.

Why has Aarons become so bad.

Why is Todd on the pitch (and I am one of his biggest fans)

Why did we sack DF

Well that was horrific, even allowing for the covid/injuries. Just letting them stroll past us unchallenged. Awful defending for the goal.

We need a left footed outlet on the left hand side. Desperately. Get Dimi on and push them back a bit. Get Todd off. I’d put Mumba on the right for Placheta too. 

9 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

No Sorensen is putting a lot of work in but the outcomes are poor at best

Another one!  🤪 Sorenson's job is to intercept, tackle, cut out and give it to someone to launch the attacks.  He's doing that, but Gilmour who receives it is doing fuxk all!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, robertociNCFC said:

Awful out there, where has the fight and desire from the Man Utd game gone? Too sluggish and predictable on the ball and far too slow to close down off it. 

Hopefully Dean and Shakey can light a fire up under their ar$es because the result is only going one way as it stands.

Maybe (probably) Villa are playing better than Man U did.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Why can we lift for Manure and look like a non league side tonight.

Why have we been playing the ball forward quicker and tonight Gibson has touched the ball more than anyone.

Why is Placheta hugging the touchline so tight. He has nowhere to turn except inside.

Why has Aarons become so bad.

Why is Todd on the pitch (and I am one of his biggest fans)

Why did we sack DF

'Why did we sack DF'

We would 0-3 down under Farke with this squad let's be honest

• Like 2

Just now, Fuzzar said:

The appalling injury list needs taking into consideration, but it doesn't excuse this insipid display. 

Let's see some heart second half please lads. 

Agreed. It must be factored in. Feels like we don't ever have much luck on the injury/covid front. Should have done more but we probably can't compete with that starting 11 against any team in the Prem

Just now, Newtopia said:

It is heart and drive that are missing - Todd and Gilmour just give the ball too easily

Sums it up

I’ve always been a big fan of Todd but he has been woeful tonight and something is obviously seriously wrong with him

He needs taking offf and Dimi to come one.

I’d haul Gilmour off as well if we had another midfielder!

We were Championship bound from day one, recruitment abyssmal.  And now the familiar injury curse.

2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Sorenson's game at CDM is not to press but to cover and intercept.  What planet are you on?  Agree with lack of pressing but that I'd Gilmour, McLean & the front three's fault, not Sorenson's!

Of course he needs to do his part there. Look the space in front of him and how it is used to break our press. I am sure he is willing to do that, but will need some adaptation. And I don't mean he should be pressing next to Pukki, but pressing is full formation effort and cdm plays one of the biggest parts in it.

Oh, and I'm on planet Earth. Thanks for asking.

Message for Mr Webber. Doesn’t matter who the manager is. You just can’t make a silk purse from a pigs ear! Your recruitment this season has been just awful and it shows. 8 goals all season speaks for itself, and Pukki has had SEVEN TOUCHES and  NO shots on goal.  Relegation beckons yet once again!

Not good, is it. When we do gst the ball, we give it straight back, just makes it easy for the opposition. Then not to tackle a player running in on goal........just poor so far.  Toothless up front too, not sure what Cantwell is doing - just running around leaving gaps behind him.  Placheta and Aarons look as if they could do something, but apart from that, we are nowhere in ythis game. At throw ins we are so slow and all players are marked - yet when Villa get a throw in they always have a man free....and so it goes on.

Need a big change if they are to get anything from this match.

Edited by lake district canary

Sorensen the only positive this half! Gilmour goes backwards, McLean is having his normal I’m not playing tonight! Slow and utterly Farke like. Not helped by the loss of players, but Gilmour and McLean need to step it up and help move the ball forwards.

• Like 1

Just now, The Bristol Nest said:

Sutton just said that we are playing with a man down due to Cantwell.

Sadly he is not wrong, and Gilmour has not done much more.  I cut him more slack because he need runners to pass to

Sargent is really poor attacking but the way he presses is integral to the defensive work of City. So far this game I've seen zero press..

I don’t understand why Byram was brought in to go into midfield, seems an odd choice. Wonder if temporary until half time then he’ll swap with Sorensen.

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Sorensen the only positive this half! Gilmour goes backwards, McLean is having his normal I’m not playing tonight! Slow and utterly Farke like. Not helped by the loss of players, but Gilmour and McLean need to step it up and help move the ball forwards.

And in flashes Placheta 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'Why did we sack DF'

We would 0-3 down under Farke with this squad let's be honest

I know but its a bit of pathos while typing. I actually want to scream.