Sign in to follow this  
Satriales

Villa score predictions

Rather surprisingly, Mark Lawrenson has predicited we will get 3 points tomorrow!

Norwich are another team who have been affected by players testing positive for Covid, and they have a few injury problems too, but I was still impressed with the way they played against Manchester United.

The outcome of this game could come down to how much each team has got left in the tank, because Aston Villa's players also put in a huge effort in their narrow defeat by Liverpool at Anfield.

It is going to be close, but I am going with a home win. I am sure Canaries boss Dean Smith would love to beat Villa after the way his three-year spell there ended, but the reason I am backing Norwich is just down to the way they have improved since he took charge there last month.

Lawro's prediction: 2-1

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'm always wrong about everything so I refuse to guess

OK I'll guess for you 🙂 2-0 Norwich City.

Pukki and Sargent 

1-0 half time

2-0    88th minute screamer from Sargent 20 yards out top right hand postage stamp. Goal of the Month

🥳🥳

• Haha 2

Let's be honest.. if we are to realistically expect to even have a chance of survival this season.  

We. Have. To. Win. This.

2 - 1 to us.  Emi to score and not celebrate.  

We desperately need a win, I'm just hoping that we show the same level of performance that we showed on Saturday and v Wolves and with that minus our usual dose of horrific luck we might nick it 2-1.

I can see Emi having a howler though, he's at his best when he's relaxed and things are going his way, he'll be incredibly fired up so if we can press them high and force him to come for the ball deep then dump him on his ar5e a few times and get him wound up he'll start trying to force it too much and will make rash decisions, he's just one of a number of quality, dangerous attacking players they have though and they've looked good defensively under Gerrard so even if Emi doesn't play well we're going to have to be at our absolute best to stand a chance

2 hours ago, Satriales said:

Rather surprisingly, Mark Lawrenson has predicited we will get 3 points tomorrow!

Lawro's prediction: 2-1

Oh no. I was feeling quite optimistic until that beetroot faced scouser back us for a win.

15 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Norwich 0 or 1, Aston Villa 1 or 2, cannot make my mind up whether it will be a draw or a narrow defeat, either way going to enjoy the game as if it is the last before crowds are not allowed into football stadia..........

Optimism to warm the heart. 

I was just about to mention that - was expecting Lawro to predict it the other way round. I think I would also say a 2-1 victory

Depends who's still fit! We do need Gibson back as both Omo and Grant will be out for a couple more weeks (at least, in Grant's case). Let Placheta and Sargent have another go alongside Pukki if they are fresh and ready as they looked a fit, fast, and hard-working three. Not to mention Placheta should have a good idea of Matt Cash bearing in mind Cash recently got his first cap for Poland.

Villa really went to the well against Liverpool and you wonder if fatigue could catch up with them. We pushed hard against Man U though.

We need a win, really. I suspect it'll be a 0-0 draw though. But I hope I can read this afterwards and laugh at how wrong I was.

Edited by TheGunnShow

Mings red card. Pukki penalty goal.

1-0

HT

Gilmour drives a shot from edge of area going wide but glances off Sargent's backside and trickles under Martinez.

2-0

FT

5 minutes ago, Thumbbass said:

Mings red card. Pukki penalty goal.

1-0

HT

Gilmour drives a shot from edge of area going wide but glances off Sargent's backside and trickles under Martinez.

2-0

FT

And Sargent scores with his butt. That'll do nicely

11 minutes ago, Mengo said:

And Sargent scores with his butt. That'll do nicely

Sargent scoring at all will do.

2-1 City.

In the 84th minute, at 1-1-, Buendia collides with Cantwell. After a short treatment he carries on, but a minute later releases Pukki, with an inch-perfect through ball by mistake. Pukki  scores in Pukki style. Buendia, still confused, runs to celebrate with the Yellows to the corner flag when he suddenly realises that he actually plays for Villa. How about that for drama?  

• Like 1

As many have said we really need and want this win. I want to see really high energy, direct running with ball, sharp passing and taking a pop at goal.

We need to be on the front foot early today and that also means after half time. We have a defensive shake up likely so for 90 minutes we will need to be on top form across the group to stop mistakes at the back.

I would love a 1-0 or 2-0 but if it is a win most likely 2-1. Pukki and possibly a double. But by god our midfielders need to start scoring if we are to win more games

I agree we do need to win realistically to gave a sniff of the miracle escape occurring.  An advantage we have is that DS should know the strengths and weaknesses of this AV side inside out. I'm going 2-1, we are creating some decent openings now and I think tonight we'll see a couple go in. Main worry is CBs, not sure who is fit, and the adrenalin and backs to the wall attitude of Sat may be a bit diminished.....