chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Villa (PL) *****

May be an image of 4 people and text that says "LOTUS Joma Vitality Premier League AVFC (( LOTUS F CAZOO CANARIES V VILLANS CARROW ROAD NEVER MIND THEDANGER TUESDAY DECEMBER ...- KICK-OFF7.45PM(UK)"
Home Fixture, Carrow Road, 7.45pm(GMT) kick-off, for those not in the same time zone...

May be an image of map and text that says "GLOBAL KICK-OFF NORWICH CITYV ASTON VILLA Helsinki 21:45 Toronto 14:45 Norwich 19:45 Berlin 20:45 Tampa Bay 14:45 Los Angeles 11:45 Beijing 03:45 Pristina 20:45 Abu Dhabi 23:45 Athens 21:45 Rio De Janeiro 16:45 Seoul 04:45 Hong Kong 03:45 Bangkok 02:45 Nairobi 22:45 TAMPA BAY FLORIDA Buenos Aires 16:45 Sydney 06:45"
No quotes this time out... probably due to lack of time between fixtures.
May be an image of 12 people and text that says "AVFC #NORAVL STARTINGX PUKKI CANTWELL PŁACHETA McLEAN GILMOUR LOTUS SORENSEN C WILLIAMS GIBSON KABAK AARONS KRUL SUBS GUNN BYRAM• TOMKINSON MUMBA. GIANNOULIS ROWE IDAH DOWELL DICKSON-PETERS Premier League"

Videos:

Articles:
The BBC take on tonight's fixture.
The usual PinkUn presser report on this evenings game.
Canaries.co.uk official club preview.

Ins, Outs, Suspensions:
Norwich: Outs - Hanley joins Zimmermann, Rashica, Omobamidele and Normann on the injury list for this game. Tzolis remains to be isolating with Covid-19. Ins - Williams comes back after being ineligible Vs Man Utd. Byram featured on the bench for the last game as well so has progressed in his comeback. EDIT: Rupp, PLM and Sargent appear to be out either injured or with Covid, more on that later.
Aston Villa: Outs - Two unnamed Villa players have tested positive for Covid-19 and will miss tonight's game. Marvelous Nakamba is out injured with a knee injury. Ins - none that I can find.

A little bit of knowledge:
Aston Villa were founded in 1874 by members of a cricket team looking to keep their side together in the winter months outside of the cricket season. The club name derives from two aspects of local geography. Aston is taken from the district they are in, which in turn comes from the older 'Estone' meaning East Hill. The Villa aspect derives from the cricket team of the founding members - Villa Cross Wesleyan Chapel. Their original nickname was "lions" after their club crest and then later "villans", a play on words with the club name (note it is not "villains"). 

Pups for the CSF:
Same thread as Saturday I believe, please correct me if I am wrong @nutty nigel.

Edited by chicken
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Norwich have never won a Premier League game on a Tuesday 😬

Have we ever won live on BT sport either?

Villa Fan in Peace...

I am looking forward to the game this evening. I would strongly fancy Villa for 3 points if there wasn't the Buendia and Smith factors. This game could be much more like a cup game than a league game as I am sure Smith will be desperate to get the 3 points and it does look like he has the players on his side and they will be wanting to do it for him too. Buendia is starting and hasn't had a great start at Villa but he is starting to look good. The Norwich crowd will either push him to put in a MOTM performance or it will overwhelm him and it he will have a poor game. I guess a lot depends on who the 2 Villa players are that have confirmed Covid, if they are key players we could be in trouble. Nakamba missing from our midfield is a huge loss, he has been brilliant under Gerrard. Sanson will replace him (as long as he doesn't have Covid) and hopefully (for Villa) he will manage a full 90 minutes, I don't believe he has managed this since he joined Villa nearly 12 months ago.

Anyway, hoping for a good entertaining game, obviously I hope Villa win so I won't wish you guys 'Good Luck'

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, VillaFan said:

Villa Fan in Peace...

I am looking forward to the game this evening. I would strongly fancy Villa for 3 points if there wasn't the Buendia and Smith factors. This game could be much more like a cup game than a league game as I am sure Smith will be desperate to get the 3 points and it does look like he has the players on his side and they will be wanting to do it for him too. Buendia is starting and hasn't had a great start at Villa but he is starting to look good. The Norwich crowd will either push him to put in a MOTM performance or it will overwhelm him and it he will have a poor game. I guess a lot depends on who the 2 Villa players are that have confirmed Covid, if they are key players we could be in trouble. Nakamba missing from our midfield is a huge loss, he has been brilliant under Gerrard. Sanson will replace him (as long as he doesn't have Covid) and hopefully (for Villa) he will manage a full 90 minutes, I don't believe he has managed this since he joined Villa nearly 12 months ago.

Anyway, hoping for a good entertaining game, obviously I hope Villa win so I won't wish you guys 'Good Luck'

How has Buendia's temperament been when he has played this season? When he was playing for us, he could get wound up and get a bit petulant. Got a feeling some of the Norwich lads might try and get into him a bit tonight.

