Sign in to follow this  
Alex Harvey-Jones

Our reserves!!

I was rather disturbed to see how badly our reserves are doing in yesterday''s programme. Bottom of the table with only 12 points from 17 games with 3 wins and only 7 goals scored (Chris Martin the top scorer with 2). That''s awful!! Ok we are in the prem reserve division and you could argue that it is partly due to the small size of our squad but it still seems a very worrying stat. It says to me that if we get injuries, the quality of the players able to come into the team simply isn''t good enough.

Ipswich are in the same league and are a number of places above us - they beat us 3-0. I guess this shows the superior quality of the younger players that Ipswich have. I think this needs to be addressed urgently and something needs to be done about the quality of youngsters we are bringing through!

For your information the game against Ipswich was just before the Youth cup game versus Chelsea that the boys lost 2-1 in extra time( against the multi million £ club), The side versus Ipswich was made up mainly of Easton College boys and 1st teamers no youth team boys.

If you check the latest results you will find the youth team beat Ipswich youth 1-0 two weeks ago. Dont be disturbed get to Colney and watch the youth that is coming through

Ok point taken but I still think the results are slightly worrying. Isn''t it a bit worrying that Norwich are having to field Easton College boys in the reserve team?? I think that says something in itself!!

THE BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NORWICH & IPSWICH RESERVES IS THAT IPSWICH RESERVES PLAY ONLY RESERVE GAMES, NORWICH RESERVES PLAY BOTH ACADEMY AND RESERVES.  SO ALOT OF THEM PLAY 90 MINS ON SAT AND 90 MINS ON MONDAY NIGHT PLUS TRAIN ON SUNDAY THATS PROBABLY THE REASON.

We might win tonight against chelsea. I think every member of the proposed starting 11, bar the keeper has 1st team experience. Mcveigh is in the squad what must he be thinking. So are the jarvis''s, hendo ( i think), charlton, colin, jarret etc.