chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Villa (PL) *****

3 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

Cantwell looks out of it

Cantwell, without the creative support of players such as Vrancic & Buendia etc, is showing all his weaknesses. He's never once performed without Buendia next to him. He's lack of ability has been masked. Some could see it during the good times. 

We're playing an established but average PL side and surprise surprise we look too small and slow compared to them and can't match their intensity. I just hope after this season that Webber and the club will finally clock that you need a team of fast, super athletes to be competitive in this league and you can't play slow tippy tippy football anymore, the game has moved on from Tika taka 

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

I say Sorenson has done well, plenty of blocks as you'd expect from a CDM.  It's Gilmour that is the weak link at the moment.  We play in yellow Billy!

OK but his last 4 passes have been to AV

We don't seem to have a coherent plan of how to attack Villa. Cantwell looks like he's still playing Farke-ball, we haven't tried to exploit Placheta's pace and Gilmour and McLean both aren't able to pick a ball through or drive at Villa and make them worry.

Just now, WD40 said:

Todd off at HT and Sargent on to become the hero?

He's not on the bench.

We're ponderous with the ball, weak without

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

We don't seem to have a coherent plan of how to attack Villa. Cantwell looks like he's still playing Farke-ball, we haven't tried to exploit Placheta's pace and Gilmour and McLean both aren't able to pick a ball through or drive at Villa and make them worry.

Smith needed a bit of luck with injuries and a settled squad. We had something to build on, but as usual our luck with injuries is short lived. 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

Just now, king canary said:

He isn't on the bench so that would be quite a shock.

Oh didn’t see that. Shows how desperate I am to bring on a player I don’t rate who isn’t even on the bench. 

Gibson's fault. Backed off, stood off, just waited and scared to draw a line in the sand and say This far, and no further

• Like 1