2 minutes ago, Satriales said:

How has Buendia's temperament been when he has played this season? When he was playing for us, he could get wound up and get a bit petulant. Got a feeling some of the Norwich lads might try and get into him a bit tonight.

So far there has been no signs of temperament issues. But, saying that, he hasn't played many games and has started fewer. He looked a bit of a lazy player at the start but recently he appears to be working much harder than he had done previously. Whereas Smith is a nice guy and will manage players by developing mutual respect, I think Gerrard is a bit of a nasty ****, and it is either do it his way or leave. Gerrard will probably have a more immediate reaction from players while I think Smith will get players working better for the long term and will develop much more of a team atmosphere. 

30 minutes ago, VillaFan said:

Villa Fan in Peace...

Midlands binner

• Haha 2

Just now, NFN FC said:

Midlands binner

I am not even from the Midlands. If you look at my comment history on here, I do post every now and then, I have previously explained why I like Norwich and why I follow Norwich games. But hey, I guess you think it is much better to jump to conclusions when you don't know someone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaFan said:

I am not even from the Midlands. If you look at my comment history on here, I do post every now and then, I have previously explained why I like Norwich and why I follow Norwich games. But hey, I guess you think it is much better to jump to conclusions when you don't know someone.

Hey guy, don't pay no heed, we call everyone new here a binner...

3 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Watch out Villa if we actual get our shots on target.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Sorry... 

8 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Watch out Villa if we actual get our shots on target.

One of our Emi's was actually worth 30m+ 😀

48 minutes ago, VillaFan said:

Villa Fan in Peace...

I probably should have messaged you to see if there are any interesting bits of information about Villa's history that most folks are unaware of.

Buendia's temperament issues weren't really that prevalent last season, though I do somewhat wonder if that was down to Farke basically giving him an absolute rocket at the start of the season whilst also telling him he'd get his move if he cut out a lot of the rubbish from his game.

Despite what some fans say on here, and I get a fair bit of stick for saying it, last season was by far his best for us. And a lot of people have a very high opinion of him built on that. To the degree that they sometimes will state that he always tracked back well and worked hard - which isn't the case. As I am sure you are aware if you follow us from time to time. His premier league season for us was frustrating, very hot in some games, not so much in others. Red cards when we needed him the most, left thumping the turf and mouthing off in the direction of the ref and other players when he failed to dribble past four players at other times. He actually made mistakes that directly led to the opposition scoring more than any other midfielder in the PL according to the PL stats. More than an awful lot of defenders too.

Lets face it, if he was proven at this level, he'd have fetched a lot more than £33m and, no disrespect, would have been going to a Leicester or an Arsenal over Villa.

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

No laffing!

1.thumb.jpg.6d3d5c02fc10ace66c35dd05300f759d.jpg

17 minutes ago, chicken said:

I probably should have messaged you to see if there are any interesting bits of information about Villa's history that most folks are unaware of.

Buendia's temperament issues weren't really that prevalent last season, though I do somewhat wonder if that was down to Farke basically giving him an absolute rocket at the start of the season whilst also telling him he'd get his move if he cut out a lot of the rubbish from his game.

Despite what some fans say on here, and I get a fair bit of stick for saying it, last season was by far his best for us. And a lot of people have a very high opinion of him built on that. To the degree that they sometimes will state that he always tracked back well and worked hard - which isn't the case. As I am sure you are aware if you follow us from time to time. His premier league season for us was frustrating, very hot in some games, not so much in others. Red cards when we needed him the most, left thumping the turf and mouthing off in the direction of the ref and other players when he failed to dribble past four players at other times. He actually made mistakes that directly led to the opposition scoring more than any other midfielder in the PL according to the PL stats. More than an awful lot of defenders too.

Lets face it, if he was proven at this level, he'd have fetched a lot more than £33m and, no disrespect, would have been going to a Leicester or an Arsenal over Villa.

Its funny, I just don't rate Leicester as a big team but I agree he would have gone to the likes of Arsenal or Chelsea if he was proven. He needs a couple of seasons in the PL to adapt and prove himself, just in time for his big move away from Villa when he is a proven PL player 😪

Bad covid news apparently coming up. We are cursed i swear

Edit, turns out it's Sargent, Rupp and a few bench options phew. The way the Pink Un lot were talking before the team was announced they made it sound grim and like we'd be without players like Krul, Pukki and Aarons

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

3 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Bad covid news apparently coming up. We are cursed i swear

Edit, turns out it's Sargent, Rupp and a few bench options phew. The way the Pink Un lot were talking before the team was announced they made it sound grim and like we'd be without players like Krul, Pukki and Aarons

Bench is absolutely threadbare though 

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

FGltVj9XIAIGBGU?format=jpg&name=small

Hillarious of Villa to get our hopes up by pretending they had a covid crisis

Full strength team, who is even missing?